Paypal requires ssn when upgrading to business now? - Page 3 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 06-24-2015

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 80%
Send a message via Skype™ to ebayerOG
Default Re: Paypal requires ssn when upgrading to business now?

sorry for the miscommunication, I understand entirely. I have made and managed many many accounts very recently. I think I made 50 accounts this month alone.

paypal never used to limit accounts that would send funds to another paypal before any withdrawing activity... but they certainly do now.

so if this SSN request is for EVERY business conversion, its definitely a big problem that thankfully has a trick to get around it... otherwise they are just requesting it for risky behavior, and we have to become aware of what is now considered risky to them.

Last edited by ebayerOG; 06-24-2015 at 04:11 PM.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 06-24-2015
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 52%

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebayerOG View Post
sorry for the miscommunication, I understand entirely. I have made and managed many many accounts very recently. I think I made 50 accounts this month alone.

paypal never used to limit accounts that would send funds to another paypal before any withdrawing activity... but they certainly do now.

so if this SSN request is for EVERY business conversion, its definitely a big problem that thankfully has a trick to get around it... otherwise they are just requesting it for risky behavior, and we have to become aware of what is now considered risky to them.
Revenge has a theory that this will end when eBay and PayPal officially separate....I'm just going to hold off on creating "business" accounts until July 9th, see what happens then. If there's still issues, I'll try out the other ideas.
Old 06-24-2015

Longevity: 82%

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostOfAmazon View Post
Revenge has a theory that this will end when eBay and PayPal officially separate....I'm just going to hold off on creating "business" accounts until July 9th, see what happens then. If there's still issues, I'll try out the other ideas.
I'm not the theorist I'm just the messenger.
Old 06-24-2015

Longevity: 82%

One of my accounts it's verification free.
Old 06-24-2015
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by revenge View Post
I'm not the theorist I'm just the messenger.
Whatever the case may be....it sounds logical enough. I'm going to wait and see.
Old 06-24-2015

there you go then.

follow my recommendations to limit the risk factor. Think of it as the audit risk calculator on turbotax... the more risky stuff you do, the higher the chance of audit.

lower the risk by behaving yourself intelligently, and act like you are an up and coming business that is slowly growing... not an impatient stealther trying to go 200mph
Old 06-24-2015
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
there you go then.

follow my recommendations to limit the risk factor. Think of it as the audit risk calculator on turbotax... the more risky stuff you do, the higher the chance of audit.

lower the risk by behaving yourself intelligently, and act like you are an up and coming business that is slowly growing... not an impatient stealther trying to go 200mph
Whether you would like to accept it or not, there are advantages to being "impatient.....trying to go 200mph".

Dogma is best saved for religions. Keep it out of the forums please.
Old 06-24-2015

believe me, I'm extremely adhd. I constantly want to go fast fast fast. ask the girl I've been courting. take a peek at my driving record.

I'm not bringing fairytales into this. Fast and stealth just do NOT belong in the same paragraph. Slow your pace. Thats the best advice I can ever give.
Old 06-24-2015
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
believe me, I'm extremely adhd. I constantly want to go fast fast fast. ask the girl I've been courting. take a peek at my driving record.

I'm not bringing fairytales into this. Fast and stealth just do NOT belong in the same paragraph. Slow your pace. Thats the best advice I can ever give.
Yes, that's been the dogma plaguing this forum for years about getting increased selling limits on eBay. I blew that right open my first WEEK here.

I agree, slow and steady CAN win the race, but saying that "practice X is ALWAYS the best thing 100% of the time" is VERY assuming....far too many variables to say that one thing works in every situation.
Old 06-24-2015

There is some misinformation on the forums regarding the correct waiting intervals, yes. Ill give you that for sure

but once the account is made.. go slow in almost all senses. including this one

just always try to keep an image in your head of an infant business trying to figure out their way around ebay, and having consistent growth as they do
Old 07-15-2015
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 51%

I just tried 30 minutes ago applying for a brand new pp business account and was hit with the last 4 ssn and dob obstacle.

This is for a new stealth account...bought a new laptop...bought a separate internet connection...new llc and ein...new business bank account... but already fouled by the ssn requirement.

It's past the July 9th separation date that everyone is talking about...

Any ideas or workarounds?
Old 07-15-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Why are you doing pp business right away?
Old 07-15-2015
Subscribed [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
Why are you doing pp business right away?
Well...no real reason why... I figured since I have an EIN.

Is there a reason why I shouldn't have done business right away? Because if you look at some other recent posts, members with personal accounts who have tried upgrading to business accounts are also being asked for the SSN and DOB.
Old 07-16-2015

Longevity: 56%

Just tried upgrading to a Business account today as I am close to the 20K mark. I am stuck on the SS# page as well. Tempted to put in some bogus numbers but not sure if this is the thing to do. Any help guys?
Old 07-16-2015
Subscribed [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pnw507 View Post
Just tried upgrading to a Business account today as I am close to the 20K mark. I am stuck on the SS# page as well. Tempted to put in some bogus numbers but not sure if this is the thing to do. Any help guys?
Did you have a personal or premier account? Did paypal initiate the request for the upgrade?
Old 07-16-2015
Subscribed [VIP]

Instead of always depending on others for a solution...I figured that I would bite the bullet and enter in some information for the SSN and DOB.

Worst case scenario...I'd have to get a new LLC, new EIN, and new bank account...which will cost me $100 and a trip to the bank.

I first called paypal and asked why they are wanting the SSN if this is a totally separate business entity and I do not want any liability on my personal eb/pp account. The first customer rep told me that this is the new policy of paypal for greater security.

I told them I have a separate eb/pp account personally and I wanted total separation for my new business. The pp rep transferred me to another rep "who could help me understand better".

It turns out the pp rep transferred me to eb. The eb rep wasn't much of a help (big surprise). I asked to be transferred back to paypal.

The new paypal rep actually asked me for the new business account that I'm setting up. I gave her the new email address and phone number and she was able to match it up instantly.

She told me that I had successfully entered in the ein, llc, and that she didn't know why paypal was asking for more the personal information. Anyhow, she said that my account seemed to be registered and looked fine at her end.

I told her that the pp website still would not let me past the last 4 SSN and DOB requirement page. There really wasn't any other navigation options on the page. So I exited paypal...deleted cache/cookies...and logged in again and STILL THE SAME THING!

I did this with three different browsers, btw.

That's when she suggested that I enter in the last four of the EIN and the date of establishment for the business.

When I did this, I got an error saying I needed to be 18 years old. So I changed the year from 2015 to 1975 and pressed submit.

It worked!

It's now at a page asking to enter in bank information...blah blah blah...normal pp stuff.

I finally asked the pp rep if everything on the account looked fine at her end... any red flags or things I should be looking for.

She said everything looked fine and this would be a totally separate entity as my other pp account.... new name..new address...new email...new computer...new IP...new bank/EIN.

As it looks like everything is good so far, I'll be taking it slow with this new eb/pp account and hopefully have it grow.
The Following User Says Thank You to Wheelchair For This Useful Post:
Mitsu (01-07-2016)
Old 07-16-2015

Longevity: 56%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheelchair View Post
Did you have a personal or premier account? Did paypal initiate the request for the upgrade?
Personal. No.

I am actually trying to "upgrade" to a business account on one of my lesser established stealth accounts before I do anything to my main stealth account. I am going to make sure everything goes smooth before attempting to "upgrade" on my main account as I am worried something will go wrong and I will lose my main account.

If I cant get past this hurdle I think I will slow the main account down and spread my sales better with my others.
Old 02-04-2016
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 47%
Post Re: Paypal requires ssn when upgrading to business now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheelchair View Post
Instead of always depending on others for a solution...I figured that I would bite the bullet and enter in some information for the SSN and DOB.

As it looks like everything is good so far, I'll be taking it slow with this new eb/pp account and hopefully have it grow.
Is this account still running normally? Thanks
Old 09-11-2016

Longevity: 44%

I know this is an old thread, but I just hit this wall. Here's what I did. I tried to upgrade to a business account. Any login=SSN request. If you went to paypal.com/banking it bypassed the ssn page and I was able to get to my profile and enter the EIN. Then I called. I wanted to be sure the EIN was correct and the bank information was correct and set the stage to move addresses. CS was able to verify my information and downgrade my account to a premier account. Now I don't get the SSN message. The next step once the banks deposit and there's some history will be to call and play CS roulette until I find one that can help me out. I'll try the last 4 of the EIN, but that's kinda sketch. Lying about your SSN is felony sketch, so it's not my primary choice. I bet I can engineer that instruction from CS at which time I'll try it. I record all calls so If there's a problem in the future, I'll have a record. Any other suggestions are welcome.