eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   PayPal Talk (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/)
-   -   is 3k too much? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/76937-3k-too-much.html)

Jetplanes 08-30-2014 04:37 PM

is 3k too much?

I need to sell my washing machine to pay a few things. Paypal and ebay are free of restrictions. I've received a few hundred dollars sales here and there also 1k once. Will a 3k payment raise red flags? like send in invoices and crap?

thanks

BigCJ 08-30-2014 04:40 PM

Re: is 3k too much?

Yes...

dangerous amount.

Any other possibility of accepting another payment method?

JamesNorth101 08-30-2014 04:40 PM

I would say there would be a high chance it will go into review.

How old is the account? Have you supplied EIN/SSN?

MM78 08-30-2014 05:24 PM

$3,000 Washing Machine? Is it made out of Gold? :noidea:

rsot 08-30-2014 05:26 PM

Quite the large transaction OP...how long ago did you receive 1k?

Jetplanes 08-30-2014 06:24 PM

Account is about a year old. I got the 1k for my macbook 5 days ago, shipped out and withdrew without a problem...

The thing is I don't have ss to give them ****ers :( but i need this money.

Jetplanes 08-30-2014 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCJ (Post 583724)
Yes...

dangerous amount.

Any other possibility of accepting another payment method?

what other payment can i use? when i try to list with "pay onpickup" it refuses and tells me i must use paypal

just_smile 08-30-2014 07:39 PM

You have to 'offer' paypal.

But if you clearly state cash on collecton only, most buyers wont have a problem.

Infact, create a fresh stealth account, list it on that. Then if your buyer tries paying by paypal, you can just refund without fear of getting a defect or neg. Just throw the account away once the transaction is complete.

yankee 08-30-2014 07:55 PM

That is fantastic advice just_smile! I have been doing this with high dollar items. ATVs, Autos, boat motors where 99% of the time it is cash in person.

jeffweico 08-30-2014 08:01 PM

I agree, since you are obviously going to sell this locally, go for it. If the buyer wants to use PayPal, just keep on pushing for cash. If push comes to shove, tell the buyer you don't want to pay the 3% in PayPal fees and offer to accept PayPal at THEIR expense. My guess is that cash will quickly appear!

BigCJ 08-30-2014 09:04 PM

Cash is king.

If you can get that, go for it.

But BEWARE of a buyer insisting on paypal.

They will pick the item up and then open a case you are almost certain to lose because you have no proof.

jeffweico 08-30-2014 09:07 PM

I didn't think of that. Why not prepare a receipt? You sign where it says received $3,000 and the buyer signs that he received the merchandise?

From my understanding, you CAN accept cash if a buyer picks an item up, but you have to offer PayPal as an option. Or am I wrong?

yankee 08-30-2014 09:11 PM

You are correct Jjeff, also take a couple pics upon delivery and signiture of prrof of delivery.

Jetplanes 08-30-2014 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by just_smile (Post 583769)
You have to 'offer' paypal.

But if you clearly state cash on collecton only, most buyers wont have a problem.

Infact, create a fresh stealth account, list it on that. Then if your buyer tries paying by paypal, you can just refund without fear of getting a defect or neg. Just throw the account away once the transaction is complete.

Did everything you said, awesome advice man. Finally got the darn thing up and I don't have to worry about shipping!

Quote:

Originally Posted by yankee (Post 583788)
You are correct Jjeff, also take a couple pics upon delivery and signiture of prrof of delivery.

Yes this will be done also. Thank you all :clap:

SaiJin 08-30-2014 10:21 PM

Jet, the $1k for macbook may fly and you got lucky.

But for such large item with high value, I think that craigslist is better no?

I have sold $5k worth of TV on it once and it worked better than eBay

Jetplanes 08-30-2014 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SaiJin (Post 583794)
Jet, the $1k for macbook may fly and you got lucky.

But for such large item with high value, I think that craigslist is better no?

I have sold $5k worth of TV on it once and it worked better than eBay

Nah I seem to attract alot of scum off craigslist idk why :noidea:

masimo 08-31-2014 02:28 AM

What's your selling limit?

just_smile 08-31-2014 04:14 AM

Jetplanes, if the buyer pays by paypal, DO NOT think you are covered by getting them to sign a receipt or takeing pictures. You WILL NOT be covered by paypal.

The buyer can simply claim it is not them in the photo. You could film the whole meeting from start to finish and it still wouldnt mean anything to paypal.

The only way that you should be paid for a pick up item is cash on collection or bank transfer.

yankee 08-31-2014 07:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by just_smile (Post 583836)
Jetplanes, if the buyer pays by paypal, DO NOT think you are covered by getting them to sign a receipt or takeing pictures. You WILL NOT be covered by paypal.

The buyer can simply claim it is not them in the photo. You could film the whole meeting from start to finish and it still wouldnt mean anything to paypal.

The only way that you should be paid for a pick up item is cash on collection or bank transfer.

This is NOT true at all but I personally only accpet cash in person these days.
Paypal will take ALL signed proof of delivery with eligible signiture faster than a "delivered to zipcode" USPS scan. Of course you have to do it correctly. No napkin contacts, lol

just_smile 08-31-2014 07:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yankee (Post 583877)
This is NOT true at all but I personally only accpet cash in person these days.
Paypal will take ALL signed proof of delivery with eligible signiture faster than a "delivered to zipcode" USPS scan. Of course you have to do it correctly. No napkin contacts, lol

Yankee you really can't do that. Paypals seller protection rules are clear.

Otherwise you could sell a 5k tv on ebay, get paid via paypal, withdraw the cash, then get your mate jack the lad from round the corner to come and sign your 'receipt'

It is easily open to abuse and that is why paypal do not accept it. There rules are in place for a reason.

rsot 08-31-2014 08:06 AM

All very good ideas OP - especially the part about NOT expecting PP to cover your sale...PP is not 100% reliable.

Since you are likely to deal with the buyer in person...arrange the sale in this way

yankee 08-31-2014 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by just_smile (Post 583880)
Yankee you really can't do that. Paypals seller protection rules are clear.

Otherwise you could sell a 5k tv on ebay, get paid via paypal, withdraw the cash, then get your mate jack the lad from round the corner to come and sign your 'receipt'

It is easily open to abuse and that is why paypal do not accept it. There rules are in place for a reason.

You REALLY can! Call paypal and learn the facts.