Avoiding PAYPAL EIN? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe
     

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!


Go Back   Home > Marketplace Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 09-26-2014
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 16
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 43%
iTrader: (0)
Default Avoiding PAYPAL EIN?

My question is that if i already reached 200 selling on my current stealth ebay and paypal could i just unlink the paypal that had all 200 transactions and input a fresh new one with no transactions to my ebay without no problems? I've been told i could but i just want to clarify things.
Reply With Quote
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

  #2  
Old 09-26-2014
rsot's Avatar
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 59,213
Thanks: 4,673
Thanked 7,196 Times in 6,560 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 77%
iTrader: (7)
Default Re: Avoiding PAYPAL EIN?

No you can't melvinp - that works against stealth principles. You might get away with it but it's a risk that's up to you. You NEVER know when that pp will go down
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 09-26-2014
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 156
Thanks: 1
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 41%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: Avoiding PAYPAL EIN?

Better if you open a new stealth eb/paypal combo account.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 09-26-2014
Junior Member
Threadstarter  
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 16
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 43%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: Avoiding PAYPAL EIN?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
No you can't melvinp - that works against stealth principles. You might get away with it but it's a risk that's up to you. You NEVER know when that pp will go down
So they could link back to my old paypal and i might get suspended from ebay?
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 09-26-2014
JamesNorth101's Avatar
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 17,570
Thanks: 1,502
Thanked 4,461 Times in 3,452 Posts
Activity: 57%
Longevity: 51%
iTrader: (374)
Default Re: Avoiding PAYPAL EIN?

You cannot just unlink a PayPal and add in a new one.

eBay and PayPal keep all the details of all accounts even after you have unlinked/removed details.

You will get links very fast.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 09-26-2014
rsot's Avatar
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 59,213
Thanks: 4,673
Thanked 7,196 Times in 6,560 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 77%
iTrader: (7)
Default Re: Avoiding PAYPAL EIN?

Quote:
Originally Posted by melvinp View Post
So they could link back to my old paypal and i might get suspended from ebay?
Definitely - old link can EASILY be seen
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 09-26-2014
Junior Member
Threadstarter  
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 16
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 43%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: Avoiding PAYPAL EIN?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesNorth101 View Post
You cannot just unlink a PayPal and add in a new one.

eBay and PayPal keep all the details of all accounts even after you have unlinked/removed details.

You will get links very fast.
okay i see. even though if i use a VPN on the new paypal? Also what should i do besides skrill and propay? Should i just leave the account for a year and it will reset the 200 and i could start selling again? Or should i just do the EIN? I'm no sure with the EIN though. If i apply for one would i need to pay taxes?
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 09-26-2014
MM78's Avatar
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 14,134
Thanks: 1,107
Thanked 4,821 Times in 3,332 Posts
Activity: 1%
Longevity: 71%
iTrader: (4)
Default Re: Avoiding PAYPAL EIN?

Quote:
Originally Posted by melvinp View Post
okay i see. even though if i use a VPN on the new paypal?
Doesn't matter.

Quote:
Also what should i do besides skrill and propay? Should i just leave the account for a year and it will reset the 200 and i could start selling again?
Paypal will ask for an SSN or EIN at around 150 items sold or $20,000 has been reached.

Quote:
If i apply for one would i need to pay taxes?
Consult a Tax Professional.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 09-26-2014
JamesNorth101's Avatar
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 17,570
Thanks: 1,502
Thanked 4,461 Times in 3,452 Posts
Activity: 57%
Longevity: 51%
iTrader: (374)
Default Re: Avoiding PAYPAL EIN?

Quote:
Originally Posted by melvinp View Post
If i apply for one would i need to pay taxes?
You need to pay your taxes anyway.

Talk to an accountant.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 09-26-2014
bjammin's Avatar
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 2,160
Thanks: 394
Thanked 712 Times in 444 Posts
Activity: 16%
Longevity: 51%
iTrader: (75)
Default Re: Avoiding PAYPAL EIN?

I have done that before. I had hit around 200 and PP would no longer process any more payments. People were messaging me wanting to know how are they suppose to pay. I created another PP account and added to the EB account. It was fine for a month or 2, but eventually EB came down and MC999'ed me, then they looked into my account further. Then I was indefinitely suspended from EB on that account. At that point I just tossed both PP and the EB account.

If the EB account is worth anything to you, then spend the $300 - $400 to get a EIN (get LLC, not sole proprietor or partnership). Then as long as you keep it under 20K, you will not have to worry about getting 1099'ed by IRS.

You only get reported to IRS if you hit 20k in transactions AND 200 items. You gotta meet both criteria. Please note that it is also 20k in transaction, not just sales. This includes moving money through PP from other PP.

Good Luck!
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bjammin For This Useful Post:
keepongoing (09-26-2014)
  #11  
Old 09-26-2014
Junior Member
Threadstarter  
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 16
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 43%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: Avoiding PAYPAL EIN?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjammin View Post
I have done that before. I had hit around 200 and PP would no longer process any more payments. People were messaging me wanting to know how are they suppose to pay. I created another PP account and added to the EB account. It was fine for a month or 2, but eventually EB came down and MC999'ed me, then they looked into my account further. Then I was indefinitely suspended from EB on that account. At that point I just tossed both PP and the EB account.

If the EB account is worth anything to you, then spend the $300 - $400 to get a EIN (get LLC, not sole proprietor or partnership). Then as long as you keep it under 20K, you will not have to worry about getting 1099'ed by IRS.

You only get reported to IRS if you hit 20k in transactions AND 200 items. You gotta meet both criteria. Please note that it is also 20k in transaction, not just sales. This includes moving money through PP from other PP.

Good Luck!

Oh okay. So i'll only get a 1099 if i also reach 200 in sales but don't even reach 20k? Also can i just let that account sit for a year for it to reset the sales? Or will it still need me to require a EIN to verify?
Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Avoiding SSN - outside of the U.S., that is leonid5000 PayPal Talk 45 01-18-2011 09:13 PM
Creating an LLC & AVOIDING paypal? luvmyyorkie Subscriber Discussions 13 01-31-2010 05:29 AM
Invoicing Tips ((Avoiding Paypal)) thelizardking Payment Processing 13 03-06-2008 11:01 PM
My Ultimate Paypal/Ebay Link-Avoiding Suspension Thread JackNoMore eBay Suspensions 35 11-13-2007 10:24 PM
Avoiding Paypal Fees JackNoMore PayPal Talk 6 08-04-2007 03:43 PM


Aspkin Group

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:34 AM.


Stop the guessing games and learn how you can quickly and easily get back on eBay today!
Read the best selling step-by-step eBay Suspension guide eBay Stealth!
Amazon Suspension? Read Amazon Ghost to get back on Amazon!
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Ad Management by RedTyger
no new posts