eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   PayPal Talk (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/)
-   -   PP permanent Limited : Is this worth to fight (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/141622-pp-permanent-limited-worth-fight.html)

winge00 01-23-2021 06:09 PM

PP permanent Limited : Is this worth to fight

One my stealth PP gone temporarily limited, upon providing created ID, Address & Invoices, Gone permanent Limited

I received the followings in email
--------------------------------------
After a thorough review of your PayPal account, we're initiating its closure in order to protect us from potential financial losses. You'll no longer be able to use PayPal.

What happens to your account balance?

If you have money in your PayPal balance, we'll hold it for up to 180 days. We'll do a periodic review of your account for money release. A gradual approach to an account closure allows us to part ways, while considering any liabilities like settling cases from your buyers, responding to chargebacks and helping you avoid financial losses.

As we initiate the closure, we must oversee the appropriate movement of money in your account. If your account balance shows an amount owing to us, you'll have to settle that amount to avoid further action.

How will the process work?

Our first review will calculate our exposure and can result in any of the 3 different outcomes mentioned. After each review, excess money will be released for withdrawal. We'll communicate the outcome of the reviews to you.

We'll release the entire remaining balance to you for withdrawal. If you choose not to withdraw the money at that point, we reserve the right to re-coup any money at the next review; or
We'll release a part of your remaining balance to you. If this is the case, we'll inform you about how much money can be withdrawn. We'll then conduct another review; or
We won't release any money to you if we deem our exposure to be greater than or equal to your available balance.
Your account may be reviewed multiple times; for up to 180 days from the date of this email. If there is money in your account on 180, it will be made available for withdrawal at that point.

How can you appeal?

If you wish to appeal our decision, you can get in touch with us and let us know. Log in to your PayPal account and click 'Contact' at the bottom of the page. Select 'Managing my account' as the topic and 'My account is limited' as the sub-topic, then send your message.

If your account shows an amount owing to us, you have to add money to ensure that the balance returns to zero. We reserve the right to recover the amount by legal means.

A copy of our User Agreement can be found by clicking 'Legal Agreements' at the bottom of any PayPal page. Our right to close your PayPal account, and the retention of money, are covered in our User Agreement under sections 10.2 and 10.3.

Thank you for using PayPal. We're sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.
-------------------------------------------
I also received this message on PayPal account as well
-------------------------------------------
You can't use PayPal anymore
At PayPal, we value a safer community for our customers to do business. We noticed activity in your account that's inconsistent with our User Agreement, and therefore we can no longer offer you PayPal services.

Any bank account or credit card details attached to your PayPal account can't be removed nor can they be used to create a new account. You can still log in and see your account information but you can't send or receive money. Any money in your balance will be held for 180 days, after which we'll send you an email with instructions on how to transfer your money.
---------------------------------------------
I appealed against their decision but received the followings
---------------------------------------------
We appreciate your interest in PayPal. Unfortunately, our decision to close your account is final.
PayPal reserves the right to close any account reported to be involved in possible fraudulent or high risk behaviour. In the event of a dispute, PayPal will seek to recover the funds from you by debiting your PayPal balance. If the funds from your PayPal balance are insufficient, PayPal reserves the right to collect your debt to PayPal by any other legal means.
If you have money in your PayPal balance, we will hold it for up to 180 days. After that period, we will email you with information on how to access your funds.
In order to protect the integrity of the PayPal service, we cannot disclose the specific criteria that we sometimes use to limit access to accounts.
For more information on reasons why we might limit access to accounts, please refer to the ‘Closing Accounts and Limiting Account Access’ section of our User Agreement. You can find the User Agreement for PayPal Service by clicking ‘Legal Agreements’ at the bottom of any PayPal page.
We regret any inconvenience this may cause. Sincerely,
PayPal Account Review Department
PayPal
-----------------------------------------------
After reading many posts on aspkin, I was quite like 50/50 and not reached to any decision what to do next or what to expect after 180 days, I thought leave this for 180 days and see if I can withdraw money then, but recently I have received an other message from PayPal on paypal message centre, which I was not expecting,
----------------------------------------------
We’re following up on your complaint regarding your experience using PayPal. We want to assure you that we take all complaints seriously and use what we learn to help improve the services we offer.
Our review of your PayPal account is now complete, and this is our final response. In these circumstances, the matter raised in your complaint is not accepted. We describe below what we’ve done to investigate your complaint.
Our understanding is that your complaint related to recent activity on your account. It appears that a PayPal team member helped you with your questions and so was able to provide a resolution. Our review of your account shows that your complaint has been addressed.
We value you as a customer and we’re satisfied that our actions in this case were correct, fair, and reasonable under the circumstances.
We trust that our decision brings this matter to a close. If you need any additional information relating to your PayPal account, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
If you are dissatisfied with our response to your complaint you have the right to refer your complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service, free of charge – but you must do so within six months of the date of this letter. If you do not refer your complaint in time, the Ombudsman will not have our permission to consider your complaint and so will only be able to do so in very limited circumstances. For example, if the Ombudsman believes that the delay was as a result of exceptional circumstances. The website of the Financial Ombudsman is available at: https://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/. For more information, please read about the Financial Ombudsman Service.
Alternatively you have the right to refer your complaint to the Commission de Surveillance du Secteur Financier (CSSF), free of charge – but you must do so within one year of the date you first complained to PayPal. The CSSF is the authority responsible for the prudential supervision of companies in the financial sector in Luxembourg. You can contact the CSSF at 283 Route d’Arlon, L-1150 Luxembourg.
You may obtain further information regarding the CSSF and how to contact them at: http://www.cssf.lu (for complaint specific information please refer to https://www.cssf.lu/en/customer-complaint/).
Yours sincerely, PayPal
--------------------------------------------------
Before writing the questions, I like to say, I have been selling intangible items with email delivery only, & I kind of guess what flags my account is, about 6 of my customers bought the same item in quantity 6 and 8 in that 24 hours slot and transaction was like up to 100$ in each transaction and there were 8 transactions. So I believe that is why PP limited temporarily with pending documentations. Otherwise all was good.

My questions
1. As per PP message on PP account "At PayPal, we value a safer community for our customers to do business. We noticed activity in your account that's inconsistent with our User Agreement, and therefore we can no longer offer you PayPal services". My account was closed due to inconsistency with User Agreements.
I know may be no one can say for definite, But How likely That PP will release my money after 180 Days, Because on some posts I have read incase of Violations of User Agreements, PP does not return the money even after 180 days. Although I have not violated but you never know.
2. After 180 days, will they ask set of documents again before they release funds,
3. In there most recent message they have asked me, If I am not happy with their decision then I can take it with Financial Ombudsman Service (in UK) and Commission de Surveillance du Secteur Financier (CSSF) in Luxembourg.
Is this worthwhile to lodge the complaint with these two organisations OR at least with 1st one as that is in UK (PP acc was in UK too). & what are the chances of winning with PP (I am thinking in the perspectives of PP acc was stealth as well as set of docs provided to PP). Has anyone gone through with this process about PP stealth? I have gone through with Financial Ombudsman Service couple of times for something else but with my real details and I always won.

This thread would be very beneficial for all those who are in same boot like me, Please strict to the topic,

Thank you for reading the long post but I tried to write everything so that you know everything

I appreciate your time.

slokor 01-23-2021 06:43 PM

Re: PP permanent Limited : Is this worth to fight

1. They always release the funds after 180 days. This of course doesn't mean there will be anything to release if they pull some trick and take those funds out of the acct using one of their excuses. It also doesn't mean that if those funds are released youll be able to withdraw them easily. For the most part though those are more rare occurrences and unless something out of the ordinary occurs you should be able to withdraw the funds to the attached bank account. If you do NOT have a bank account attached you WILL have a problem.
2. It is a possibility. Not common though (at least with US accts).
3. You lost before you ever do so cause you broke their ToS by signing up with false information (assuming this is a stealth acct).

agent006140 01-23-2021 06:58 PM

selling digital goods with a stealth account and having the same buyers buying in large quantity same day,trigger PAYPAL security alert.
since you have not violated PAYPAL AUP and if no buyer files chargebacks,you should gradually get your money back in 180 days

agent006140 01-23-2021 06:58 PM

dont waste y our time appealing with this outside agency,your account is stealth

bugmyday 01-23-2021 09:35 PM

ask your buyer to file dispute and pay you other way