Do you use USPS pickup service? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > WallStreetBets > Dropshipping & Wholesale Suppliers > Shipping Talk

Shipping Talk General discussions on shipping, customs, tracking, USPS, UPS, FedEx, DHL, EMS, etc.

Old 08-26-2011

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 78%
Default Do you use USPS pickup service?

I have ship out anywhere from 10-20 packages daily. I can only hold about 5 in my hand. I walk in the post office like 3-4 times to unload everything. Im pretty well known at the post office have a good relationship with workers there. Which is a plus (free supplies!). But im tired of it having to drive there everyday and unload stuff.

I was wondering how many of you use the usps pick up service that usps offers. I ship out from multiple stealth accounts which means the address is different on the packages than where he is picking them up from. Would that matter?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 08-26-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoopHole View Post
I have ship out anywhere from 10-20 packages daily. I can only hold about 5 in my hand. I walk in the post office like 3-4 times to unload everything. Im pretty well known at the post office have a good relationship with workers there. Which is a plus (free supplies!). But im tired of it having to drive there everyday and unload stuff.

I was wondering how many of you use the usps pick up service that usps offers. I ship out from multiple stealth accounts which means the address is different on the packages than where he is picking them up from. Would that matter?
I doubt that the guy would be checking. Even if he saw he maybe wouldn't care, if he inquired you should have something made up already though just in case.
Overall I think you'd be fine. It's really no different than if you are unloading stuff at your post office, they also have the opportunity to see that the addresses are different.

I usually just say that I'm shipping a bunch of stuff for "a friend" if they do ask, but they haven't ever asked me.
The Following User Says Thank You to Hrad For This Useful Post:
LoopHole (08-26-2011)
Old 08-26-2011
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 91%

I use it every day and wouldnt do it any other way. I use 2 different addresses but they are close by on the same street. Dont think it matters really. They dont look at them. If it is a problem they will say something. They dont come to the door unless you request it so they will probably just take them.

I cant believe you havent done this sooner. The 1st day I used it was the last time I went to the PO. Even if you just have 1 pkg you are okay. Its free. Plus those supplies will be delivered to your house for free too. They have more supply options online than what the PO has on hand anyway.

Do it once and you will NEVER go to the PO again.
LoopHole (08-26-2011)
Old 08-26-2011
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingRay View Post
I use it every day and wouldnt do it any other way. I use 2 different addresses but they are close by on the same street. Dont think it matters really. They dont look at them. If it is a problem they will say something. They dont come to the door unless you request it so they will probably just take them.

I cant believe you havent done this sooner. The 1st day I used it was the last time I went to the PO. Even if you just have 1 pkg you are okay. Its free. Plus those supplies will be delivered to your house for free too. They have more supply options online than what the PO has on hand anyway.

Do it once and you will NEVER go to the PO again.
I thought about using it before, but the post office is literally 30 seconds away from my house. I could walk there. But im getting more lazy and more busy everyday. Looks like i will start using the pick up service. What kind of supplies do they offer for free? I really need the free tape :D
Old 08-26-2011
Executive [VIP]

If they give you tape then take all you can. THey stopped giving tape away in 2004 or 2005. I have tried many ways to get tape with no luck. I even had relatives that work for the USPS and they say there is no way.

If you get it then just enjoy it. lol

As for supplies. go on the USPS site and you will see all the new supplies that are available. One new one that is awesome for me is the larger legal sized flat rate envelopes and they new bubble padded priority bags. awesome.

They really have tons of different box sizes you probably never even heard about. Most are only available online. They take about 2 weeks in some cases to be delivered to your doorstep so take that into consideration if you need them fast.
Old 08-26-2011
Threadstarter  

Quote:
If they give you tape then take all you can. THey stopped giving tape away in 2004 or 2005. I have tried many ways to get tape with no luck. I even had relatives that work for the USPS and they say there is no way.

If you get it then just enjoy it. lol

As for supplies. go on the USPS site and you will see all the new supplies that are available. One new one that is awesome for me is the larger legal sized flat rate envelopes and they new bubble padded priority bags. awesome.

They really have tons of different box sizes you probably never even heard about. Most are only available online. They take about 2 weeks in some cases to be delivered to your doorstep so take that into consideration if you need them fast.
Thanks for sharing this! Im really in need of the larger flat rate envelopes. Ordering them now
Old 08-26-2011
Executive [VIP]

Yeah I try to squeeze every inch out of the standard ones and saw oneday that they had longer ones. that alone saves me $5 per package since I can get them into those at the same price.
Old 08-26-2011
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Yeah I try to squeeze every inch out of the standard ones and saw oneday that they had longer ones. that alone saves me $5 per package since I can get them into those at the same price.
Hahaha i've tired squeezing so much things into the regular flat rate envelopes. I tried every possible way but the envelope always ripped. You my friend just saved me a lot of money! Thank you!
Old 08-26-2011

Longevity: 76%

I use to put a note in the mailbox asking to pick up all the packages next to front door, and i have been doing this for so long the person just comes to the front door (10-15 feet from mailbox) and picks them up. i do tip every once in a while. i have built a relationship with out usps drivers and the actual location. comes in handy