Can't list & have ebay/paypal problems - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Subscriber Discussions

Subscriber Discussions The juicy stuff...

Old 04-16-2009

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 88%
Default Can't list & have ebay/paypal problems

Ya, I received the same message from eBay and Paypal, and both eBay accounts using the same Paypal account got suspended, asking me to go into Paypal to proceed with a lot of things, including fax them my suppliers' information, my SSN... etc

I am still baffled with what causes this, I used eBay Stealth created these eBay accounts and Paypal account 2 months ago, and they have been working fine since then. In the same day, I received an "item not as described" dispute in Paypal from one of the eBay account. Could this be the reason ? Only one dispute, and they cut me off ?

What really frustrated me is when I enter my SSN (I use my friend's SSN, and I know it's correct), yet Paypal reply with unconfirmed SSN ??? What's going on ?

Any one can shed some light on this ? What should I do ? Continue negotiating with Paypal, or just leave it and created another account using eBay Stealth ?

Thanks for any info in advance ...
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 04-16-2009
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyl797 View Post

What really frustrated me is when I enter my SSN (I use my friend's SSN, and I know it's correct), yet Paypal reply with unconfirmed SSN ??? What's going on ?

Any one can shed some light on this ? What should I do ? Continue negotiating with Paypal, or just leave it and created another account using eBay Stealth ?

Thanks for any info in advance ...
paypal realize CORRECTLY that the SSN is not correct. HTF will paypal accept the SSN for Joe Brown when the account is in the name of Mike Smith who has a different SSN. See your problem? Where did it say in eBay Stealth to do that? NOWHERE.
Old 04-16-2009
Executive [VIP]

...and save yourself some trouble by using only one paypal account with one ebay account

If this were your case, then you would have had one more account that good right now.
Old 04-16-2009

Longevity: 87%

I agree,

Not smart to use somebody else his ssn if the account is not under the same name. I think this account is toast, or you will need to find somebody with the same name as your stealth account and get his ssn. No Chance so just start to make a new account or better accounts. Never smart to only have one, read the book again and just start from 0. 30 days and your back in the game.

Goodluck
Old 04-16-2009

Longevity: 95%

And i belive when they verfiy ssn it must have a address matching the ssn. I know my G/f signed up for a debit card online and when we used here ssn and the new home we live at they called a few days later and would not ship the card till she contacted them cause the ssn address was at her moms address even though she didnt live at home for about 3-4 years.
Old 04-19-2009
Subscribed [VIP]

I think you might as well burn those accounts. After giving the false SSN, which by the way you shouldn't do, they know they are dealing with a false account.

I've heard from others that having 2 eBay account to one Paypal isn't a bad thing.
Old 04-19-2009
Executive [VIP]

Its not a bad thing.

It only gets bad when one account goes down for whatever reason, the other account will go down also.

We're taught not to do that

And you're left with...
Old 04-20-2009

Longevity: 91%

It makes sense having 2 ebay accounts to one paypal when you are selling vero. You save yourself trouble of getting all new info when opening account. Selling vero will have your auctions removed sooner or later, so than this system comes in handy because you can let that account cool off and sell on the other. However, you also must know that if one account gets suspended, you are losing both.
Old 04-21-2009
Threadstarter  

Thanks , Lyda, I couldn't say it more clearer about why having 2 accounts using the same paypal account.

Yet, I really don't understand why my paypal account got suspended just because of 1 dispute ? And when I try to enter the exact SSN of my friend who registered the paypal account for me , Paypal says the SSN is not a confirmed SSN ? But the one I entered is the correct SSN of my friend's. and he never registered any other Paypal account before.
Old 04-21-2009
Vicvelcro

Longevity: 0%

Is the paypal account in question registered in your friend's name? If it is not the same name as the ssn, it won't work. There are databases they compare against. They make sure the number you give matches the name you applied with.

Also, the SNAD likely includes an accusation of f***ness. If my guess about that is correct, you're account is toast. Butter it up and kiss it goodbye.
Old 04-22-2009
Threadstarter  

Yes, I entered exactly the same SSN of my friend who registered this paypal account, I know it's correct, because I see his SSN card. Paypal responded with unconfirmed SSN ???

I think so , this Paypal account is toast, I am on my way to my new account anyway .. Yet, Paypal is very disappointing, if they ask for SSN, why can't they truly verify the SSN number ...

Anyway, Kiss it goodbye ... And you know what, eBay accounts using this payupal account can not collect ebay fees any more, eBay send emails to me asking me to go into eBay and follow the steps to pay for fees, but I can not get into these accounts any more, they are suspended, since they are suspended, why pay for the outstanding fees ? I will just let it go and kiss goodbye .... Ha ...
Old 04-22-2009
Vicvelcro

I had something like this happen ONE time quite a while back. SS was valid, but they couldn't verify. I called them and they said fax a copy of the card to them with some other ID. I did so (because I had what they wanted), and everything was all good within a couple of hours.

If it is worth your time and if you have what they will want, then do it. No biggie. If it isn't critical or if you can't produce documentation, then kiss it bye-bye.

Don't believe for a moment that ebay can't get those funds from paypal. If you have money in the PP account and you had it set up for automatic fee payment, the only thing that will save you is if the bank account used with paypal no longer exists. If it exists but is empty, get ready for an assload of NSF fees.

Best advice, if you CAN fix this, do it. If not, then close any bank accounts attached to Paypal FAST. No joke.
Old 04-22-2009

Send a message via AIM to lakeman Send a message via MSN to lakeman Send a message via Yahoo to lakeman

That's good advice vicvelcro. I must also add that's a bad idea to not pay the fees if the account is in your real name, especially now that they have your friends social!
Old 04-22-2009
Vicvelcro

I wasn't suggesting he should close the bank in order to stiff ebay. I guess I wasn't quite clear.

Close the bank to avoid all the NSF. Pay ebay fees with VCC.
Old 04-22-2009

Send a message via AIM to lakeman Send a message via MSN to lakeman Send a message via Yahoo to lakeman

I know vicvelcro, I was directing that towards this line.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyl797 View Post
And you know what, eBay accounts using this payupal account can not collect ebay fees any more, eBay send emails to me asking me to go into eBay and follow the steps to pay for fees, but I can not get into these accounts any more, they are suspended, since they are suspended, why pay for the outstanding fees ? I will just let it go and kiss goodbye .... Ha ...
Old 04-22-2009
Vicvelcro

I see, now. My bad.
Old 04-22-2009

No worries! :D