Newbie's first post - Need some wisdom for this puzzling situation - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 05-11-2011

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 75%
Default Newbie's first post - Need some wisdom for this puzzling situation

I made it about a year before two negative feedback ratings in one week shut down my 980+ positive eBay account. The info on this site is invaluable, I wish I would have studied up months ago.

Here's the sitch:

I have a Business Verified (SSN, Addresses, Phone #s, EIN, etc.) PayPal account with a debit card and everything that was linked to my eBay account. But here's the kicker: IT'S STILL UNLIMITED. It's free and clear right now, I can transfer unlimited funds to and from other accounts and withdraw via the debit card.

Before I knew better, I even used this account to accept payment from a friend's eBay account after the final suspension of mine. Yet, my PayPal account AND my friend's eBay account remain untouched even though my final suspension was well over two weeks ago. I even used this account to channel funds to my bank from the friend's account.

Did they just miss it? Is it because the PayPal account is in my company name (even though my real name is listed as a contact)?

I'm starting to suspect that eBay and PayPal don't communicate with each other as freely as I originally suspected. It seems that there's one group of douchebags that scrutinize the eBay accounts, and a separate group of douchebags that do the same to PayPal accounts.

Right now, I'm on eBay's ****list. But PayPal doesn't seem to be bothering me at all. Is it because this account is ultra-verified and there's nothing else they can ask me to provide? Do I write off this account, or will it ever be safe to use again?

Any thoughts, comments, advice would be much appreciated.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 05-18-2011

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 78%

Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeGill View Post
I have a Business Verified (SSN, Addresses, Phone #s, EIN, etc.) PP account with a debit card and everything that was linked to my eBay account. But here's the kicker: IT'S STILL UNLIMITED. It's free and clear right now, I can transfer unlimited funds to and from other accounts and withdraw via the debit card.
Feel free to use it to send invoices to clients outside of eB@y, but do not ever link it to another eB@y account again or it'll be shut down and its just not worth it at all.

Quote:
Before I knew better, I even used this account to accept payment from a friend's eB*y account after the final suspension of mine. Yet, my P*yPal account AND my friend's eB*y account remain untouched even though my final suspension was well over two weeks ago. I even used this account to channel funds to my bank from the friend's account.
You probably have what I call a "loose linkage." If you sold 100 gizmos a week and all of a sudden your friends account starts selling 100 gizmos a week.... eB@y will catch on sooner or later. I have had a eB rep tell me over the phone that the accounts were permanently linked because I showed a "financial link" to a banned acct where I did the same thing

Quote:
Did they just miss it? Is it because the P**Pal account is in my company name (even though my real name is listed as a contact)?
If they missed it, it's probably just temporary. If you give them a reason to dig, they'll find it. You're better off just walking away.

Quote:
I'm starting to suspect that eBay and P**Pal don't communicate with each other as freely as I originally suspected. It seems that there's one group of douchebags that scrutinize the eB**y accounts, and a separate group of douchebags that do the same to P**Pal accounts.

I <3 this paragraph.

Quote:
Right now, I'm on eBxxxy's ****list. But PayPal doesn't seem to be bothering me at all. Is it because this account is ultra-verified and there's nothing else they can ask me to provide? Do I write off this account, or will it ever be safe to use again?
Write off the account for anything having to do with eB ever. Other than that it's good to go until you get the 180.

Note: do not use eB*y and PP's real names in your posts. This is because people of this forum do not want their posts searchable on google when you google those names.
The Following User Says Thank You to Omgoozle For This Useful Post:
JakeGill (05-19-2011)