Anyone else expericing USPS shipping delays? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > WallStreetBets > Dropshipping & Wholesale Suppliers > Shipping Talk

Shipping Talk General discussions on shipping, customs, tracking, USPS, UPS, FedEx, DHL, EMS, etc.

Old 01-30-2014
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 7%
Longevity: 66%
Default Anyone else expericing USPS shipping delays?

Been having quite a few packages here in CA being scanned in then being processed for departure the Airport then going missing for anywhere from like 5-7 days then all of a sudden showing up. These are all USPS Priority mail.

All the packages are going to East Coast or Midwest. So I thought weather might be playing a role in this. But don't see any announcements on the USPS website. Curious if anyone else is having similar issues. I want to say this has happened on about 4 or 5 packages the past few weeks.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 01-30-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 96%
Default Re: Anyone else expericing USPS shipping delays?

TBH, I am now starting to think something happens on the East Coast especially around the Gulf area.

Like you mentioned, vogeltron, the parcels vanish.

Might add this is the 3rd year running of USPS issues with East Coast delivery.

Sighs.

Old 01-30-2014

Thanked 1,595 Times in 1,075 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 65%

I ship all priority from lat January thru September was near perfect, from October and still even now after the holidays about 20 packages have vanished some completely and others the tracking has been so bad when it got 10 days out from Xmas and items still didn't scan in after3 to 4 days I had to just ship out about 8 new ones only to see tracking go from 0 to delivered in one day , I let them keep both just to keep everyone happy

But still month after the holidays I'm still having issues, not as many but it kills me when that initial scan doesn't come in it looks like I'm lazy to the buyer and just printed the postage and never delivered and I hate trying to explain because if I was the buyer I'd think I was lying

Its a lot cheaper with USPS at list for my small packages but soon just all the extras and putting accounts at risk puts there cost now way up and may need to look into another service
Old 01-30-2014
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Activity: 7%
Longevity: 66%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmshark25 View Post
I ship all priority from lat January thru September was near perfect, from October and still even now after the holidays about 20 packages have vanished some completely and others the tracking has been so bad when it got 10 days out from Xmas and items still didn't scan in after3 to 4 days I had to just ship out about 8 new ones only to see tracking go from 0 to delivered in one day , I let them keep both just to keep everyone happy

But still month after the holidays I'm still having issues, not as many but it kills me when that initial scan doesn't come in it looks like I'm lazy to the buyer and just printed the postage and never delivered and I hate trying to explain because if I was the buyer I'd think I was lying

Its a lot cheaper with USPS at list for my small packages but soon just all the extras and putting accounts at risk puts there cost now way up and may need to look into another service
If you are having problems with original scan ins I would consider dropping off at another post off or switch it up. To find out what is reliable. Honestly, I have several post office's in my greater area I will no longer drop off at. The smaller more rural ones I always have more hassle with. Got lucky and found a few post offices along my highway I drive, that have those 24 hour drop boxes. So I drop packages off at night and fill up the box. Never had a problem with those or a larger post office with a bulk mailing dock on the side I drop off at.

But I am at the point now I no longer give to a driver, etc. They don't know wtf they they are doing. I had one a few days ago a single package small enough to fit in my mail box. Done it many times before put the flag up and they scanned it and on its way. This time the idiot driver scans it as delivered in the zip code of my house. Package was gone when I got home. Been two days and haven't got the item returned to me at my Box or have any update on the tracking.

Recently, my problems have been items get to like the airport area that they ship out of. And I am having huge delays like 4-7 days in the time it says it is leaving that area to the time the package is finally updated and scanned in at the receiving area close to them.