Very Confused about PayPal and Ebay Phone Verification - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Stealth Topics > Phone Number Verification

Phone Number Verification Discussions on phone number verification, virtual numbers, TracFone, Google Voice, forwarding and more.

Old 03-03-2010

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 82%
Default Very Confused about PayPal and Ebay Phone Verification

Hi, I have run through the threads regarding PayPal verification but I still did not find one that could anwer my question. So I decide to start a new one.

I created my real first stealth PayPal and Ebay account last night using stealth techniques from eBay Stealth and of course many great advice from members here. Everything seems fine. I created a new PC user, cleared cookies, connected with dialup, signed up PayPal with Citizensbank VCC, registerd with stealth info and Fido "Pay-As-You-Go" number, added a new bank account (waiting 2 deposit). Then I created a stealth ebay account using the same info and link it to PayPal.

So now my confusion is when will PayPal and Ebay call to conduct the phone verification? As far as I remember, I did not receive any call from neither PayPal nor Ebay to verified anything for my first-and-now-almost-suspend ebay account. Is this phone verification a random thing? Or some suspicious actions trigger the call? When should I expect the calls? Please help! Thanks!
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 03-03-2010
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 90%

When you initially set up an ebay or Paypal account it will ask on screen for you to confirm your identity by answering the phone that you have on file and then entering a 4 digit code into the phone keypad.

This will either work or not, and you will be informed immediately of the success or failure.

Also if you clear cookies and flash cookies then list items directly on ebay or do any other action such as sending a second chance offer or amending a listing, on screen again will appear the request for you to confirm your phone number on record before proceeding. Tip: dont delete cookies on a computer when selling with ebay if possible. Instead create another user account and use that instead.

Also ebay & Paypal may call you on your registed number. Usually in the case of suspicious activity, but this is not very common is everything is going well. I would update ebay settings and remove the check from the box saying they can call you for marketing purposes etc.

Hope this helps!
The Following User Says Thank You to NZT For This Useful Post:
rosieposie (09-08-2010)
Old 03-03-2010
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo View Post
When you initially set up an ebay or Paypal account it will ask on screen for you to confirm your identity by answering the phone that you have on file and then entering a 4 digit code into the phone keypad.
Thanks but my issues was I did not see that screen asking me to confirm my identity by phone. I also couldn't recall I had ever received any call from PayPal or Ebay for phone verification. All PayPal asked was a credit card with verified address and a bank account to lift the withdrawl limit. The only phone verification I've done so far was with Amazon who emailed me 4 digits code and called me to in 20s to input the code. That's all. That's why I'm so confused that members here have problems with phone verification issue but I was not even aware that PayPal and Ebay will call.
Old 03-03-2010
Threadstarter  

I'm now verified with PayPal by entering 2 small deposits amount.
Now Paypal has an option for me to link my VCC on file so that I can use it as funding source on PayPal. Should I link them? Now the only funding source I have on this PP account is my bank account. Please advise. Thanks!
Old 03-04-2010
Executive [VIP]

Usually its when you add the credit card the next step is they verify you by phone and if that fails they send a letter to your address (or the address on file)

I would add a credit card or a vcc its one of the vital steps to become fully verified.
Old 03-04-2010

Longevity: 84%

Quote:
Originally Posted by cqinjail View Post
Thanks but my issues was I did not see that screen asking me to confirm my identity by phone. I also couldn't recall I had ever received any call from PayPal or Ebay for phone verification. All PayPal asked was a credit card with verified address and a bank account to lift the withdrawl limit. The only phone verification I've done so far was with Amazon who emailed me 4 digits code and called me to in 20s to input the code. That's all. That's why I'm so confused that members here have problems with phone verification issue but I was not even aware that PayPal and Ebay will call.
You must not have listed anything for sale or maybe you use vcc for ebay. I never get calls from paypal but as soon as you sell your first item on ebay and choose paypal as payment then you recieve an automated call from ebay and enter 4 digit pin.
Old 03-04-2010
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo View Post
Usually its when you add the credit card the next step is they verify you by phone and if that fails they send a letter to your address (or the address on file)

I would add a credit card or a vcc its one of the vital steps to become fully verified.
Thanks. I'm fully verified on PayPal as indicated on "Status". May be no call is good call :D
Old 03-04-2010
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbuntz View Post
You must not have listed anything for sale or maybe you use vcc for ebay. I never get calls from paypal but as soon as you sell your first item on ebay and choose paypal as payment then you recieve an automated call from ebay and enter 4 digit pin.
No I have not listed anything yet. I'm going to let it age for at least a month before I sell or buy some cheap stuff to gain feedback.
Old 03-05-2010
Executive [VIP]

Good plan, and what jb said is spot on, your first sale you will get the phone call at the time you try to list the item.
Old 03-06-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by cqinjail View Post
No I have not listed anything yet. I'm going to let it age for at least a month before I sell or buy some cheap stuff to gain feedback.
Well that explains why you haven't recieved the call yet, after you list your first item you'll be asked if you want them to call you now or in 2 min. that's if you choose paypal for payment.
Old 03-10-2010
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 89%

Or you can get the phone call without listing anything too. Just get registered as a seller.
Old 03-11-2010
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hercules View Post
Or you can get the phone call without listing anything too. Just get registered as a seller.
Yes I'm registered as a seller. Do I get a call only if I start listing?
Old 03-12-2010
Executive [VIP]

If you are already registered as a seller you will get the automated calls in the following cases:

1) You try to list an item and ebay does not recognise your computer.

2) You amend a listing in ebay and ebay does not recognise your computer.

3) You send a second chance offer and ebay does not recognise your computer.

This is due to cookies and flash cookies. If you delete them them ebay will want to do the automated check to verify your phone number.

Tip: dont delete cookies or flash cookies if possible when selling with an ebay account. Use a separate user account.
Old 03-12-2010
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 89%

When you attach an ebay account to a PP acc that doesn't make it a seller account. If you want to make it a seller account without listing or what Neo said, you go to Seller info center, then press create a seller acc (middle tab of page) then do it one more time... It will take you to the phone number page etc...
The Following User Says Thank You to Hercules For This Useful Post:
NZT (03-13-2010)
Old 03-29-2010

Longevity: 81%
Default Continuous Suspension

Heyy I think my issue is linked with this.

Everytime I create an eBay Stealth account around the same i list the item oR the item sells I am suspended. A Generic e-mail says unable to verify information. I clear cookies and setup completely random details including phone number.

The paypal account is actually me own but I add a new e-mail address for each different ebay account.

If I get a real phone number and have this verified when I first create the account will they still do a phone call at the time of sale or listing?

Are paypal and e-bay still not sharing info?

ANY NEO OUT THERE?

SAVE MEE! Account suspension is sooo frustrating
Old 03-29-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

@adam, You better rethink the whole deal. ebay/paypal share everything now. Been doing it for the last few years.

Your trick of the email is now a big big big no-no. Mist dangerous word is link. Also a new account should not be made with 'random' details. The old address of the vacant corner block is now not good.

Read the forum a bit more: see how things have changed... you can find out what to do and beat ebay
Old 04-01-2010

logged on at my cell phone company computer and verified phone call with one of their phones.
the next day both accounts were banned.
also doesnt work at hotel anymore to verify number. if anyone had dif experience let me know.
Old 04-01-2010

everytime i use hotel computer i was asked to verify number again..good advice NEO.
At 1 time I was able to verify from hotel for initial listing but its not working anymore.
Old 06-23-2010

Longevity: 80%

Hi guys,
Les commented that Egay accounts here in Latin America, no phone call.
They send the 4 digit by email.
But I have the following query:
- My Account egay this with my real data.
But my pp account, is false.
I can have problems if the information from both accounts is different?
Greetings.
Old 07-28-2010

Longevity: 83%

I have read that you can have 2 diff accts in diff names but I have not done it myself. usually i try to use a real address from the whitepages in the area that my voip number is in.
Old 08-16-2010

Longevity: 81%

I have messed up the phone verification process for one of my accounts. they are now sending a letter too the address. DAMMIT this is my first mistake since i started the whole thing.

Is their anyway around this now or do i just move on?

I mean the account is spot on but its got the 1700 receiving limit.
Old 08-16-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Longevity: 91%

Quote:
Originally Posted by stickmade View Post
I have messed up the phone verification process for one of my accounts. they are now sending a letter too the address. DAMMIT this is my first mistake since i started the whole thing.

Is their anyway around this now or do i just move on?

I mean the account is spot on but its got the 1700 receiving limit.
is the address not accessible? call them quick and tell them youve moved (and give an accessible address) this may or may not work