Warning for closing my ebay account! I need immediate help please!!!! - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Subscriber Discussions

Subscriber Discussions The juicy stuff...

Old 08-15-2009

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 88%
Default Warning for closing my ebay account! I need immediate help please!!!!

I have an account which is not connected in any way to some of my other accounts or to an old account - all different names, address, phone, bank, cc, ip and user account on my computer. When I opened the account I was waiting for 3 months before I start selling and I started easy with a few small things and first I bought a few things. I have like 11 points. Today I received the following message from ebay:

Dear......,

Thank you for selling on eBay. In order to maintain a safe and secure online marketplace, eBay may require additional verification for newer sellers from time to time. Your listings have been placed on hold until we can speak with you.

To prevent your account from being closed, please contact an eBay representative within the next 48 hours by following these steps:

1. Call us toll-free at 1-866-643-2959
2. When prompted to enter your telephone PIN, enter 123456.

Our offices are open:
5am to 10pm PST Monday - Friday
6am to 6pm PST Saturday - Sunday

Please note that a copy of this message was also sent to your My Messages. To confirm this, please log into your account and view My Messages.

We appreciate your cooperation in verifying your account as quickly as possible, and we welcome you as a valued member of our trading community.

Sincerely,

eBay Trust & Safety team

Have anyone ever received this message before? Should I call? Does anyone have any idea what they might ask me? All the information in this account is totally bogus of course.

PLEASE HELP FAST!

Thank you!
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 08-15-2009
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Never had that. BUT you have the info about the account, don't you??
All ebay is trying is to confirm you are who you are.... bit of a scare tactic.
If you feel confident enought contact them and set them straight.

Just as a matter of interest, could you upload a copy of the message? I would like to check it out...cheers
Old 08-15-2009

Longevity: 89%

Regular screening process, some people do get this kind of message. is it a MC010 Notice?

Is the phone# on-file still valid? Is the registered address a real address that can be located by GPS or Google Map?

Get a Tracfone and locate all the stealth account info, then call. They'll probably just need to verify some account info.

If you get further notice after you talk to them, such as they want restrict something, more proof, or no matter what, let us know.
Old 08-15-2009
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean View Post
Never had that. BUT you have the info about the account, don't you??
All ebay is trying is to confirm you are who you are.... bit of a scare tactic.
If you feel confident enought contact them and set them straight.

Just as a matter of interest, could you upload a copy of the message? I would like to check it out...cheers
This is the exact message I received from ebay and just made a copy and paste.
Old 08-15-2009
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluemoon999 View Post
Regular screening process, some people do get this kind of message. is it a MC010 Notice?

Is the phone# on-file still valid? Is the registered address a real address that can be located by GPS or Google Map?

Get a Tracfone and locate all the stealth account info, then call. They'll probably just need to verify some account info.

If you get further notice after you talk to them, such as they want restrict something, more proof, or no matter what, let us know.
I changed the phone last night with a valid one, right after I received this message. I know that it wasn't the best idea, but I had no choice. But the address is real.
Old 08-15-2009
Threadstarter  

The strangest thing is that i didn't even know that I have a message in my ebay mailbox - it wasn't showing that I received a new message. I had to open my messages because I was looking for an old pm and I was really surprised to see this one. When ebay limits your account there is usually a warning when you open your My ebay page on the top of the page. There was nothing now, but they canceled all my new 3 listings. No reason shown for the cancellation - just canceled. But ebay canceled them after the bidding was over for 2 of my items. So the people paid me, I had the notifications in My ebay that I have to ship the items that were paid already, buyers can leave me feedback for these same 2 items that were canceled and sold. Usually when ebay cancel a listing, you can not sell it after that and all information about the canceled listing totally disappear from your account. Very strange.
Old 08-15-2009

Your listings are placed on hold only. They are not removed. If they don't get the expected verification, the new listings will be canceled automatically.

Maybe the invalid phone# triggered it or something else. Hope the new phone# you just added has never been used on eBay paypal before.

Have you contacted them?
Old 08-16-2009
Threadstarter  

Maybe is the phone. They told me that somebody from ebay tried to call me and the phone they were calling wasn't working. It was a temporary account phone for call forwarding. Now they need from me id and utility bill for verification. I know that ebay can not check the id if it's real or not, but can they check if the utility bill is real?
Old 08-16-2009
Vicvelcro

Longevity: 0%

Nope. You're all good.
Old 08-16-2009

It happened to me before. Invalid phone# is the reason. Not a big deal. Now it's your manipulate time!
Old 08-16-2009

Longevity: 90%

PS the info on any real bill you have... scan, use the clone brush to remove unwanted info then input your ⊗⊗⊗⊗ info.

Tip: often when you scan a letter and use the text tool to write something new, it'll look blatantly different (the text will be so much clearer than the rest of the scanned invoice).

Two fixes:
1- Apply a Gaussian blur filter to the text later (5px will do fine)
2- Copy paste individuals letters already on the bill. It will preserve the lookm and you won`t have to figure out if the font you used is the right one.

Maybe I'm a bit paranoid but I won't send ⊗⊗⊗⊗ bills until it looks "authentic", that is even to my trained eye, unless I ran a pixel verification filter for hours to find flaws, I couldn't tell the difference.

Good luck
Old 08-18-2009
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLord View Post
PS the info on any real bill you have... scan, use the clone brush to remove unwanted info then input your ⊗⊗⊗⊗ info.

Tip: often when you scan a letter and use the text tool to write something new, it'll look blatantly different (the text will be so much clearer than the rest of the scanned invoice).

Two fixes:
1- Apply a Gaussian blur filter to the text later (5px will do fine)
2- Copy paste individuals letters already on the bill. It will preserve the lookm and you won`t have to figure out if the font you used is the right one.

Maybe I'm a bit paranoid but I won't send ⊗⊗⊗⊗ bills until it looks "authentic", that is even to my trained eye, unless I ran a pixel verification filter for hours to find flaws, I couldn't tell the difference.

Good luck
Thanks. I made it perfect and I am sending all the documents today.