eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   PayPal Talk (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/)
-   -   Withdrawal Sent Back (Mismatched Names).... (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/84246-withdrawal-sent-back-mismatched-names.html)

wtfebay 03-26-2015 10:54 AM

Withdrawal Sent Back (Mismatched Names)....

I have never had an issue until now...actually, never had an issue with this particular bank in general until now. I have several accounts with them, deposits from mismatched names have gone through fine. Recently had a large sum withdrawn from paypal...paypal ended up limiting me for increased sales. Withdrawals hit the bank then the bank restricted all of my accounts and sent the money back to paypal. Reason they told me on the phone was because of withdrawals in different names other than my own. The one account was already limited by paypal so I dont care about that one much right now. I had another account that had 3 withdrawals that got returned back to paypal...small amounts, one for 100 and two for 25. The paypal account isnt limited...no email, i can still do everything on that account. I see the original withdrawal says reversed on it and states there was a technical error so it was reversed.

Now my question here is...if I add a different bank account and withdraw the funds, will it be OK? I dont know if the withdrawal reversals raise a flag and the account will go down or what, so thats what I am trying to figure out. Anyone experience this?

Breakthecycle2 03-26-2015 10:55 AM

Re: Withdrawal Sent Back (Mismatched Names)....

What bank is this?

wtfebay 03-26-2015 11:04 AM

Not BOA or Chase, thats for sure.

rsot 03-26-2015 11:08 AM

Particular bank should be provided, namewise

wtfebay 03-26-2015 11:10 AM

Im not worried about the bank...I am asking about the paypal account. Whether I will be fine adding a different bank account and withdrawing or not.

Breakthecycle2 03-26-2015 12:04 PM

Well, the name of the bank will help others.

secret storm 03-26-2015 12:32 PM

Yeah please tell us the name of the bank so if its that bad we know to avoid it.

unkown5454 03-26-2015 01:15 PM

Wants help and refuses to help others.

So, it's like, WTF?

unbakedmonkey 03-26-2015 01:23 PM

Keeping the bank name to themselves no t what this forum in s about��

wtfebay 03-26-2015 01:34 PM

The bank was Key Bank. I have several accounts there and have never had an issue with the withdrawals until now. Still not the question at hand, so i dont see how naming the bank is remotely relevant.

dealagreeproceed 03-26-2015 01:35 PM

:noidea: :noidea: :noidea:

sjantzer 03-26-2015 03:47 PM

"Key Bank" was very relevant so others can make decisions based off your experience. It's a web sharing forum. It's not just about getting what you want, but giving as well.

epimetheus039 03-26-2015 05:08 PM

Naw, you are good. Paypal are tolerant to that as I believe they dont communicate with the bank and they dont see a reason why it was reversed. Add a new one and you will be good to go

wtfebay 03-26-2015 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sjantzer (Post 654076)
"Key Bank" was very relevant so others can make decisions based off your experience. It's a web sharing forum. It's not just about getting what you want, but giving as well.

I understand that it is a "sharing forum" and I have contributed quite a bit when others needed help. I was not asking about the bank side of things, but instead asking about the Paypal side of it. Yes, Key is iffy on mismatched withdrawals now, but that wasn't the issue.

Quote:

Originally Posted by epimetheus039 (Post 654092)
Naw, you are good. Paypal are tolerant to that as I believe they dont communicate with the bank and they dont see a reason why it was reversed. Add a new one and you will be good to go

Thank you...sucks that it took this long to receive an answer. Instead all the replies are "what bank is it", when it takes more effort to argue about why I should provide the bank, rather than ever touching on the subject I asked about. So much for a "sharing forum" as the guy above you had to notate.

GreenBean 03-26-2015 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wtfebay (Post 654049)
The bank was Key Bank. I have several accounts there and have never had an issue with the withdrawals until now. Still not the question at hand, so i dont see how naming the bank is remotely relevant.

Yeah, this info is actually most helpful. Others might be able to take advantage of it.

You are using a Communtiy-based bank rather than the main stream banks.

Community banks are a lot more attentive to the 'happenings' within their customers accounts.

You appear to have been caught by their internal audit systems. Smaller volumes of business means they notice more .

:redface:

rsot 03-26-2015 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unkown5454 (Post 654044)
Wants help and refuses to help others.

So, it's like, WTF?

Indeed - was weird but Key Bank provided does help for other people to submit experiences

Bunneh 03-26-2015 08:53 PM

If you add a new bank, that is not the same as Key Bank it should go through fine.

ricardosway8 03-26-2015 09:31 PM

Make sure you have a working phone number on Paypal before adding New Bank account

unkown5454 03-26-2015 10:18 PM

You flogged a bank with mismatch names and pissed them off with questionably large withdrawals. They have to protect their own a$$ from fr.aud. Get used to it if this is how you operate or set up business accounts in the future that can accept this type of activity.

wtfebay 03-26-2015 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreenBean (Post 654116)
Yeah, this info is actually most helpful. Others might be able to take advantage of it.

You are using a Communtiy-based bank rather than the main stream banks.

Community banks are a lot more attentive to the 'happenings' within their customers accounts.

You appear to have been caught by their internal audit systems. Smaller volumes of business means they notice more .

:redface:

True, it isn't a big main stream bank, but the fact of the matter is I have been using these accounts for quite a long time and no issues until now.

Quote:

Originally Posted by unkown5454 (Post 654168)
You flogged a bank with mismatch names and pissed them off with questionably large withdrawals. They have to protect their own a$$ from fr.aud. Get used to it if this is how you operate or set up business accounts in the future that can accept this type of activity.

I've withdrawn 9k on multiple occasions. This time it was a few thousand more. Not sure why they had no issues with large withdrawals in the past and all of a sudden get "pissed off" over this.

GreenBean 03-27-2015 01:03 AM

You broke the rules with your own methods of using that bank. In fact, you broke the rules for the majority of US banks. High amount transfers flag accounts.

It's not my place to instruct you about banking. It's a seller's place to have done this in the first place.

Read this URL:

Bank Secrecy Act - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Applies to all sellers here. Speak to professionals about what should be done.

Banks can AND do see names especially when amounts of transactions are enough to flag their systems.

It then becomes the bank's duty to report anything they think strange.....

skyline 03-27-2015 01:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wtfebay (Post 654105)
I understand that it is a "sharing forum" and I have contributed quite a bit when others needed help. I was not asking about the bank side of things, but instead asking about the Paypal side of it. Yes, Key is iffy on mismatched withdrawals now, but that wasn't the issue.

They weren't asking which bank it wasn't either.