Hello, I'm new here and would appreciate some advice. - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Subscriber Discussions

Subscriber Discussions The juicy stuff...

Old 04-03-2013
Subscribed [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 64%
Default Hello, I'm new here and would appreciate some advice.

Hi,

I have just had my ebay account indefinitely suspended, which I realise means forever. It was my fault really, I had too many negatives because I have been ill and not keeping on top of things.
I was just getting ready to get back into working when I received the email a couple of days ago saying it was too late!
If I had another way of making money I would take it but ebay is all I have and I really need to sell some things in the next week or I won't be able to pay my rent or buy food, it really is that urgent.
I have a friend who says I can use his ebay account but it's my only option so I don't want to do anything wrong and blow it by getting it connected to my old account.
I've bought and read the ebay stealth guide and think I understand it all but would appreciate some advice on some points.
Just for a start I'll ask this one - my friend lives 400 miles away from me so ebay will be able to pick up that the IP address isn't close enough to the physical address. Should I use a VPN to counteract that, assuming I can get one that is close to his physical address, or is there another way?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 04-03-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Please avoid what you think appears to be a nice lifeline of a friend's info & account.

It is not wise to do this. Make your own account and avoid damaging your friendship.

There is no reason to use a VPN in a country like the UK as well.

If you have our book, please send an email to

support@auctionstealth.com

We can activate your subscription to really get you going back on ebay.
Old 04-03-2013
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Hello, thank you for taking the time to reply to me, I appreciate it. I've emailed support with my code from the purchase of the book, thanks for the advice there.

My reasons for preferring to use my friend's account are that it is an established account and has sold a few of the same items I need to sell so would seem quite normal to ebay if they were to look. The risk of damaging our friendship is minimal as I let him use an account of mine 7 years ago when he was banned and he managed to lose that for me when it was linked a year later. Our friendship survived that :-)

I just want to do everything I can to make sure his account isn't linked to the one I just lost. I really need an account that I can sell at least £400 per week on asap or I will lose my home.
Old 04-03-2013
Executive [VIP]

Ah, this is I want advice but I am not going to take it type of thread?

So be it.

You do not need a VPN to operate in the UK.

Read more of the forum where you will find it stated that IP addresses can be located in different locations without issues.

Read more of the forum where it is also state VPN are not such a bright idea for paypal/ebay.

Please do not play the sympathy card of losing a house either. We have dozens of others on this forum faced with the same horror because of ebay & paypal's nasty practices.
It hurts worse than a broken leg to think our home might be taken away.

However if we have a good chance to get back to ebay/paypal, and the forum can show you, then that is a recommended way.

Define this supposedly wonderful account then/ What is its status?

Is it active, has it violations, what are you doing about receiving payments?

Old 04-03-2013
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Please don't think I won't take advice, I wouldn't be asking if I wasn't open to what others have to say.
I have spent hours reading the forum, it's just that there are so many threads to go through.
I'm also not trying to play a sympathy card, no one here knows me personally so I wouldn't expect anyone to feel sympathy, I just said that to illustrate why I am in such a hurry to get back to selling. I have no other way of making an income and no savings to back me up, just stating btw, not looking for sympathy.

The things that I have read here on this forum have lead me to believe if I had a brand new account I would have to take things very slowly before I could really earn any money. That's one of the reasons I wanted to use an existing account that has no limits on it or the Paypal account connected to it. The account is about 5 years old, has around 400 positives, no negatives, and no violations. It has mainly been used to buy but also sell a few used video games, which is what I sell.

I asked about the VPN because I read on here that ebay can tell is you are too far away from where the account is registered, which in this case is about 400 miles. I did wonder if ebay could detect if I was using a VPN and then become suspicious.

Once again I want to reiterate that I am grateful for and will pay heed to any advice given. I haven't been near my friend's account yet, even though he insists it's ok, because I want to do the safest thing. We were both able to get back on ebay in 2007 when the last account was suspended but I am sure ebay have changed their tactics on tracking since then.
Old 04-04-2013

Longevity: 65%

Not sure why you would go away to hospital and leave auctions online.....Is someone telling porkys...

Your at the right place anyway instead of making £400 a week to cover rent expect to make 10 times that eventually...
Old 04-04-2013

Longevity: 77%
Send a message via MSN to Imposter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutant View Post
Not sure why you would go away to hospital and leave auctions online.....Is someone telling porkys...

Your at the right place anyway instead of making £400 a week to cover rent expect to make 10 times that eventually...
- All correct

I'll give you some advice: Time = money & vice versa money = time so the more time you put in the more money you get back, setting a target of £400 per week means you will get £300 but target £4000 & can earn £3000 using TIME as your allies.
Old 04-04-2013
Executive [VIP]

Couple of points to consider.

Topic of thread is a request by a new user for advice to start again in Stealth.

Topic of thread was not the selling powers of any one user.

Posts so unrelated to topic deleted.

And for the benefit of those who think they know, UK law requires taxes to be paid when earnings are over a certain amount.
No posts anti paying taxes are happening.

Back to the topic thanks.
The Following User Says Thank You to GreenBean For This Useful Post:
Imposter (04-04-2013)
Old 04-05-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

@OP, I have made accounts 400+ miles away using a local IP - as long as in the same country, seems to be fine. While it looks best for local IP to the account, eB has been ok for me with this kind of setup
Old 04-06-2013
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Thanks for your reply rsot, I appreciate it.
Old 04-06-2013
Executive [VIP]

IP difference to the actual street address is seldom an issue.

To set your mind at ease, tonight I am (apparently) accessing the computer from an supposed location a mere 600 miles away.

I know for sure that is not right.

When you are operating in stealth mode, paypal/ebay look for certain things. That's why we suggest making a user account to contain cookies etc. Provided 'that' is seen at sign on, there are not often problems.
Old 04-06-2013

Longevity: 77%
Send a message via MSN to Imposter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean™ View Post

When you are operating in stealth mode, paypal/ebay look for certain things. That's why we suggest making a user account to contain cookies etc. Provided 'that' is seen at sign on, there are not often problems.
Don't know if it helps or not but when I'm on an account registered in for example 'Birmingham' I access sites from around that area e.g Birmingham city FC site & browse on that so if they are looking where I've been its relative to the location of the account.
Old 04-06-2013

Longevity: 82%

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
@OP, I have made accounts 400+ miles away using a local IP - as long as in the same country, seems to be fine. While it looks best for local IP to the account, eB has been ok for me with this kind of setup
Same here, I have accounts all over the country, in every state.
Old 04-07-2013

Longevity: 69%

I usually try to keep it within 300 miles of address, but I have done 600 miles before with no problems.
Old 04-07-2013
Speeder33

Longevity: 0%

Quote:
Originally Posted by corleone View Post
Same here, I have accounts all over the country, in every state.
can also report that I do the same, live on one side of the country and I sometimes make accounts all the way on the other side