eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   PayPal Talk (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/)
-   -   Shipping using Stealth paypal account (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/30507-shipping-using-stealth-paypal-account.html)

sergfro 04-19-2011 10:22 AM

Shipping using Stealth paypal account

Hello,
I was wondering if I am going to use paypals usps shipping that we can use on paypals site to ship our products will the post office take my package if the "sender" address is out of state?

for example since my paypal stealth account has an address from New York and I live in Texas when I go to print out the shipping labels on paypal it will be showing my stealth account New York address but when I go to drop off the packages at my local post office in TX will they still accept the package considering the sender address is a different state?

KingRay 04-19-2011 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sergfro (Post 221039)
Hello,
I was wondering if I am going to use paypals usps shipping that we can use on paypals site to ship our products will the post office take my package if the "sender" address is out of state?

for example since my paypal stealth account has an address from New York and I live in Texas when I go to print out the shipping labels on paypal it will be showing my stealth account New York address but when I go to drop off the packages at my local post office in TX will they still accept the package considering the sender address is a different state?

Wont your postage be way off if you do anything like this? I think you are going to have to use a different shipping method like stamps.com or just the USPS click and ship site to ship instead of paypal.

bchrist430 04-19-2011 12:46 PM

i dont think your postage will be off if your using usps. UPS will be different based off location you ship from. Also i print from ebay and you can cover the return address with your real address (using mailing labels) incase they want to return or non-delivery of an item. it will come back to your address not the stealth

KingRay 04-19-2011 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bchrist430 (Post 221097)
i dont think your postage will be off if your using usps. UPS will be different based off location you ship from. Also i print from ebay and you can cover the return address with your real address (using mailing labels) incase they want to return or non-delivery of an item. it will come back to your address not the stealth

I would NOT change the stealth address to your real address in the Paypal/USPS shipping area where it says "edit address". I am not pos but I think that got me linked at one time.

You can put what you want in the click and ship pages since that is all USPS but any link where you use the Paypal/USPS page from ebay or just on a paypal payment I wouldnt take the chance.

As for shipping prices, Yes it will be different if say you are in Kansas and put TX as the return address on your shipping, you will pay shipping rates from TX to your destination. That rate will be different than the rate would be from kansas. That is something that will get caught at the counter if you take them. If not there will get caught at the delivery end and the irate buy will be charged a difference of postage. That will lead to a pissed off buyer for sure. I worked there for many and their machines catch that type of thing. PO shipping is something I do know for sure.

Now some people might think they can get away with it if the PO just picks them up as well but there is a couple things that might happen there as well. The USPS person that picks them Up is trained to look for mistakes and things like that 1st off and 2nd, they will probably get caught up later as said above.

The only problem really is IF the postage is LOWER than what it should be. If its flat rate or something like that or the shipping is higher when you paid it then you are fine. Its the time when it works the other way around. Plus the potential fraudulent activity that the USPS driver is taught to look for.

Just my 2 cents that you should really think about since this is my area of expertise so to say. lol.. Wish I was an expert as something better than usps packaging of all things right???..

KingRay 04-19-2011 05:31 PM

You would think that long of a post and I would cover your whole issue.

You should just put a notice in each package saying that your return processing location is located at "this address" and maybe have something they can just cutout and stick to a package IF they need it.

OR if you dont want to do that just put on the note that seller must be contacted for detailed information prior to any returns. Then give them the details.

I always get an email from a buyer that wants to return something when they are not happy. 9 times out of 10 I can talk them into keeping it with a partial refund or even talk them into selling it themselves to save return shipping money. lol. it works better than you would think.

unkown5454 04-20-2011 03:11 AM

You can change your Return Address in Pa yP al to whatever location you want...

Sandy D 04-20-2011 06:51 AM

There is a spot on the label section SHIPPED FROM:

You put the "shipped from" zip code in that section.

KingRay 04-20-2011 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sandy D (Post 221365)
There is a spot on the label section SHIPPED FROM:

You put the "shipped from" zip code in that section.

Yes but that will change the postage amount as well. I'm just telling you what I know and what the PO employees are looking for when they look for fraudulent activity,(if you are doing it or not that is something that flags them for fraudulent activity)

Be my guest. by all means its your account.

Sandy D 04-20-2011 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KingRay (Post 221494)
Yes but that will change the postage amount as well. I'm just telling you what I know and what the PO employees are looking for when they look for fraudulent activity,(if you are doing it or not that is something that flags them for fraudulent activity)

Be my guest. by all means its your account.

Why be such a smart ass?

I am trying to help the OP as it is evident your post did not help them but then you are the expert as you say.

Have a great day!!!

OP-

Here is something else I do.

I ask the clerk before I hand them a box I tell them on an on my way through your town to go see my father who lives ( in the next town ) and wondered if it is ok if I drop these off as I go check on him a few times a week and this is easy for me to just drop them off here. In ALL cases they tell me we will be more then happy to take them and in ALL cases after a few boxes are dropped off they tell me to make sure I change the shipped from zip. So far, no problems at all.

I have a stealth 2 states away and have no problems with shipping. I do not use it all of the time but I use the stealth address and zip code when I ship the boxes. I have had only one customer question it and all I told them is I am on vacation and dropped the box off on my way to my vacation location.

Many ways around this but maybe the "expert" will destroy all of our ideas to help you OP.

Sandy :pop2:

KingRay 04-20-2011 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sandy D (Post 221560)
Why be such a smart ass?

I am trying to help the OP as it is evident your post did not help them but then you are the expert as you say.

Have a great day!!!

OP-

Here is something else I do.

I ask the clerk before I hand them a box I tell them on an on my way through your town to go see my father who lives ( in the next town ) and wondered if it is ok if I drop these off as I go check on him a few times a week and this is easy for me to just drop them off here. In ALL cases they tell me we will be more then happy to take them and in ALL cases after a few boxes are dropped off they tell me to make sure I change the shipped from zip. So far, no problems at all.

I have a stealth 2 states away and have no problems with shipping. I do not use it all of the time but I use the stealth address and zip code when I ship the boxes. I have had only one customer question it and all I told them is I am on vacation and dropped the box off on my way to my vacation location.

Many ways around this but maybe the "expert" will destroy all of our ideas to help you OP.

Sandy :pop2:

Good for you. No sense in arguing with you on this. The poster can decide on their own. Good luck with that...

arpichelago 04-21-2011 02:36 AM

You can also use Ebay shipping and hit print screen... then just match the font.
For a while, thats the only way I could do it, and I had to edit out an hourglass stuck on the image :rolleyes:

biggunn 04-23-2011 12:57 AM

Both of you (KingRay and Sandy) have weak post counts.

Quote:

Originally Posted by KingRay (Post 221571)
Good for you. No sense in arguing with you on this. The poster can decide on their own. Good luck with that...

KingRay 04-23-2011 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by biggunn (Post 222282)
Both of you (KingRay and Sandy) have weak post counts.

Stick to the topic or go somewhere else.

biggunn 04-25-2011 01:22 AM

You too :focus:

Imback2010 04-25-2011 02:17 AM

Just change the Return address nicely in MS PAINT... SOOO easy

99% of the time nobody will even notice.... I have been doing it for the past 2 years

shhhhhh

KingRay 04-25-2011 02:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Imback2010 (Post 222745)
Just change the Return address nicely in MS PAINT... SOOO easy

99% of the time nobody will even notice.... I have been doing it for the past 2 years

shhhhhh

That would be the way to go. If you others would have read my post closely I said that is what the PO employees are trained to look for. Not the only thing but one of the many things they are told to report.. Like this poster said, She does it with MSpaint and it works fine. do that. Thanks

arpichelago 04-25-2011 03:29 AM

I would like to know about receiving items?
If you enter your old address into Ebay and pay with paypal will it get linked?

unkown5454 04-25-2011 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arpichelago (Post 222754)
I would like to know about receiving items?
If you enter your old address into Ebay and pay with paypal will it get linked?

Yes. Do not do this.

bchrist430 04-25-2011 05:29 PM

I had mailing labels printed (vista print---$8.00)with real address and put that on the ebay/paypal label to cover the stealth address thats on there. also I put in listing to email before they can return any items

tmansback 04-29-2011 08:24 PM

It hasn't been an issue for me. Except I have found that a couple of times the post office got confused. I shipped one item to San Francisco before. The stealth account had a NY address. It was flat rate priority so didn't matter where it was shipping from. I dropped it off in mailbox in Seattle. Instead of it going directly to San Francisco it jumped on a plan to New York. On the tracking it would even say mi****. After a day it was redirected back to San Francisco.

I guess the issue becomes how comfortable you are if you don't change it and for whatever reason if the item becomes undeliverable. I have a few mailboxes that I use just for return addresses.

UnderBites08 03-28-2012 10:27 AM

I just went to ups store and ship the item with my real address. Will eBay or pay pal see this and flag my account?

rsot 03-28-2012 10:36 AM

How would eb/pp see this unless 1) you entered the address on their site or 2) the buyer says "Wait a min - address seems weird...let me report?"....think about it =)