I said I'd call the police... - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 03-12-2015

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 80%
Default I said I'd call the police...

It's amazing how the threat of calling the police can compel some totally unresponsive buyers to all of a sudden get in touch with you.

I sold a beats XL pill on ebay to a buyer with almost 200 100% positive fb. He opens a case 2 days in PP after the end of the auction claiming the product was "not as described."

So I upload the tracking info (with sig confirmation) and also state that the pill hadn't even arrived yet. Flash forward a few days.....it has been delivered and for some reason, ebay decides in favor of the buyer and PP refunds them.

I email the buyer stating I don't understand why PP decided in your favor, but that I'd either like the pill back or payment and that I'd be awaiting their response. Over 5 days, I send 2-3 emails and get absolutely nothing.

So today, I send another email with the subject "I'm calling the police" and the body of the email stated that I haven't heard from them and this is my last recourse. MAGICALLY, I get an email back within the hour stating that they intended to send the money back to my account....and he actually did.

The account is of course stealth so I don't even know how this would have even played out. I'm just glad I got paid.

Last edited by StealthAssassin; 03-12-2015 at 11:14 AM.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 03-12-2015

Longevity: 59%
Default Re: I said I'd call the police...

thats terrible paypal sided for the buyer! what a freaking joke.

man That is sad! could happen to anyone.

count your self lucky and blessed.

glad to hear this worked out, but this is a common scam many are getting away with.

opening cases before delivery. makes me sick!
The Following User Says Thank You to keepongoing For This Useful Post:
StealthAssassin (03-12-2015)
Old 03-12-2015
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 52%

In my experience paypal and ebay always side with the buyer. It is crazy. I once had a buyer who only had 10 feedback(all positive) buy an item from me. I had tracking info (sig confirm) and he said he didn't receive it. and ebay said I should've tried to contact him more ( I did three times over two days) and that I shouldbe asked him for his phone number to contact him. they sided with him and I lost my money. absolutely crazy
Old 03-12-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts
Longevity: 81%

It sounds like the buyer may have had something come up and needed the money for something else, or simply decided they didn't want the item after all. It happens.

It is NOT surprising that PayPal sided with the buyer. Normally if the buyer says the item was not as described, they tell they buyer to return the item for a refund. In this case, the buyer might have said something to get PayPal to immediately release the funds.

When the buyer received your email, they probably decided they didn't want a lot of trouble for $200. You have to pick your battles in life. The reality is the police are not likely to have gotten involved. Unless someone is selling something illegal, or is committing massive fraud, they view online eBay disputes as a civil matter and usually suggest taking the other party to court, although SOME police departments WILL make a phone call.

I'm glad you got paid.
The Following User Says Thank You to jeffweico For This Useful Post:
Old 03-12-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,909 Times in 8,202 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

You are indeed lucky OP - the buyer complied well...impressive
The Following User Says Thank You to rsot For This Useful Post:
Old 03-12-2015
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 80%

Thanks everyone.

I'm well aware that the likelihood of them getting involved was pretty much nonexistent and consider myself fortunate.

I understand things come up and I was willing to even take back the pill if he had changed his mind. But there was no correspondence whatsoever and it really did seem that he was going to keep the pill AND the money.

Things sure are getting hard for sellers out there.