Permanently Limited -> Account partially restored! Am i getting baited? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 04-29-2021

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 19%
Default Permanently Limited -> Account partially restored! Am i getting baited?

Hi, hope all is well.

To keep it short, My business paypal was permanently limited early last after paying off a small negative balance that the account had due to "high risk" .

A few weeks later i opened a new account in my family members name. The account was fine for a few weeks, then it also received a permanent limitation.
Quote:
"we decided to permanently limit your account as we’ve determined that this account is linked to one or more PayPal accounts that currently have unresolved issues"

Now on to recently.

A few days ago i contacted paypal under my family members account to ask why it is still limited, as the account it was linked to (Business account) was resolved in full, and that i had no idea why i would be penalized for their wrong doings. etc. etc.

Yesterday i receive an email from paypal stating:
Quote:
"We reviewed the information you provided for Reference ID -*********** and have restored some features in your account. As we require more information from you, we’ve still limited certain features on your account. You’ll need to provide the remaining information to regain full access to your account."
The permanent limitation notification message when i log in is no longer there and is replaced with "provide docs now". They are requesting a Photo ID and SSN Document.

Is this too good to be true? Is there a chance that they're trying to bait me into uploading documents to thoroughly ban my family member? I know this sounds crazy and m'm most likely over analyzing this, but i wouldn't be shocked since its paypal .

Let me know what you guys think. I appreciate the help.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 04-29-2021

Activity: 11%
Longevity: 41%
Default Re: Permanently Limited -> Account partially restored! Am i getting baited?

Provide what they want to get your account back. It really isn't as deep as you're making it out to be...
Old 04-29-2021
Threadstarter  

Default Re: Permanently Limited -> Account partially restored! Am i getting baited?

Quote:
Originally Posted by james_112233 View Post
Provide what they want to get your account back. It really isn't as deep as you're making it out to be...
Thought so. I guess i've become deranged after reading endless threads about permanent limitations over the last year. Ill upload docs and see what happens.
Old 04-29-2021
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,553 Times in 2,205 Posts
Activity: 55%
Longevity: 91%

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBGOAT12 View Post
Thought so. I guess i've become deranged after reading endless threads about permanent limitations over the last year. Ill upload docs and see what happens.
Yea, that's all you can do.
Just don't have a high expectation.
Old 04-30-2021
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Best of luck hope it works out
Old 05-05-2021
Threadstarter  

Account has been fully restored . Thanks to everyone on the forum, you guys have been great.

As for keeping this new account safe, i should be good with a new IP + browser, right? All account info is real and verified so im not worried about that, just the current IP i have has been used with the old banned business account.

Thanks again!
Old 05-06-2021
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Account has been fully restored . Thanks to everyone on the forum, you guys have been great.

As for keeping this new account safe, i should be good with a new IP + browser, right? All account info is real and verified so im not worried about that, just the current IP i have has been used with the old banned business account.

Thanks again!
Congrats are in order your understanding is good as well