USPS troubles - PP claim question... - Page 2 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 10-24-2009

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 84%

I want to point out that if you're shipping USPS to Canada, once the item leaves the US border you can track it, sometimes more accurately, by using the CanadaPost website - Canada Post - Mailing, Shipping, Marketing, Shopping, Sharing

And always always insure your items for full value! Even if it takes 60-90 days to get your money back, it's still your money.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MrGangitano For This Useful Post:
Lyda (10-24-2009)
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 10-24-2009
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 88%

I fully agree, when you a sending tracking to paypal, tell them to track it at canadapost. It is more accurate than usps.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Burning For This Useful Post:
Lyda (10-24-2009)
Old 10-24-2009

Longevity: 91%

How do you do this Yozalo? Don't you just input the tracking number and your only other option from the pull down menu is to select the shipping company?
You certanly don't write to PayPal a note each time telling them what to do and how to track your packages easier..Maybe PayPal Canada has other options?
Old 10-24-2009
Executive [VIP]

I am not sure but for paypal canada I have the option for putting a usps tracking number even though I am from canada. I am not sure if paypal usa have the option to put a canadapost tracking number.
Old 10-24-2009

I think NOT....
Old 10-24-2009
Vicvelcro

Longevity: 0%

Nice tip. Never thought of that. Thanks, guys.
Old 10-24-2009

I just checked.... Yes, at the bottom of Shipping Company pull down meny there is option "Other" and if you select there will be a window you can type in any shipping company you want! Yey, Lyda discovered America!
Old 10-24-2009
Executive [VIP]

In paypal canada they have the option for fedex, ups, dhl, canpar, usps, canadapost and some other shipping companies. They also have the "other" option.
Old 10-24-2009
Vicvelcro

So, I can use the drop-down and type "Camel" or "Pony Express" ?!?!?

Suh Weet!

Seriously though. I'm amazed I never noticed that before.
Old 10-24-2009

Vic, you are too funny!
Old 10-24-2009
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Any comments to answer's caseywan's posts about getting his funds back? Question been asked a couple of times.
Old 10-24-2009
Vicvelcro

Where's the thread? I'll have a look, see what I can contribute.

Nevermind.

[facepalm] (had too many tabs open and got jumbled up)

Dahhhhh. I'll get the ball...

Last edited by Vicvelcro; 10-24-2009 at 08:20 PM.
Old 10-24-2009
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts

Eddy, steady, steady.
Old 10-24-2009
Vicvelcro

I'm thinking that if the delivery failed twice, there is an issue that needs repair. Perhaps your buyer registered their account and made a typo in their own address causing constant misdelivery. Maybe some punk in the neighborhood is stealing mail. Other possibilities could be problematic. I'll be nice and not mention some of the things that could go wrong on the other end.

I'd guess that a third attempt has a strong chance of failure. This would mean that you've thrown away more of your inventory.

Consider minimizing your indemnity now. I'm only suggesting that you consider elements you know which we do not.

If you do ship again, take advantage of the Registered Mail option. Insure it and get Signature Confirmation if it is available for the destination location.

If you can achieve a successful delivery with PROOF, I would think your account could in fact be restored to good status.

Ask yourself (I don't want or expect you to reveal the answer to us) if there is something about your item which would be problematic passing through customs perhaps. If so, there's no point in re-shipping.

Maybe you can choose a different carrier with better delivery performance.

If you can determine the cause for the first two failures, you might be able to recover your goods AND show proof that the failure was not your fault. That would go a long way toward regaining good standing with PP. Slim chance of finding the goods and the cause. But who knows?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caseywan View Post
So I sell an item on eBay on August 14th, buyer pays for USPS Priority International and I ship it August 18th. 3 weeks later there's no tracking info whatsoever, so I re-ship his order again via USPS Priority International on September 15th. It is now over a month later and he still has neither packages and no tracking info for either.

The idiots at USPS say they can do nothing, so now I am out $260 worth of product, $22 in shipping, plus the buyer got his $130 back via Paypal dispute and my PP account is on hold!

If I ship him a 3rd package and it gets delivered, will I be able to give the info to PP to get my money back and my account off hold?
Old 10-25-2009
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 89%

What happens to me is that people that can't read english to well beyond the USA, cry about the charges and plus others that are scammers, both leave nasty feedbacks. I still sell to them cause it's 20% of my business. Lyda, I use priority mail and its great. I never have domestic shipping problems with USPS or the others for that matter.
Old 10-25-2009

yea, me too Hercules. So far, USPS was my best option each time I shipped package.
Old 10-25-2009
Executive [VIP]

There will always be one bad eggs out of the many thousands!
Old 10-26-2009
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 93%

Ok, so I shipped another product back out to the buyer, this time via Fedex International Ground which costed $18.50, only $8 more than USPS. So it should get there this time and I will update Paypal when it does get delivered and post an update here letting everybody know what Paypal did. Also, this time I shipped it with a different name and return address on the package (a name and return address which is also registered with my PP account).

At this point the buyer does not even want the product, but I don't care, I did my end and he knew the risks of buying international, so I want my money back. Hopefully I'll get some money back from USPS as well...

Last edited by Caseywan; 10-26-2009 at 11:18 AM.
Old 10-26-2009

Longevity: 90%

keep us posted
Old 10-26-2009

Longevity: 90%

don't mean to hijack this thread, but i got a similar problem.
i printed out the shipping lable (international priority to cananda). i requested usps pickup. postman picks it up. after more then 1 week when i check the tracking (actually customs lable number) i still see the usual message:

" The U.S. Postal Service was electronically notified by the shipper on October 14, 2009 to expect your package for mailing. This does not indicate receipt by the USPS or the actual mailing date. Delivery status information will be provided if / when available. Information, if available, is updated periodically throughout the day. Please check again later."

let me know what i should do.....i definitely know i shipped this item. should i send them a priority mail envelope with just a note and take it down to the post office myself to make sure the envelope gets scanned in?
i didn't use paypal, i used CCNOW.
Old 10-26-2009
Vicvelcro

Re #40: Good luck this time around. I'm interested in the outcome, if you remember to get back with me later. I'd appreciate it.

Re #FortySomething or Other:

Customs label number is not delivery tracking it only applies to item while in custody of customs, in case customs misplaces it in their own warehouse or something. PP will not officially accept the customs number as proof of anything, even if the number DOES get tracked to destination. You can put customs number in the blank on PP site, but later on, they may inform you that vertical urination relative to a strand of interwoven hemp will bring you more satisfaction than PP will provide. I can't say how other money processors deal with the same circumstance.

Delivery confirmation technically is not a tracking number. The USPS only guarantees that delivery tracking will be updated at the time of delivery. All the pit-stops in between are just luck. That's the official word.

To have true proof of delivery, you need to use Signature Confirmation or Registered Mail service. For non-domestic shipments, you cannot get SigConf by itself, you must obtain Registered Mail status for the package.

Package tracking is exactly that. Tracking. Delivery confirmation is exactly that. It is confirmation but not proof. Proof of delivery is exactly what it says it is. Each of these three things are separate. They are not the same. Matter of semantics, but technically and officially fact.

If you input the customs number and later there is a concern, even if you did get SigConf, then provide the proper number, your payment processor may get the wrong impression. They may think you are trying to pull a fast one. Get it right the first time, to avoid BS later. If you skimp on the shipping fees, it often bites you in the bum.

FerInstance: 1 pound package going to Canada properly sent=Registered and Insured with SigConf ~=$22.00 USD (this covers your butt)

Alternatively: Priority with Customs ~=$9.60 or 18.90 depending on how you misread the USPS info (leaves you wide open for being raped)

Hope that helps you out in the future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobody999 View Post
don't mean to hijack this thread, but i got a similar problem.
i printed out the shipping lable (international priority to cananda). i requested usps pickup. postman picks it up. after more then 1 week when i check the tracking (actually customs lable number) i still see the usual message:

" The U.S. Postal Service was electronically notified by the shipper on October 14, 2009 to expect your package for mailing. This does not indicate receipt by the USPS or the actual mailing date. Delivery status information will be provided if / when available. Information, if available, is updated periodically throughout the day. Please check again later."

let me know what i should do.....i definitely know i shipped this item. should i send them a priority mail envelope with just a note and take it down to the post office myself to make sure the envelope gets scanned in?
i didn't use paypal, i used CCNOW.

Last edited by Vicvelcro; 10-26-2009 at 08:16 PM.
Old 10-27-2009

I think all sellers should know this: USPS Priority international shipping does NOT provide tracking information outside of the U.S.. I have called USPS many many times and got this confirmed information from the 800 number and my local post office. That means even if your packages have been delivered, you won't be able to see it!! If you need to ship anything more than $100 via International mail, use USPS Express Mail!!!