eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   PayPal Talk (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/)
-   -   Paypal Classaction Lawsuit (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/146556-paypal-classaction-lawsuit.html)

Trimph 01-15-2022 06:34 PM

Paypal Classaction Lawsuit

Stealing small people' money
It is getting traction
https://finance.yahoo.com/news/paypa...073128563.html

slokor 01-15-2022 06:42 PM

Re: Paypal Classaction Lawsuit

Good read.
Certainly hope it goes somewhere.

agent006140 01-15-2022 11:28 PM

poker game??thats gambling??

rsot 01-16-2022 05:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by agent006140 (Post 1182024)
poker game??thats gambling??

That it is agent

phaz0rz 01-16-2022 10:16 AM

Tons of people here who would probably be willing to join this.

It's a shame so many people think that just because Paypals can hold a balance, they are just as safe as a bank. :noidea:

Still though I bet for each of the 3 examples in that article, Paypal could produce legaleze explanations to justify the seizures.

rsot 01-17-2022 04:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phaz0rz (Post 1182082)

It's a shame so many people think that just because Paypals can hold a balance, they are just as safe as a bank. :noidea:

Still though I bet for each of the 3 examples in that article, Paypal could produce legaleze explanations to justify the seizures.

Agreed - the accountability and clarity is lacking

Wesker 01-17-2022 09:35 AM

Quote:

Holding the balance is one thing but PayPal is seizing the funds now and draining accounts. That's the basis of the lawsuit.

Wesker 01-17-2022 09:47 AM

Quote:

I'm sure PayPal could produce legal reasons to take anyones funds in any of their accounts. Too many refunds being issued, fine and seize them. Too many suspicious payments being sent out, fine and seize them. Too many orders from one clothing company, fine and seize them.

agent006140 01-17-2022 10:42 AM

if Paypal is seizing the fund to protect itself from lawsuits,is there a statue of limitation?
Its AUP policy violation list is broad from ponzi scheme to illegal,counterfeit items,some may never cause any damage?

SaiJin 01-17-2022 11:50 AM

Paypal is like cops.... when they smell money, they'll pull a "Civil asset forfeiture"

it's how they've always been for over a decade, this is why the forum is formed

phaz0rz 01-17-2022 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wesker (Post 1182165)
I'm sure PayPal could produce legal reasons to take anyones funds in any of their accounts. Too many refunds being issued, fine and seize them. Too many suspicious payments being sent out, fine and seize them. Too many orders from one clothing company, fine and seize them.

Nah, that's not what I meant. Not just Paypal arbitrarily saying they don't like an account's activity and seizing funds. I mean for each of the 3 examples in the article, Paypal can most likely point out how the user violated the the terms that they accepted when they made their account. Otherwise Paypal, a publicly traded fortune 500 company, wouldn't be doing this. People always just scroll to the bottom of the legal agreement page and click "I accept" without actually understanding the terms and conditions they are agreeing to. Then they get all mad and try to sue Paypal when Paypal does exactly what Paypal says they will do in cases like this.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wesker (Post 1182165)
Holding the balance is one thing but PayPal is seizing the funds now and draining accounts. That's the basis of the lawsuit.

I'm well aware of what the lawsuit is about but my point was that if people didn't treat Paypal accounts like bank accounts, there wouldn't be large sums for Paypal to seize in the first place. It's long standing gospel around here to cash out frequently and to never store more in a Paypal account than you can afford to lose.

slokor 01-17-2022 02:55 PM

Im sure plenty here would lvoe to get in on this but unfortunately for most that would be impossible since the accts are stealth accts and not on their name. They would have no rights since the accts were created with false information thus breaking paypal's ToS from the get go. No way for them to prove they are the owners of those funds.

Wesker 01-17-2022 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by agent006140 (Post 1182168)
if Paypal is seizing the fund to protect itself from lawsuits,is there a statue of limitation?
Its AUP policy violation list is broad from ponzi scheme to illegal,counterfeit items,some may never cause any damage?

That's the issue here. A good % of the people are really in gray territory. Selling legit services or gray services that paypal can use their broad AUP policy to take action and seize their funds. It's one thing if you're selling illegal firearms but another if you're selling yoga pants at a 15% discount and paypal seizes your funds.

Wesker 01-17-2022 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phaz0rz (Post 1182182)
Nah, that's not what I meant. Not just Paypal arbitrarily saying they don't like an account's activity and seizing funds. I mean for each of the 3 examples in the article, Paypal can most likely point out how the user violated the the terms that they accepted when they made their account. Otherwise Paypal, a publicly traded fortune 500 company, wouldn't be doing this. People always just scroll to the bottom of the legal agreement page and click "I accept" without actually understanding the terms and conditions they are agreeing to. Then they get all mad and try to sue Paypal when Paypal does exactly what Paypal says they will do in cases like this.

I'm well aware of what the lawsuit is about but my point was that if people didn't treat Paypal accounts like bank accounts, there wouldn't be large sums for Paypal to seize in the first place. It's long standing gospel around here to cash out frequently and to never store more in a Paypal account than you can afford to lose.

I was unaware myself at the time paypal seized my funds back in Q4 2019 that I would be at risk here. I am aware not that it's not safe to really store funds anywhere.

SaiJin 01-17-2022 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wesker (Post 1182207)
I was unaware myself at the time paypal seized my funds back in Q4 2019 that I would be at risk here. I am aware not that it's not safe to really store funds anywhere.

Right, the safest thing to do was always to withdraw your funds daily.

It's best to at least have the money in your bank account