anyone else in the UK had packages seized by customs this week? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > WallStreetBets > Dropshipping & Wholesale Suppliers > Shipping Talk

Shipping Talk General discussions on shipping, customs, tracking, USPS, UPS, FedEx, DHL, EMS, etc.

Closed Thread

Old 04-18-2011

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 80%
Default anyone else in the UK had packages seized by customs this week?

I have had 3 different packages seized by customs this last week, all packages sent in different names to different address to different town/areas!

All sent by EMS and send from two different suppliers... just wondered if anyone else has had the same experience this week!?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 04-18-2011

Longevity: 75%
Send a message via MSN to ShadyOne

How long have you been importing these goods?

Items being delayed by customes is normal, being seized is mostly down to the content of the package, could also be under valued by your supplier.

Are the items 100% genuine?
Have you ever received items that have been under valued from these suppliers?
What sort of info did you receive saying they had been seized?

Last edited by ShadyOne; 04-18-2011 at 07:24 AM.
Old 04-18-2011

Longevity: 81%

Haven't got any packages landing until next week if they get seized i'll let you know.
Old 04-18-2011
Threadstarter  

got customs letter to each address this week...

been importing this sort of stuff for 5/6 years now with only 1/2 package EVER confiscated!

just wondered if this was a major crackdown which anyone else has experienced? just bad look or just a phase customs are going through?
Old 04-18-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willkeelham View Post
got customs letter to each address this week...

been importing this sort of stuff for 5/6 years now with only 1/2 package EVER confiscated!

just wondered if this was a major crackdown which anyone else has experienced? just bad look or just a phase customs are going through?
This is why I asked those questions, if you have been doing this for 5/6 years with no problem then perhaps changes have been put into place at customs, perhaps the changes have effected the type of items you are importing

If they are 100% legit then I would not worry about it...

Old 04-18-2011
Threadstarter  

i am afraid the items are all VERO items.... hence why i won't be seeing them again lol!
Old 04-18-2011

Quote:
i am afraid the items are all VERO items.... hence why i won't be seeing them again lol!
I though they might be to be honest Vero does not mean phake but I get you! Vero items can also be real on e bay

I would shed some and then change your import addresses as they could now be blacklisted.

Customs are now keeping themselves warm, having an early bonfire!

I really hope it didn't cost you too much!

Old 04-18-2011
Threadstarter  

to be honest slim shady... the items are as u suspect! lol...

i have ordered some more stuff this week via EMS to different addresses, will keep the listing updated to if it passes or not...
Old 04-19-2011
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 76%

Simple answer to this question really isnt there....DONT SELL ⊗⊗⊗⊗
Old 04-19-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imakemoney View Post
Simple answer to this question really isnt there....DONT SELL ⊗⊗⊗⊗
I think the thread has ran its course anyway, he didn't ask us if he should sell them.

Still, I agree with you.

Old 04-19-2011

Longevity: 77%

just received letters today as well. last monday shippment was put on hold. i called DHL, tried to follow it up they said not to worry is just a minor hub delay...until today ...
Uk customs are clampping down real bad - gotta luv cameron - i can also confirm 2 more friends have the same issue with cds/dvds/soft/fitness products and some electronics.
For now i can surely say DVDs, CDs, MS, fitness products = big nono

-the letters come recorded delivery - good thing there was no one home to sign for it and the postman just delivered it anyways (so there is no record of it being delivered on the royal mail system)- i am thinking to just seal'em back and return it as 'non-exsitent at this address' or should i jsut toss them in the bin?
-the letters say clearly there were sample taken from the orders and inspected by the copyrights owners and they ask for a reply in writing to destroy the goods.

This is the FIRST TIME this has happened to me in the last 3 years +

Should i just throw the letters away and ignore all corespondence or just re seal and return as 'non existent' at this address?? Problem is one of the letter is from EMI music who operate under virgin records now and i use virgin broadband - they can easily cross reference.. damn it..

i also spoke to a cousin of mine from manchester - he always uses fedex , don ask me why, but i can confirm all his deliveries for the last 2 weeks been without delay or problems - DO NOT START USING FEDEX NOW FOR YOUR DELIVERIES JUST BECAUSE HE GOT AWAY WITH IT THIS TIME - there is no way to know for sure until more people post on this forums.
Old 04-19-2011

^^^

It is a risky game though isn't it, you have had 3 years of doing this, possibly time to get out before things get even worse?

The Following User Says Thank You to ShadyOne For This Useful Post:
aalexander (12-01-2016)
Old 04-19-2011
Threadstarter  

can anyone confirm they have received vero packages this week from CHINA? maybe this is a new major crackdown to stop all vero good entering the country?
Old 04-19-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willkeelham View Post
can anyone confirm they have received vero packages this week from CHINA? maybe this is a new major crackdown to stop all vero good entering the country?
Your suspicions are true, a lot of people have recently reported customs 'cracking down' on fa ke merchandise coming into the UK.

Your customs letter will be in the post to you soon if you haven't got it yet...:D

Old 04-20-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
Your suspicions are true, a lot of people have recently reported customs 'cracking down' on fa ke merchandise coming into the UK.

Your customs letter will be in the post to you soon if you haven't got it yet...:D

there is no letter from the customs. the letters come straight from the copyright owners@ emi music, dolby, beachbody, MS.
if your parcels come from china/singapore/japan and are delayed by one week + say bye bye (especially if you used DHL or EMS)- the delay is caused by them having to receive and inspect the samples from your orders.
i do not know if incoming parcels from other countries are affected also..

i remember some one was telling me last year that he read somewhere that the Uk customs were upgrading their scanning equipment,etc... maybe it just came into effect - this is not confirmed and do not take my word for it

or maybe is just a temporary crackdown - we need more info and time will tell...
Old 04-20-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnd View Post
there is no letter from the customs. the letters come straight from the copyright owners@ emi music, dolby, beachbody, MS.
if your parcels come from china/singapore/japan and are delayed by one week + say bye bye (especially if you used DHL or EMS)- the delay is caused by them having to receive and inspect the samples from your orders.
i do not know if incoming parcels from other countries are affected also..

i remember some one was telling me last year that he read somewhere that the Uk customs were upgrading their scanning equipment,etc... maybe it just came into effect - this is not confirmed and do not take my word for it

or maybe is just a temporary crackdown - we need more info and time will tell...
Once you received a letter from the copyright owners it means that customs have sent the goods to them for verification and thats why you have received a letter from them. eventually you will receive the customs letter. Beware!
Old 04-23-2011

Longevity: 79%

One of my friends has had packages taken, however another friend has successfully received them. This was the same product last week.
Old 04-26-2011
Threadstarter  

i have spoken to a few people/suppliers, some are saying it is strict because of the Royal Wedding? what do you lot reckon?
Old 04-26-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Longevity: 91%

whilst you have used different addresses and suppliers, its possible that the addresses or that of your suppliers are on a blacklist, if youve had prior seizures.

what the heg has royal wedding got to do with it?
Old 04-26-2011
Threadstarter  

all addresses have 100% not been blacklisted and never had previous seizures to these addresses...

not a clue, thats what two of my suppliers mentioned might be the cause. just trying to workout why all of a sudden all these packages have been taken.

Three of my different supplier have all said that they are getting 90-95% seizures to the UK in the last two weeks..
Old 04-30-2011

Activity: 17%
Longevity: 87%

Has anybody else had a problem over the last couple of weeks? I have only placed a few orders from China in the past but want to place a smallish order and am a bit scared to now.
Old 05-04-2011

Longevity: 76%

got a letter through today from customs saying that my items are going to get destroyed .... was wondering if anybody has received packages from dhgate recently and what shipping method they used?
Closed Thread