PayPal security check - Page 2 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 01-02-2016

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 60%
Default Re: PayPal security check

What kind of number is it, when did you add it, and you cant receive text from most vphone numbers. You use receive a phone call.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 01-02-2016
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 49%

It was a prepaid phone but doesn't make any difference what number you use they never call it anyway which is why I don't even bother keeping an active number, you just wait it out and keep trying to make it go through until it go's through
Old 01-02-2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandnewboss View Post
It was a prepaid phone but doesn't make any difference what number you use they never call it anyway which is why I don't even bother keeping an active number, you just wait it out and keep trying to make it go through until it go's through
Pre paid phones have a certain type for it to work, if you can get your hands on a gvoice number and add that number to paypal when you create the paypal. You can receive the verification "CALL" and get your account verified. If you cannot get a gvoice number you can try using textnow. With text now you have to send messages from it every few weeks to keep the number alive.
Old 01-02-2016
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxrange View Post
Pre paid phones have a certain type for it to work, if you can get your hands on a gvoice number and add that number to paypal when you create the paypal. You can receive the verification "CALL" and get your account verified. If you cannot get a gvoice number you can try using textnow. With text now you have to send messages from it every few weeks to keep the number alive.
I've used google voice many times as well as some text apps, they all do the same thing, only thing I haven't done is phone verify the PayPal ahead of time, I could try that and see if that changes anything
Old 01-02-2016

Did you make the account with the gvoice number you are trying to use. Also did you set up the gvoice number to a phone or a cell phone so you can answer the paypal phone call. If not that may be a reason it did not work, just did a verification yesterday and worked with gvoice.

By verification I mean when paypal locks your account up untill you get a call from them to add the code. Not to full verify your account 80% is good enough

Last edited by xxrange; 01-02-2016 at 06:55 PM.
Old 01-02-2016
Threadstarter  

The account was made with the same number which still happens to be active, virgin prepaid, the account isn't locked, it's the verification you get when trying to withdraw or make a purchase from a new computer.
Old 01-02-2016

Like stated above with prepaids you have to get a specific type for it to work, while gvoice works 100% of the time for phone verifications. If added correctly
Old 01-02-2016
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxrange View Post
Like stated above with prepaids you have to get a specific type for it to work, while gvoice works 100% of the time for phone verifications. If added correctly
Got it, thanks for the info
Old 01-10-2016

Quote:
Got it, thanks for the info
I got the same problem now, can not add a bank to the account. The account was an old business account made in 2013. The device was an old good one as well, using that for a long time at least half year.

I'm really stuck here now.

Should I just keep on trying "text me" button? Though it always say it can not verify my number.

I kept on trying to one of my 180 days account and got it through after a few days. But not sure about a good account. Will it raise a flag?

What is the best way?
Old 01-10-2016
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by likefrasers View Post
I got the same problem now, can not add a bank to the account. The account was an old business account made in 2013. The device was an old good one as well, using that for a long time at least half year.

I'm really stuck here now.

Should I just keep on trying "text me" button? Though it always say it can not verify my number.

I kept on trying to one of my 180 days account and got it through after a few days. But not sure about a good account. Will it raise a flag?

What is the best way?
Its the same, just try every 2-3 days but not every day it might take longer, sometimes it can take over a week but its always gone through eventually in my experience..
The Following User Says Thank You to brandnewboss For This Useful Post:
likefrasers (01-10-2016)
Old 01-10-2016

Quote:
Its the same, just try every 2-3 days but not every day it might take longer, sometimes it can take over a week but its always gone through eventually in my experience..
Thank you, ok I will follow this up... It's so weird... will update with this.
Old 01-10-2016

Activity: 30%
Longevity: 58%

Its because its a glitch.

If it happens once then that's normal. Usually you have to call to get it fixed or wait a couple days. They will tell you its a glitch that doesn't fix itself unless someone manual does it OR wait 2-3 days.

One of the silliest glitches and they STILL have it 6+ months, at least that I've seen.
The Following User Says Thank You to solefoodbk For This Useful Post:
likefrasers (01-10-2016)
Old 01-10-2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by solefoodbk View Post

If it happens once then that's normal. Usually you have to call to get it fixed or wait a couple days. They will tell you its a glitch that doesn't fix itself unless someone manual does it OR wait 2-3 days.

One of the silliest glitches and they STILL have it 6+ months, at least that I've seen.
Just can not believe they let it stay like that for so long. Or they do it on purpose. So someone do call in and get caught.
Old 01-10-2016
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 86%

Quote:
Originally Posted by solefoodbk View Post

It's not exactly a glitch, rather an inappropriate screen.
What Paypal really should display is the "We cannot send your payment at this time" message. Whenever you get this message or the verify your identity screen, this indicates your account has been flagged for a soft limit.

Typically, waiting it out fixes the problem.
The Following User Says Thank You to BiN4RY For This Useful Post:
likefrasers (01-10-2016)
Old 01-10-2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiN4RY View Post
It's not exactly a glitch, rather an inappropriate screen.
What Paypal really should display is the "We cannot send your payment at this time" message. Whenever you get this message or the verify your identity screen, this indicates your account has been flagged for a soft limit.

Typically, waiting it out fixes the problem.
But after successfully adding the bank card, will you be able to send the micro deposit or the same thing will happen again?

Just worry if I pass this adding bank issue, will it happen all the time when I try to verify the bank, withdraw money... that will be horrible.
Old 01-12-2016

Longevity: 74%

The mobile app is your friend
Emulators like blue stacks works well too just make sure you completely delete the app and reinstall it if you want to use another account not just clear cache