Closing then opening paypal account - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe
     

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!


Go Back   Home > Marketplace Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 08-07-2014
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 12
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 66%
iTrader: (0)
Default Closing then opening paypal account

I have a fully verified payapl account using all my genuine details. However, the ebay account this was linked to has been suspended for not meeting the selling standards.

My question is can I close my current paypal account (which is currently working fine) and open a new one using my genuine details again but with a different email address. Will this fool ebay into thinking this is a new user and not the same user who was previously suspended?

I'd hate to have to set up a stealth paypal account when I have a genuine one that is fully verified.

Thanks
Reply With Quote
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

  #2  
Old 08-07-2014
ilcarletto's Avatar
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 4,677
Thanks: 830
Thanked 1,396 Times in 1,026 Posts
Activity: 47%
Longevity: 47%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: Closing then opening paypal account

Quote:
Originally Posted by judgedrew View Post
can I close my current paypal account (which is currently working fine) and open a new one using my genuine details again but with a different email address. Will this fool ebay into thinking this is a new user and not the same user who was previously suspended?
No absolutely no... you won't fool them so easily.

The Paypal account, which is currently working fine, cannot be used with another Ebay... no way, sorry.

You need to start from scratch for both EB and PP in stealth mode. You cannot re-use the same details that you have used for your previous account.

This forum is here for that reason. stealth guide will give you a lot of informations about going stealth.

Buona fortuna.

Last edited by ilcarletto; 08-07-2014 at 06:25 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 08-07-2014
Junior Member
Threadstarter  
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 12
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 66%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: Closing then opening paypal account

Is there any hope to holding onto this account? What do you advise?

Thanks
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 08-07-2014
ilcarletto's Avatar
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 4,677
Thanks: 830
Thanked 1,396 Times in 1,026 Posts
Activity: 47%
Longevity: 47%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: Closing then opening paypal account

Quote:
Originally Posted by judgedrew View Post
Is there any hope to holding onto this ax
You can get in touch with Ebay and fight to get your account reinstated.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 08-07-2014
Junior Member
Threadstarter  
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 12
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 66%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: Closing then opening paypal account

Thanks. Didn't know you could do that. Any advise on what to say or how to approach it? I got suspended for poor seller performance because I drop shipped items and they often took weeks to arrive
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 08-07-2014
rsot's Avatar
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 59,161
Thanks: 4,668
Thanked 7,192 Times in 6,556 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 77%
iTrader: (7)
Default Re: Closing then opening paypal account

Quote:
Originally Posted by judgedrew View Post
Thanks. Didn't know you could do that. Any advise on what to say or how to approach it? I got suspended for poor seller performance because I drop shipped items and they often took weeks to arrive
Chances are low on reinstatement. That's why stealth method exists - forget the old info and make new accounts with fresh info
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 08-07-2014
benny's Avatar
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 69
Thanks: 56
Thanked 7 Times in 5 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 87%
iTrader: (1)
Default Re: Closing then opening paypal account

Quote:
Originally Posted by judgedrew View Post
Thanks. Didn't know you could do that. Any advise on what to say or how to approach it? I got suspended for poor seller performance because I drop shipped items and they often took weeks to arrive
to be honest if it was me i would let that account go as i have in the past tried to get accounts back, it just gives you loads of stress and waiting and waiting for eeebbay to often send a cut and paste answer that does you no good and in they end i have found that 99% of the time when they close an account thats the way it stays.....

go stealth, start again, sod em,
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 08-07-2014
aspkin's Avatar
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 10,658
Thanks: 2,888
Thanked 3,691 Times in 1,574 Posts
Activity: 46%
Longevity: 100%
iTrader: (24)
Default Re: Closing then opening paypal account

Quote:
Originally Posted by judgedrew View Post
I have a fully verified payapl account using all my genuine details. However, the ebay account this was linked to has been suspended for not meeting the selling standards.

My question is can I close my current paypal account (which is currently working fine) and open a new one using my genuine details again but with a different email address. Will this fool ebay into thinking this is a new user and not the same user who was previously suspended?

I'd hate to have to set up a stealth paypal account when I have a genuine one that is fully verified.

Thanks
If only that would work...

At least you thinking outside the box.

It's best to start new. Read the eBay stealth guide and if you have any questions afterwards created a new thread.

Good luck!
__________________

Notice: Do not PM me. I get too many PMs to answer.
Please go to https://support.aspkin.com and submit a ticket instead.
Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Closing personal account and opening business account triple filtered UK PayPal Talk 7 03-30-2014 06:55 PM
Closing current account and opening new one? unko1234 PayPal Talk 5 10-21-2013 04:57 PM
Closing my old ebay and opening a new one justgoodmn eBay Discussion! 2 04-08-2011 04:07 PM
closing and opening an account on ebay paypalpains UK eBay & Paypal 2 04-26-2010 02:32 PM
Opening and closing banks accounts for paypal? kobedakid PayPal Talk 3 04-04-2010 01:06 PM


Aspkin Group

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:10 AM.


Stop the guessing games and learn how you can quickly and easily get back on eBay today!
Read the best selling step-by-step eBay Suspension guide eBay Stealth!
Amazon Suspension? Read Amazon Ghost to get back on Amazon!
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Ad Management by RedTyger
no new posts