Can Other people/Companies see you SS# or request PayPal to give it to them? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe
     

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!


Go Back   Home > Marketplace Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 09-07-2012
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 9
Thanks: 2
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 56%
iTrader: (0)
Default Can Other people/Companies see you SS# or request PayPal to give it to them?

Hi everyone,

I just want to say that this Forum is awesome. I dont know how i didnt come across it before. Ive been doing research here for over a week and its been very helpful so I just wan o thank everybody who contributed to making this forum the way it is. THANKS'

BUT NOW THE REAL QUESTION:

Lets say you sell counterfeit stuff on ebay and a law firm happens to buy it and blah blah they want to sue you. lets say that they can see the name on your paypal account but its a BS name but the paypal is verified with your real SS#. Can those lawfirms/ companies.. WHOEVER except for FEDs obviously see your SS# or can they request to see it from PayPal. I am under the impression that a third party can not see this info and it is illegal for Paypal to disclose that info with anyone else without your persmission.

Does anyone know anything about this or have any idea. I was not able to come across this in the forum.

Thank you guys in advance
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

  #2  
Old 09-07-2012
slim jim's Avatar
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 1,790
Thanks: 376
Thanked 440 Times in 349 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 66%
iTrader: (0)
Default

i suggest you hire a lawyer. any information can be found with a court order
  #3  
Old 09-07-2012
slapped's Avatar
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 3,341
Thanks: 389
Thanked 1,398 Times in 866 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 75%
iTrader: (4)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by iisales21 View Post
Hi everyone,

I just want to say that this Forum is awesome. I dont know how i didnt come across it before. Ive been doing research here for over a week and its been very helpful so I just wan o thank everybody who contributed to making this forum the way it is. THANKS'

BUT NOW THE REAL QUESTION:

Lets say you sell counterfeit stuff on ebay and a law firm happens to buy it and blah blah they want to sue you. lets say that they can see the name on your paypal account but its a BS name but the paypal is verified with your real SS#. Can those lawfirms/ companies.. WHOEVER except for FEDs obviously see your SS# or can they request to see it from PayPal. I am under the impression that a third party can not see this info and it is illegal for Paypal to disclose that info with anyone else without your persmission.

Does anyone know anything about this or have any idea. I was not able to come across this in the forum.

Thank you guys in advance

If they REALLY want to they can,,,Remember, Paypal has your banking information, your bank has YOUR Information, ANY Half ass investigator armed with an easily obtainable court order Ordering Paypal and your bank to disclose all their information can find you
__________________
The 3 Keys to Success are:,,,,Research, Research, and More Research,,,,,
  #4  
Old 09-07-2012
MM78's Avatar
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 14,134
Thanks: 1,107
Thanked 4,821 Times in 3,332 Posts
Activity: 2%
Longevity: 71%
iTrader: (4)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by slim jim View Post
i suggest you hire a lawyer. any information can be found with a court order
I second that motion. You need a Lawyer and you best stop selling foo-foo's.
  #5  
Old 09-07-2012
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 43
Thanks: 2
Thanked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 59%
iTrader: (0)
Default

I'm pretty sure Paypal will disclose that information as long as that person is a real law enforcement & they state its a federal matter
  #6  
Old 09-07-2012
Junior Member
Threadstarter  
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 9
Thanks: 2
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 56%
iTrader: (0)
Default

This is all hypothetical.

Law enforcement would not be involved in something like this unless their is hundreds of thousands of dollars being involved. The main concern is the company that you may or may not be counterfeiting has law firms that randomly buy items from ebay and amazon listings and if they find that its ⊗⊗⊗⊗ they send you a notice to stop selling them,, warning blah... if its ⊗⊗⊗⊗ info they cant do shiiit. But the question is are they allowed to request your SS# because a civil order is not enough for paypal to disclose this info. Only if it is a criminal issue in which case the FEDs will get you if they really want to.
  #7  
Old 09-07-2012
MM78's Avatar
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 14,134
Thanks: 1,107
Thanked 4,821 Times in 3,332 Posts
Activity: 2%
Longevity: 71%
iTrader: (4)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by iisales21 View Post
This is all hypothetical.

Law enforcement would not be involved in something like this unless their is hundreds of thousands of dollars being involved. The main concern is the company that you may or may not be counterfeiting has law firms that randomly buy items from ebay and amazon listings and if they find that its ⊗⊗⊗⊗ they send you a notice to stop selling them,, warning blah... if its ⊗⊗⊗⊗ info they cant do shiiit. But the question is are they allowed to request your SS# because a civil order is not enough for paypal to disclose this info. Only if it is a criminal issue in which case the FEDs will get you if they really want to.
Of course this is all Hypothetical. We don't know how much you have sold, we don't know what you sold. If a company feels you are worth them going after you...They Will!

We are not Lawyers, you are not a Lawyer...We don't work for the VERO nor do you...so with that in mind we don't know what they will do until it happens.
  #8  
Old 09-07-2012
slim jim's Avatar
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 1,790
Thanks: 376
Thanked 440 Times in 349 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 66%
iTrader: (0)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by iisales21 View Post
This is all hypothetical.

Law enforcement would not be involved in something like this unless their is hundreds of thousands of dollars being involved. The main concern is the company that you may or may not be counterfeiting has law firms that randomly buy items from ebay and amazon listings and if they find that its ⊗⊗⊗⊗ they send you a notice to stop selling them,, warning blah... if its ⊗⊗⊗⊗ info they cant do shiiit. But the question is are they allowed to request your SS# because a civil order is not enough for paypal to disclose this info. Only if it is a criminal issue in which case the FEDs will get you if they really want to.
they don't just need your ss# to come after you. they can get a court order and trace your ip. come dude this is 2012, if they want to get you they will. as far as it taking hundreds of thousands of dollars for them to come after you, you are very mistaken. people have gone down for much less than you would think. they take down the small fish to get to the big fish. stop watching movies
  #9  
Old 09-07-2012
GreenBean's Avatar
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 42,042
Thanks: 5,509
Thanked 9,024 Times in 7,037 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 95%
iTrader: (6)
Default

Nothing is hypothetical in what you are saying.

You are trolling to get info about how to get away with selling your foo-foo items.

You have a shed-load of wrong info too.

Reply is simple: sell them, you break the law. ANY interested party will come after you.

Go away and stop treating us like idiots. Forum was not designed for this
The Following User Says Thank You to GreenBean For This Useful Post:
666never777 (09-09-2012)
Closed Thread



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Refuse to give Social and Paypal says that's okay we'll give you an alternative????? madmuppet303 PayPal Talk 14 04-15-2015 01:37 AM
Limited Companies & Paypal Mprice3024 Subscriber Discussions 14 12-24-2011 08:41 AM
Vumber numbers and other companies give this error on ebay phone verification... FandangoKango Phone Number Verification 4 06-24-2011 07:06 PM
List of PayPal 3rd party companies ar_123 PayPal Talk 1 09-07-2010 10:35 AM
What kinds of CC companies can you use to pay for something on paypal? Ballsack PayPal Talk 1 08-19-2007 10:30 AM


Aspkin Group

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:39 PM.


Stop the guessing games and learn how you can quickly and easily get back on eBay today!
Read the best selling step-by-step eBay Suspension guide eBay Stealth!
Amazon Suspension? Read Amazon Ghost to get back on Amazon!
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Ad Management by RedTyger
no new posts