second Paypal account with different name - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 10-12-2012

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 68%
Default second Paypal account with different name

I was thinking about making a second Paypal account with a different name. I want to buy some virtual goods online and I don't want my real name & shipping address to be seen.

If I make a second account with a different name, am I going to need a paid VPN so I can be safe?

I won't be using this account for eBay or any auction sites. Only for virtual goods bought from other paypal users.

I don't need it verified either. I would send money from my main paypal account to this one when I need to make a purchase. When I need to deposit into my bank I would send from the second account to main account.

Is this a good idea or no?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 10-12-2012

Longevity: 80%

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo View Post
I was thinking about making a second Paypal account with a different name. I want to buy some virtual goods online and I don't want my real name & shipping address to be seen.

If I make a second account with a different name, am I going to need a paid VPN so I can be safe?

I won't be using this account for eBay or any auction sites. Only for virtual goods bought from other paypal users.

I don't need it verified either. I would send money from my main paypal account to this one when I need to make a purchase. When I need to deposit into my bank I would send from the second account to main account.

Is this a good idea or no?

No.

VPN = Bad idea.

Transferring money between PayPal accounts = Even bigger bad idea.

Your intentions are fine, however keep everything seperate, and don't provide links to other paypal accounts, otherwise they will all be shut down.
Old 10-12-2012
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by meVebay View Post
No.

VPN = Bad idea.

Transferring money between PayPal accounts = Even bigger bad idea.

Your intentions are fine, however keep everything seperate, and don't provide links to other paypal accounts, otherwise they will all be shut down.
really VPN is a bad idea? Can you explain?

So then I would need to open another bank account just to deposit. With my verified Paypal I made a second bank account just for buying/selling online.

If I keep it separate but on the same IP address won't Paypal get suspicious?
Old 10-13-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,909 Times in 8,202 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

quote:

Covered a lot in other posts.

Use different IP and new user account - avoid mixing. Are you based in Canada at all?
Old 10-13-2012
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
quote:

Covered a lot in other posts.

Use different IP and new user account - avoid mixing. Are you based in Canada at all?
yes I am based in Canada.

The old unplugging modem trick does not work with my ISP for a new IP address. The only way I can see getting a different IP is hiding behind a VPN, using proxies which aren't reliable, or doing it at a friends house?