Gvoice - Did something change? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Stealth Topics > Phone Number Verification

Phone Number Verification Discussions on phone number verification, virtual numbers, TracFone, Google Voice, forwarding and more.

Old 08-06-2014

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 60%
Default Gvoice - Did something change?

I've used Gvoice for years now, on and off of course for many different purposes - However, I've used it for verification purposes throughout the years quite successfully (in combination with other phone services of course: Trac, vumber, other voip numbers, phone.com, etc).

Anyhow, I hadn't made a new Gvoice number in a good month up until about last week. This is when I noticed that Gvoice was acting differently when it came to phone calls (I was using it in conjunction with phonecom as well- Which, unfortunately, their trial service now requires a credit card it seems too- If anyone has any idea around this or knows of a different provider that provides a 15-30 day trial and gives a free forwarding phone number, I am all ears).. Perhaps I am missing a step with Gvoice (maybe I forgot something from not using it for a month?) but I cannot get it to ring my actual phone. It seems the forwarding number doesn't connect or it directs straight to the Gvoice app or something. All I end up seeing in my inbox is "Missed Call from Caller xxxx" or I end up receiving no notification after I change some of the settings around (i.e. when I disabled the forward calls to the chat, thinking that would forward my calls to my phone, etc).

It's nice to see that Gvoice is able to receive texts now, previously I was able to receive texts only with phonecom (not anymore since their credit card switch) - However, I can't seem to get Gvoice to forward any of my calls to my phone! Which obviously is FRUSTRATING because I actually had an eBay account limited over this because eBay was unable to "verify" it was my phone number, hence they couldn't "verify I was who I said I was" and limited/restricted my account. Booo.

I've paid for virtual forwarding numbers in the past, such as vumber. Had a subscription with them for many months, actually. Over time though, I found that I kind of wasted money after finding that I was able to do much of the same thing for free. However now, it seems like something may have changed? Otherwise, perhaps I am just missing a step? I've tried 2 different browsers as well to make sure it wasn't a browser thing (FF and Opera), still no luck.

Any idea or help anyone? And apologies if this is posted elsewhere. I tried looking for the answer through the search function, didn't see anything specific.

Thank you!
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 08-06-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%
Default Re: Gvoice - Did something change?

Gvoice has been giving issues for verification recently.
Old 08-06-2014
Administrator

Thanked 4,230 Times in 1,792 Posts
Longevity: 100%

I suggest giving this thread a read: http://www.aspkin.com/forums/subscri...nstop-now.html
Old 08-06-2014

Longevity: 56%

don't bother with GV any more back in 2008 it worked great. i got hit with a 0 out of 0 with my other ebay acc. i think GV was part of that. just buy a track pone there like 10 bucks at wallmart or 5.00 at rit aid. track-phone works with ebay and paypal its a great phone to use ;]
Old 08-06-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspkin View Post
I suggest giving this thread a read: http://www.aspkin.com/forums/subscri...nstop-now.html
LOL..... cheeky push there.

Old 08-07-2014
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 60%

Im completely aware of having to generally call in with every account made (though there was a streak a couple months ago I noticed where things seemed to have changed slightly where only like 1 out of 5 accounts I would be required to actually have to call in, otherwise even after listing and months later- Things were fine.. That quickly changed again though) -

I guess being that I have went from using paid services for forwarding phone numbers and later changed to using free services only since they were giving me the same outcome.. My question really is, if something with Gvoice changed this month, specifically?

I cannot even get it setup anymore to actually send/forward a phone call to my actual phone (the phone that I hold in my hand). It sends it directly to the inbox of Gvoice/Gmail (I dont use a Gvoice app) as a missed call, or doesn't show up at all as anything. This has only been occurring this past month.

Obviously in the past, I've been able to at least get Gvoice to forward phone calls to my phone. So I'm curious if something is going on with them?
Old 08-10-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,936 Times in 8,227 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by honehh View Post
Obviously in the past, I've been able to at least get Gvoice to forward phone calls to my phone. So I'm curious if something is going on with them?
As for the actual service, GV itself hasnt changed