Scam Buyer Dispute Help Needed? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 06-01-2021

Activity: 2%
Longevity: 21%
Default Scam Buyer Dispute Help Needed?

A buyer had previously opened a dispute on ebay reporting item has not been delivered and the case closed in my favour since I provided proof of the digital download being sent and working.

Now the scam buyer has decided to charge back with their bank on paypal as item is defective. Had this happened before and I lost my money because there is no seller protection on digital items for paypal. Do I take the loss because I don’t see anyway I can win the dispute especially since the buyer opened it with their bank. Any advice would be helpful. Thanks
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 06-01-2021
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,909 Times in 8,202 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%
Default Re: Scam Buyer Dispute Help Needed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gill789 View Post
A buyer had previously opened a dispute on ebay reporting item has not been delivered and the case closed in my favour since I provided proof of the digital download being sent and working.

Now the scam buyer has decided to charge back with their bank on paypal as item is defective. Had this happened before and I lost my money because there is no seller protection on digital items for paypal. Do I take the loss because I don’t see anyway I can win the dispute especially since the buyer opened it with their bank. Any advice would be helpful. Thanks
Chargebacks happen all the time - it's tough to find them off, whether digital or not. How much is the loss?
Old 06-01-2021
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 96%

Mine is a two fold question?

Can you afford a chargeback?

Secondly, why are you considering letting a jackass take your hard ended money?
Old 06-01-2021

Longevity: 26%

You'll lose the dispute. If you sell digitally delivered goods, the vast majority of which is illegal, it simply goes with the territory. Move on.
Old 06-01-2021
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank View Post
You'll lose the dispute. If you sell digitally delivered goods, the vast majority of which is illegal, it simply goes with the territory. Move on.
You only lose the money if the buyer opens a dispute with the bank, in other cases such as ebay there is no buyer protection for digital items so you win mostly every time. I lost $75USD but don’t see winning this even though I have proof since the bank is involved sadly.
Old 06-01-2021

Longevity: 26%

Quote:
You only lose the money if the buyer opens a dispute with the bank, in other cases such as ebay there is no buyer protection for digital items so you win mostly every time. I lost $75USD but don’t see winning this even though I have proof since the bank is involved sadly.
Yes there is unless you can proved physical delivery of the goods, not some email link or suchlike. I've made paypal claims on digital goods before and got my refund, it's ebay who don't provide protection to the buyer.
Old 06-01-2021
Threadstarter  

Do you think it's worth reporting the buyer on eBay and getting a refund on the fees, I got charged an additional $15usd on paypal because the buyer opened the dispute through the bank.
Old 06-02-2021

Longevity: 31%

Quote:

For disputes issued with the bank with reason not as described (or the like). You haven't seller protection. Refund them and take the loss. No need to harm the account.