eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   PayPal Talk (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/)
-   -   Paypal: "We couldn't verify this phone number" (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/60510-paypal-we-couldnt-verify-phone-number.html)

danshan 07-02-2013 03:25 PM

Yes you can use voip and all the internet junk services but not to confirm location

StealthAssassin 07-02-2013 04:11 PM

I have had this problem in the past as well. I have tried no less than a dozen number forwarding services and NONE work for when you are trying to make a purchase or withdraw money and you get that "we're going to give you a call" messages. NONE!!!!!

Now, with that said, say you get limited and you get the simple "confirm location" requirement or if you get the "confirm location" requirement by some other means. Then YES using vumber, google voice, etc.. WILL WORK.

I repeat, if you get that "we're going to give you a call" message while trying to purchase something or withdraw money, you need a LANDLINE to bypass that or a paid VOIP (like Comcast). I have had a prepaid T-mobile number work before and some Trac Fones and the like can also work...no guarantee though. I have had a forwarding number attached to a PP account and got hit with the dreaded "we're going to give you a call" message. I figured no big deal...got a prepaid SIM for a T-mobile phone and added the new number. To my surprise and dismay...it said it couldn't "verify" the number. Perhaps the prepaid number has to be added when you first create the PP account???

Your phone number is cross referenced with a database in real time. Those number forwarding services WILL NOT WORK!

I hope this has cleared up some confusion. I'm sure there will be some here who will challenge this though, or even think "confirm location" and "we're going to give you a call" are one in the same. The latter is a whole different beast. "Confirm location" is the equivalent of verifying a number on ebay....which is essentially NOTHING...childs play if you will.

rsot 07-03-2013 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StealthAssassin (Post 464211)
I repeat, if you get that "we're going to give you a call" message while trying to purchase something or withdraw money, you need a LANDLINE to bypass that or a paid VOIP (like Comcast). I have had a prepaid T-mobile number work before and some Trac Fones and the like can also work...no guarantee though

Good clarification - thanks StealthAssassin

bluejet 07-30-2013 10:29 AM

Paypal is really beginning to piss me off. What the hell is going on with this "we're going to give you a call rubbish??????

I tried using a land line WITH the correct address and still wont work

bigboddie 07-30-2013 11:16 AM

Cell phones prepaid or not work just fine. What's throwing a wrench in the works is the rest of the "stealth process" slim it down and it works.

elitepowersales 07-30-2013 07:59 PM

I had something similar happen. Tried to send a payment to another one of my paypal accounts about a month later. They wanted verification. Sometimes it is the CC you opened the account with or they will call you on your phone number listed. Well I no longer had the phone number so when I tried to change I got your new phone number could not be matched to an address. Then i got the 4 questions to verify who you are like on Ebay. At that point I just made an over payment to Ebay of my selling fees and zeroed out the paypal account. I then stop shipping on 2 items that were to go out and told the buyers I was out of stock and to file item not received for refund.

rsot 08-02-2013 03:32 PM

It is the sending of payment between your PP accounts that caused you an issue (not the only thing but a huge factor here) - recommendation stands to avoid sending money between your own pp accounts.

Sandy D 08-02-2013 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rsot (Post 473500)
It is the sending of payment between your PP accounts that caused you an issue (not the only thing but a huge factor here) - recommendation stands to avoid sending money between your own pp accounts.

Not correct, some have posted they were trying to purchase something or even withdraw to their bank as well. It is not just pp to pp that is causing members to get this phone verification message.

captainbarkey 09-18-2013 06:24 AM

Re: Paypal: "We couldn't verify this phone number"

This is interesting. So it seems there is not solution for phone verification as of yet

bombora 09-18-2013 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by captainbarkey (Post 486852)
This is interesting. So it seems there is not solution for phone verification as of yet

It seems a land line attached to your billing address is the only solution I have been able to find.

captainbarkey 09-18-2013 02:23 PM

But that doesn't work which the majority of people are saying. How is that possible when you have multiple stealth Addresses and you need a landline that matches that address. It seems the majority of us try to verify phone location with cellphone and landlines and 9 times out of 10, you receive the message stating it didn't work and pp has to send you verif code to the address on file. That can take a few weeks to receive. Something is not adding up here

FlavioLHP 09-18-2013 06:07 PM

..... So it seems there is not solution for phone verification as of yet!!!!

does someone know if a paid voip service (like voipvoip) that provides US number should work? :surrender:

Dunersdunes 11-08-2013 12:34 AM

Let them send letter to verify. I use landline on all my accounts but most wont understand how. So let them send u the letter to verify address aka location

If u cant figure how to confirm letter. Let me know. I will help u. Cant stump me. Lol. Good luck

Isaac 12-12-2019 03:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dmshark25 (Post 453470)
And it's not good to withdrawal to your bank account from a diff computer/IP too many times will result In limitation

What if we use MIFI, which gives different IP each time it reconnects?

rsot 12-12-2019 05:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Isaac (Post 1054759)
What if we use MIFI, which gives different IP each time it reconnects?

Not a big deal as long as cookies are in place. Always good to avoid IP overlapping between accounts though