Need advice - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > WallStreetBets > Dropshipping & Wholesale Suppliers > Shipping Talk

Shipping Talk General discussions on shipping, customs, tracking, USPS, UPS, FedEx, DHL, EMS, etc.

Old 07-04-2017

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 45%
Default Need advice

2 months ago I got a letter from customs saying my package was seized due to counterfeit goods. I ignored it and was hoping they would just destroy the item (btw they were empty iphone boxes, was not even going to sell them just put the phone in it before shipping).Never heard from them.
But just today I got another letter from the ppl working for intellectual property of Aple saying I needed to respond to their letter within 10 days explaining who I got these boxes from etc etc.
I was going to tear it up and act like I never got it but I don't want them harassing me with further mails.
Should I respond to the letter playing dumb and say I don't know what youre talking about or should I "return to sender/ unknown recipient" after repacking the envelope properly.

Any advice would be helpful
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 07-04-2017

Longevity: 42%
Default Re: Need advice

Quote:
Originally Posted by oethumb39 View Post
2 months ago I got a letter from customs saying my package was seized due to counterfeit goods. I ignored it and was hoping they would just destroy the item (btw they were empty iphone boxes, was not even going to sell them just put the phone in it before shipping).Never heard from them.
But just today I got another letter from the ppl working for intellectual property of Aple saying I needed to respond to their letter within 10 days explaining who I got these boxes from etc etc.
I was going to tear it up and act like I never got it but I don't want them harassing me with further mails.
Should I respond to the letter playing dumb and say I don't know what youre talking about or should I "return to sender/ unknown recipient" after repacking the envelope properly.

Any advice would be helpful
I received a letter from customs 2 years ago about items I ordered. I never responded and nothing ever came from it. The general consensus on these matters are to just ignore it. Do you have anymore details you can give? Value of items that were seized? Is it a lawfirm contacting you?
Old 07-04-2017
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gammzy98 View Post
I received a letter from customs 2 years ago about items I ordered. I never responded and nothing ever came from it. The general consensus on these matters are to just ignore it. Do you have anymore details you can give? Value of items that were seized? Is it a lawfirm contacting you?
yes it was a lawfirm letter. and the value of the items were $300 in total.
The letter was asking for supplier information, how many items I sold and to stop selling them in future. Also in the bottom of the letter was written if you believe this is in error you may contact us at the phone number.

Last edited by oethumb39; 07-04-2017 at 06:22 PM.
Old 07-04-2017

Longevity: 42%

Quote:
Originally Posted by oethumb39 View Post
yes it was a lawfirm letter. and the value of the items were $300 in total.
The letter was asking for supplier information, how many items I sold and to stop selling them in future. Also in the bottom of the letter was written if you believe this is in error you may contact us at the phone number.

While this is not a forum for legal advice, I would ignore it. Seems like a bait letter. I bet you are not the only one to receive a letter like this. They want to see how many people respond and then go from there. $300 is not a lot of money, I do not see them pursuing you. Again, you should seek legal advice from a professional in this field, but doing research on this, the general consensus is to ignore.
Old 07-04-2017
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,925 Times in 8,217 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

1. You want legal advice - seek an attorney - this is beyond the scope of the forum.

2. Unless you had to SIGN for the letter, this letter is not certified and...well, you either understand the implications or you don't.

3. Stop dealing with Apple goods or knock-offs - you aren't ready for this type of danger
Old 07-08-2017
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
2. Unless you had to SIGN for the letter, this letter is not certified and...well, you either understand the implications or you don't.
It was sent by ups and the doorman of the building signed for it.