Easiest way to handle returns on stealth account without using outside services? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > WallStreetBets > Dropshipping & Wholesale Suppliers > Shipping Talk

Shipping Talk General discussions on shipping, customs, tracking, USPS, UPS, FedEx, DHL, EMS, etc.

Old 01-21-2017

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 42%
Default Easiest way to handle returns on stealth account without using outside services?

I do all shipping through ebay... I have 30 days returns with 20% restocking fee. Got my first return request not sure the best way to go about it?? Do I accept the return on ebay and message them my address? How does all that work with restocking fees and such? Just confused if someone can break it down for me..

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 01-22-2017
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,025 Times in 3,012 Posts
Activity: 4%
Longevity: 48%
Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz
Default Re: Easiest way to handle returns on stealth account without using outside services?

Over time you'll have to work out the most efficient return process for your particular operation, because what's best for one niche may not work as well for another niche.

I know you're saying you'd rather not use an external service but in my opinion that's really the easiest way to handle returns. I simply email the buyer a return label from within stamps.com and wait for the return to arrive. Since I'm using stamps.com I use my actual home address for returns across all accounts. It's so easy.

If you insist on using eBay to manage your returns and shipping labels, it would be best for you to rent a PO Box or a UPS store box (or something similar) so you can attach a return address to your eBay account without having to use your formerly banned (I'm assuming, since you're here) address. Once you have one of those set up you would just go into your eBay profile, add your new return address, and (optionally) delete the old stealth return address. Then you would easily be able to accept returns and create return shipping labels for buyers from within eBay.

If this is an instance where the buyer will be paying the return postage costs, it may be best for you to email the buyer (outside of eBay) with your return shipping address. Since you didn't specify I figured I would present this scenario also. Another option is to save your shipping address as an image from within Microsoft Paint and then upload the image to your buyer's return request. This is how I usually handle returns where the buyer accidentally purchased the wrong model item, or any other scenario where I'm not obligated to pay for return shipping.

Does any of this make sense?
Old 01-22-2017
Threadstarter  

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 42%
Default Re: Easiest way to handle returns on stealth account without using outside services?

Quote:
Originally Posted by phaz0rz View Post
Over time you'll have to work out the most efficient return process for your particular operation, because what's best for one niche may not work as well for another niche.

I know you're saying you'd rather not use an external service but in my opinion that's really the easiest way to handle returns. I simply email the buyer a return label from within stamps.com and wait for the return to arrive. Since I'm using stamps.com I use my actual home address for returns across all accounts. It's so easy.

If you insist on using eBay to manage your returns and shipping labels, it would be best for you to rent a PO Box or a UPS store box (or something similar) so you can attach a return address to your eBay account without having to use your formerly banned (I'm assuming, since you're here) address. Once you have one of those set up you would just go into your eBay profile, add your new return address, and (optionally) delete the old stealth return address. Then you would easily be able to accept returns and create return shipping labels for buyers from within eBay.

If this is an instance where the buyer will be paying the return postage costs, it may be best for you to email the buyer (outside of eBay) with your return shipping address. Since you didn't specify I figured I would present this scenario also. Another option is to save your shipping address as an image from within Microsoft Paint and then upload the image to your buyer's return request. This is how I usually handle returns where the buyer accidentally purchased the wrong model item, or any other scenario where I'm not obligated to pay for return shipping.

Does any of this make sense?
Yes thank you so much I know there's a lot of different options... with stamps.com do you get the same kind of shipping discounts you do on ebay or is it more expensive? And going that route do you accept the return from ebay at all or do you just ignore that and email them the label?

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk