eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   PayPal Talk (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/)
-   -   Refund Problem! (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/70206-refund-problem.html)

KDavis 02-11-2014 02:08 PM

Refund Problem!

So I had to issue a refund to someone. However, my paypal account didn't have the funds and the bank account linked to it was closed (not to my knwledge of course). So now the refund keeps trying to get money from the bank! I don't know what to do or how to cancel the transaction. I put enough money in paypal and have unlinked the bank. Is there a way to redo the refund?

JamesNorth101 02-11-2014 02:26 PM

Re: Refund Problem!

The way I have gotten around this in the past is to send the refund as a payment to the refundees account and fund it using a VCC. Not ideal, but solves the problem (you may have other options in the US mind you)

joesshooze 02-11-2014 03:56 PM

Just get a Vanilla Visa for the amount or over and click on the link in your pp acct. that says correct shortage and you are all good. Have had an emergency or 2 myself.

Sandy D 02-11-2014 06:21 PM

James and Joe just give you the answers.

For me, mine would be to tell you to always leave enough in your paypal for a couple returns/refund so you wont run into this.

igotsuspended 02-11-2014 08:09 PM

With my experience for US accounts, PayPal would remove your closed bank account and charge to backup funding source (credit/debit card). If backup funding source also failed, your balance would be negative, and you can manually add fund to bring it to zero.
Not much sellers keep their account balance to cover refund for returns, unless they are big sellers.

jeffweico 02-12-2014 01:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sandy D (Post 527767)
James and Joe just give you the answers.

For me, mine would be to tell you to always leave enough in your paypal for a couple returns/refund so you wont run into this.

An ounce of prevention....

Sandy D 02-12-2014 02:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by igotsuspended (Post 527780)
With my experience for US accounts, PayPal would remove your closed bank account and charge to backup funding source (credit/debit card). If backup funding source also failed, your balance would be negative, and you can manually add fund to bring it to zero.
Not much sellers keep their account balance to cover refund for returns, unless they are big sellers.

This is not correct. Most vets here will agree leaving some funds for refunds is the way to go.

If this had been done the op would not be in this situation.

Dmshark25 02-12-2014 03:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sandy D (Post 527851)
This is not correct. Most vets here will agree leaving some funds for refunds is the way to go.

Yea I always leave my fees and two refunds at all times, as soon as a problem arises I like to refund with in seconds sometimes and u can turn a negative into a glowing positive, this is a key to running online business, people do not like to wait for there orders, refunds anything

JamesNorth101 02-12-2014 05:57 AM

Always leave enough for a couple of refund and eBay fees myself. Keeps PayPal happy and prevents this issue from occurring.

igotsuspended 02-12-2014 12:02 PM

Most members are dealing with eb and pp to protect them from being kicked out again, so they don't want to be looked bad in their eyes.
It's awkward when people complaining about pp holding fund policy and saying leaving money to cover refunds.
I also have some cases to wait couple days for refund to be cleared.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sandy D (Post 527851)

KDavis 02-12-2014 12:59 PM

Thanks guys. This was all very helpful. I think I'm going to send the money from my paypal, but how do I stop paypal from bombarding my closed bank account every 3 days? I get fees for this.

rsot 02-12-2014 01:03 PM

Leaving $ in pp to cover 3-4x average sale price works for me well regularly.

joesshooze 02-12-2014 04:40 PM

Some times things happen beyond our control. I am human, I make mistakes & I had such an event. I try not to make the same mistake twice. OP was asking for help and not to be admonished or judged. OP, I hope you got a viable answer.

My items sell for over $100 & I do my best to not let eb or pp get it like last summer took me 7 1/2 months to get my money so it's a delicate balance.

glacier922 02-12-2014 05:29 PM

I had a problem like this similar to op. I had enough money in pp acct, but some of it was held. I told the customer that I'll refund what I could, and then refund the rest when pp releases my money. I even took a snapshot of my pp acct to the customer to show them that pp did hold my money. Customer was pretty happy about it that I would do that, and didn't mind. Showed i was honest. Gave me a positive feedback and agreed to cancel transaction to get my fees back.

Hope this helps some people.

GreenBean 02-12-2014 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joesshooze (Post 527741)
Just get a Vanilla Visa for the amount or over and click on the link in your pp acct. that says correct shortage and you are all good. Have had an emergency or 2 myself.

That's good advice.

Sovles the worry of paypal making issues.

:thumb:

GreenBean 02-12-2014 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KDavis (Post 527698)
So I had to issue a refund to someone. However, my paypal account didn't have the funds and the bank account linked to it was closed (not to my knwledge of course).

Is that a fairy tale?

As the paypal account holder you must be aware of what is happening with your account.

It is essential to know if a bank account can be touched for paypal to draw funds.

Go over your plans with all your accounts. Make sure all is working that should be working.

Soon as you can, try to keep a balance in accounts for x2 refunds & a back up of one month's fees.

:mod:

bjammin 02-12-2014 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dmshark25 (Post 527873)
Yea I always leave my fees and two refunds at all times, as soon as a problem arises I like to refund with in seconds sometimes and u can turn a negative into a glowing positive, this is a key to running online business, people do not like to wait for there orders, refunds anything

Amen to that DM. I cannot tell you the times I have had an unsatisfied customer on numerous accounts that have had a complaint (avg 2 out of 100). I do not care what the issue was, if I issue that refund immediately, I usually get positive feedback. Never have I gotten negative feedback after issuing a full refund immediately.

KDavis 02-13-2014 12:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greenie (Post 528028)
Is that a fairy tale?

As the paypal account holder you must be aware of what is happening with your account.

It is essential to know if a bank account can be touched for paypal to draw funds.

Go over your plans with all your accounts. Make sure all is working that should be working.

Soon as you can, try to keep a balance in accounts for x2 refunds & a back up of one month's fees.

:mod:

not a fairytale at all. lol. I never really keep money in the bank I use. I just use it to verify. I had about $100 in paypal but the refund was for more than that and plus I had some held funds.

KDavis 02-13-2014 12:42 AM

I just refunded her from another account. All is well and I got positive feedback. Thanks for the advice, guys!

GreenBean 02-13-2014 01:50 AM

@KDavis

That's good.

Be careful for the future about bank accounts though.

No way do you want unneeded fees because paypal dipped into an account.

:nono:

igotsuspended 02-13-2014 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KDavis (Post 528124)
I just refunded her from another account. All is well and I got positive feedback. Thanks for the advice, guys!

Refund from another account could be a bad move if you have a bad buyer.

joesshooze 02-13-2014 05:52 PM

I am glad and hope it does not come back to bite you in your pocket. The mostly kind people here offer a gazillion times more than you pay for being here. Trust them. If everything is still ok tomorrow I will share a story about loss without linking which could be catastrophic.