Refuse to give Social and Paypal says that's okay we'll give you an alternative????? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe
     

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!


Go Back   Home > Marketplace Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 05-01-2011
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 171
Thanks: 439
Thanked 18 Times in 15 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 70%
iTrader: (2)
Default Refuse to give Social and Paypal says that's okay we'll give you an alternative?????

"PayPal SSN"

So I told Paypal that I didn't feel comfortable giving my Social Security Number to validate info and this is what they said.



Hello, XXXXX My name is XXXXX from PayPal Resolutions.

I understand that you wanted to remove the limitations that you have on
file. You don't have to worry about anything. I would be happy to assist
you.

Since you have mentioned that you cannot provide your SSN, what I
suggest is for you to follow the other steps to lift the limitations so
that once we see that you are done with the other steps we would be able
to give you an alternate step instead of your SSN.

Here’s how to remove a limitation on your account:

1. Log in to your PayPal account.
2. Click “Resolution Center.”
3. Look for the “Steps to Remove Limitation” list.
4. Click “Resolve,” then follow the steps to remove the account
limitation.

I can assure you that once you follow the steps that I provided you
would be able to remove the limitations on your account.

We are always happy to hear from our PayPal members. We take pride in
our service, and it is a pleasure for us to know that you are a
satisfied PayPal customer. We hope you’ll tell your friends about our
service.


******Should I believe them or give this account up*******

paypal social security number

Last edited by aspkin; 05-17-2018 at 12:26 AM.
Reply With Quote
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

  #2  
Old 05-01-2011
Red X
 
Posts: n/a
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 0%
Default

Try it, and see what happens. I've never heard of them stating this before. Keep us updated!
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 05-01-2011
cherrqell's Avatar
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 465
Thanks: 84
Thanked 93 Times in 63 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 73%
iTrader: (0)
Default

i dont think this will fly in terms of IRS reporting regulations. At some point after, or before 20k/200transactions, you will have to provide SSn, or EIN-TIN. The limitation probably has to do with identity, account validation/verification, and not IRS reporting/1099 issue.

Keep us posted.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to cherrqell For This Useful Post:
madmuppet303 (05-17-2011)
  #4  
Old 05-01-2011
jeffweico's Avatar
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 7,219
Thanks: 895
Thanked 4,061 Times in 2,168 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 75%
iTrader: (12)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherrqell View Post
i dont think this will fly in terms of IRS reporting regulations. At some point after, or before 20k/200transactions, you will have to provide SSn, or EIN-TIN. The limitation probably has to do with identity, account validation/verification, and not IRS reporting/1099 issue.

Keep us posted.
It won't satisfy the IRS. The law says they have to get your SSN/EIN for reporting purposed OR withhold 30% of your gross sales. Somehow, I don't see PayPal doing that - it would be easier for them to close the account.

But this is not an issue if the OP does not trigger the reporting requirements.

It would be interesting to know what the "alternative" they mentioned is.

Probably DNA samples extracted from deep within. I read that PayPal recently signed a contract with the aliens that kidnap earthlings... You know, the ones that use the anal probes...

Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jeffweico For This Useful Post:
madmuppet303 (05-17-2011), Sell4more2 (05-02-2011)
  #5  
Old 05-02-2011
rsot's Avatar
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 59,161
Thanks: 4,668
Thanked 7,192 Times in 6,556 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 77%
iTrader: (7)
Default

The aliens are coming for you jeffweico - your tin foil hat does nothing...NOTHING!
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 05-15-2011
fired's Avatar
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 18
Thanks: 1
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 66%
iTrader: (0)
Default

fYI
U dont have to give paypal SS
They are not legally a bank so they cant require SS. This is whu they can get away with holdin ur $ and ....rhey can however ask u for permisson
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to fired For This Useful Post:
madmuppet303 (05-17-2011)
  #7  
Old 05-15-2011
KingRay's Avatar
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 1,484
Thanks: 173
Thanked 263 Times in 203 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 88%
iTrader: (0)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmuppet303 View Post
So I told Paypal that I didn't feel comfortable giving my Social Security Number to validate info and this is what they said.



Hello, XXXXX My name is XXXXX from PayPal Resolutions.

I understand that you wanted to remove the limitations that you have on
file. You don't have to worry about anything. I would be happy to assist
you.

Since you have mentioned that you cannot provide your SSN, what I
suggest is for you to follow the other steps to lift the limitations so
that once we see that you are done with the other steps we would be able
to give you an alternate step instead of your SSN.

Here’s how to remove a limitation on your account:

1. Log in to your PayPal account.
2. Click “Resolution Center.”
3. Look for the “Steps to Remove Limitation” list.
4. Click “Resolve,” then follow the steps to remove the account
limitation.

I can assure you that once you follow the steps that I provided you
would be able to remove the limitations on your account.

We are always happy to hear from our PayPal members. We take pride in
our service, and it is a pleasure for us to know that you are a
satisfied PayPal customer. We hope you’ll tell your friends about our
service.


******Should I believe them or give this account up*******
Has that not always been how they deal with this??

You just have to do 2 of 3 steps to verify?? that is how it was a year or so ago. YOu do the 2 other things and you are golden. UNTIL of course you get close to the 20k then what the other posters say is correct. you will have to provide either a ssn or ein.
__________________
KingRay
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to KingRay For This Useful Post:
madmuppet303 (05-17-2011)
  #8  
Old 03-27-2015
Kajunrook's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 1,217
Thanks: 11
Thanked 145 Times in 119 Posts
Activity: 46%
Longevity: 37%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: Refuse to give Social and Paypal says that's okay we'll give you an alternative??

I got an email from Paypal and my sales are only $1300? Why would they ask for that now.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 03-27-2015
MM78's Avatar
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 14,134
Thanks: 1,107
Thanked 4,821 Times in 3,332 Posts
Activity: 2%
Longevity: 71%
iTrader: (4)
Default Re: Refuse to give Social and Paypal says that's okay we'll give you an alternative??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kajunrook View Post
I got an email from Paypal and my sales are only $1300? Why would they ask for that now.
Paypal calculates on projected sales, so if your selling on average $2,500+ then to them you will hit the 200/$20,000 limit soon.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 03-27-2015
Speeder33's Avatar
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 1,979
Thanks: 256
Thanked 438 Times in 316 Posts
Activity: 34%
Longevity: 67%
iTrader: (43)
Default Re: Refuse to give Social and Paypal says that's okay we'll give you an alternative??

Quote:
Originally Posted by MM78 View Post
Paypal calculates on projected sales, so if your selling on average $2,500+ then to them you will hit the 200/$20,000 limit soon.
It is calculated on projected selling, but if he only sold $1300 this year, then its ridiculous for them to ask.
__________________
USA Premium Ebay Accounts Ultra High Limits, With Sales
Feedback + Sales + Aged Accounts in Stock
Click Here for a Premium IP address
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 03-27-2015
jeffweico's Avatar
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 7,219
Thanks: 895
Thanked 4,061 Times in 2,168 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 75%
iTrader: (12)
Default Re: Refuse to give Social and Paypal says that's okay we'll give you an alternative??

Did they tell you WHY they want the SSN? Did the email specifically say it was for tax purposes? Because it seems to me that the more likely scenario is that they want to verify your identity.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 03-27-2015
GreenBean's Avatar
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 42,042
Thanks: 5,509
Thanked 9,024 Times in 7,037 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 95%
iTrader: (6)
Default Re: Refuse to give Social and Paypal says that's okay we'll give you an alternative??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kajunrook View Post
I got an email from Paypal and my sales are only $1300? Why would they ask for that now.
Read over the forum & quickly especially the Paypal forum.


paypal has the right to seek info when they project your sales will reach the threshold of 200 items & $20,000.

You need to look at your options here and quickly.

However if there are other issues with the account, then ID can be needed too.

Anything happening that you know? Share with us to ensure your advice is timely, please.

Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 04-15-2015
Subscribed [VIP]
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 110
Thanks: 60
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 47%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: Refuse to give Social and Paypal says that's okay we'll give you an alternative??

Did you send to them? What's happened then?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kajunrook View Post
I got an email from Paypal and my sales are only $1300? Why would they ask for that now.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 04-15-2015
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 2,656
Thanks: 25
Thanked 401 Times in 337 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 73%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: Refuse to give Social and Paypal says that's okay we'll give you an alternative??

why is the thread still going when its from 2011...
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 04-15-2015
GreenBean's Avatar
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 42,042
Thanks: 5,509
Thanked 9,024 Times in 7,037 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 95%
iTrader: (6)
Default Re: Refuse to give Social and Paypal says that's okay we'll give you an alternative??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamefreak View Post
why is the thread still going when its from 2011...
It got bumped.

It's not always so bright though to have this happen.....

__________________
Ever look at someone and think “WhyTF has no one hit you with a shovel yet?
Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
DBA or LLC How limitation works ....What to give paypal when using a DBA dchef2777 Paypal Limited 1 03-09-2011 01:27 AM
paypal limited do I have to give them exactly what they are asking? ILovePaypalNOT Paypal Limited 0 10-12-2009 10:10 AM
Getting buyer to give up..is it possible? and will paypal take my money? ebay hater Australia eBay & Paypal 2 09-29-2009 04:47 AM
eBay Launches 'eBay Give Good Green' Social Media Campaign eBayNews eBay News 0 09-03-2009 08:20 AM
Do we eventually have to give SSN to PayPal? keceli eBay Suspensions 2 01-06-2008 03:32 AM


Aspkin Group

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:57 PM.


Stop the guessing games and learn how you can quickly and easily get back on eBay today!
Read the best selling step-by-step eBay Suspension guide eBay Stealth!
Amazon Suspension? Read Amazon Ghost to get back on Amazon!
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Ad Management by RedTyger
no new posts