eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Subscriber Discussions (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/subscriber-discussions/)
-   -   NEW EBAY VERIFICATION SUSPENSIONS- MC010 - MC169 NOTICE: eBay Registration Suspension (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/subscriber-discussions/15082-new-ebay-verification-suspensions-mc010-mc169-notice-ebay-registration-suspension.html)

vetus 04-14-2010 09:17 PM

Get a female friend to do it or download a voice changer

NZT 04-15-2010 02:24 AM

The verification is so easy with ebay. I did it the other day and I felt "dissapointed" with just how easy it was.

The woman called me and asked me to provide a simple code, then she hung up!

I though I had blown it then I realised she had fully verified me. I had all my info ready to use and did not need it.

BUT it is better to have all the info to hand and not need it, than need it and not have it.

Stream 04-15-2010 08:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neo (Post 133319)
The verification is so easy with ebay. I did it the other day and I felt "dissapointed" with just how easy it was.

The woman called me and asked me to provide a simple code, then she hung up!

I though I had blown it then I realised she had fully verified me. I had all my info ready to use and did not need it.

BUT it is better to have all the info to hand and not need it, than need it and not have it.

I don't think your on the right page.
This one is where you have to call EB

sounds like your talking about the 4 digit code when EB calls you with an automatic voice "female" that gives you the code.

I would like to know what questions do they ask.

x2ruff4u 05-26-2010 05:17 AM

Wait till you get MC155. I hate it to death

arshavin 05-26-2010 08:38 AM

Are you guys from the UK still not having the problems the other people are having?

Also does this mean that having 2 new ebay accounts linked to 1 new paypal account is a terrible idea right?

jbluntz 05-26-2010 03:21 PM

^

From my experiences in the past days, it's mainly related to feedback. Sellers starting with 0 feedback are instantly limited. The more feedback you have, the more you can list ..there's probably a magic "out of the woods" number since none of my accounts over 30 feedback have received this limitation.[/QUOTE]

I think 30 is is the magic number, I noticed alot of my accounts can take alot of hits when they get over 30. I used to start selling with about 10, I'm gonna start bumping it up to 30 before I list and see if I ever get hit.

arsgunner77 05-26-2010 04:09 PM

]From my experiences in the past days, it's mainly related to feedback. Sellers starting with 0 feedback are instantly limited. The more feedback you have, the more you can list ..there's probably a magic "out of the woods" number since none of my accounts over 30 feedback have received this limitation

duhhhhhhhhh!!! and just cuz you have a certain amount of feedback,it does not mean you will never get limited,my last 2 accounts that got limited both had over 100 feedback,i built them up with low priced items,accounts were 2 and 5 months old,and i still got limited,if it makes you less paranoid about more feedback you have will not get you limited,more power to you but that is false

but its not true at all,no one knows how ebay does this new verification thing,stealth is slowly coming to end..gonna have to start using real info from friends and family if you want to last

everything i say is from my own experience,any new account regardless of feedback is going to get hit with this limitation if you try and sell,plain and simple..what im going to try is make a new account with all real info and see what happens

yeff 05-28-2010 07:25 AM

Hi, I have had 5 of the MC010 limitations within the past week, all on new accounts that have been sitting for at least 2 months. Got them as soon as I listed items, went through the process and after phone calls all have been unlimited. So as long as you have the correct information when they call it appears all is ok (hopefully).

arsgunner77 05-28-2010 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yeff (Post 141319)
Hi, I have had 5 of the MC010 limitations within the past week, all on new accounts that have been sitting for at least 2 months. Got them as soon as I listed items, went through the process and after phone calls all have been unlimited. So as long as you have the correct information when they call it appears all is ok (hopefully).

what type of info did you make with the accounts? like made up made up or real person info(not yers) i never ever get offered to ask questions via phone,always ask to fax in documents

jbluntz 05-28-2010 04:26 PM

That's because your talking about a different type of limitation a different version of MC010 the one we're talking about only happens after you list your first few items, if you get limited after you get a hundred feedback that's no problem at least you're able make a few thousand by then but the limitation that we're talking about you can't sell anything.

jbluntz 05-28-2010 04:33 PM

Here's a copy of the limitation we're talking about only applies to new sellers.

MC010 Notice: eBay Account Limited - Verify Identity

Thank you for selling on eBay. To maintain a safe and secure online marketplace, eBay may require additional verification for newer sellers from time to time. Your listings have been placed on hold until we can talk with you.

To prevent your account from being closed, please contact an eBay representative at 1-866-643-1608 within the next 48 hours.

Our offices are open: Monday - Friday 5am to 10pm PST & Saturday - Sunday 6am to 6pm PST

We appreciate your cooperation in verifying your account as quickly as possible and welcome you as a valued member of our trading community.

Sincerely,

eBay Trust & Safety team

arsgunner77 05-28-2010 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbuntz (Post 141403)
Here's a copy of the limitation we're talking about only applies to new sellers.

MC010 Notice: eBay Account Limited - Verify Identity

Thank you for selling on eBay. To maintain a safe and secure online marketplace, eBay may require additional verification for newer sellers from time to time. Your listings have been placed on hold until we can talk with you.

To prevent your account from being closed, please contact an eBay representative at 1-866-643-1608 within the next 48 hours.

Our offices are open: Monday - Friday 5am to 10pm PST & Saturday - Sunday 6am to 6pm PST

We appreciate your cooperation in verifying your account as quickly as possible and welcome you as a valued member of our trading community.

Sincerely,

eBay Trust & Safety team

do you know how to read? i get the same mc010 or whatever it is..same exact thing,i dont even care anymore,im retiring on ebay in 2-3 months,i have a few good accounts and will figure out the rest,im probably going have friends make me accounts in real info,im sick of fighting ebay,i do not want ebay as a career,8 years is enough for me,i have stuff lined up of what i want to do,so i want to quit ebay soon b4 it becomes a joke later down on the line..i think after summer time,its going to be much harder

yeff 06-03-2010 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arsgunner77 (Post 141374)
what type of info did you make with the accounts? like made up made up or real person info(not yers) i never ever get offered to ask questions via phone,always ask to fax in documents

It was just name, address,dob and what was I selling and why? All were stealth accounts.

dupedagain 06-30-2010 08:32 PM

great suggestion on one of the above threads was to do a background check on self to know your info...great website for background checking is Detailed Criminal Background Check - IntegraScan..it will give you full addresses, etc...search by social and it will give you more...it is a pay website but the initial scan is free and you will see how much info you get for free...also try Pipl - People Search or People Search by ZabaSearch - Honestly Free People Search

hamoudy339 07-01-2010 09:32 AM

Wow... just got hit with MC049, MC081 , & MC169.
They are asking for ID, address confirmation, and proof of items I am selling.

I have 20 FB and 100%. I can provide ID, but the address is not going to match. Can i tell them that i moved recently to an apartment builidng, and thats the reason for the difference? Any suggestions?

slapped 07-01-2010 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hamoudy339 (Post 148847)
Wow... just got hit with MC049, MC081 , & MC169.
They are asking for ID, address confirmation, and proof of items I am selling.

I have 20 FB and 100%. I can provide ID, but the address is not going to match. Can i tell them that i moved recently to an apartment builidng, and thats the reason for the difference? Any suggestions?

Absolutly, People DO Move. Ebay will want you to Update your Profile, But thats it.

However if the Address is associated to another Suspended Ebay account, your Done.

hamoudy339 07-01-2010 09:45 AM

Thansks Slapped... any ideas on utility bill/ CC statement? I dont think i can get one of those

What if i give them a Social Security card instead? :)

Blackhorse 07-01-2010 10:02 AM

Age doesnt matter, and neither does feedback - at least here in Aus. My last account was only limited because i hadnt verified my paypal (before i found this forum) and i sold over 4k in the first week. My first item sold for $1200, and that is what trigged the paypal limitation because the amount.

Its not had the limitation lifted and ive cashed out. The ebay account ook a week and a half to get limited, and was only limited because they realised i wasnt verified with paypal.

When i signed up both paypal and ebay were given the same prepaid card, and that was fine, no phone verification needed at all.

MtnDew 07-01-2010 01:24 PM

ummm this is disturbing but i havent dealt with any of this...i think people saying they have not is as important as people saying they have...give us a better idea of whats going on.

peghmeypong 07-08-2010 09:40 AM

Boogernaut, do you think you might be doing something different from other people? Identifying the triggers should be one of the top priorities.

Trimptop 07-08-2010 11:56 AM

I just got hit with a MC011 3 days ago. My account was opened May 11th, I was hit with a MC010 as soon as I listed my first item. I had to call and do phone verification, I passed, this is a real Ebay account under my husband's name. Then I had to fax over pictures of the item I was selling with my User ID in front to prove I had the item, it was a handbag I was listing, worth around $400-$500.
I got reinstated after about a week, once they received my fax with the pictures and a statement. I was selling and buying with no problems until three days ago and now I got hit with the MC011, why?
They want a picture of my husband's drivers license, CC Statement, photos of the items I was selling, they removed the 6 items I had listed. Everything else I sold, shipped and have great feedback, all 100%, 86 Positives Feedback for Buying and Selling. DSR rating is 17.
I was using my friends PP account and now she is suspended for good, my account got hit with the MC011 the same day her account was suspended. My question is, will they reinstate my Ebay account if I fax over some information or am I screwed because I was using her PP account and it's now suspended? Is it worth it to save the account? I really don't want to lose the account since it's a legit account and has all Positive Feedback.
I DO need to create a PP account, don't know how I am going to do that though, still trying to figure it out? I tried to create a Business account a few weeks ago under my husband's name and it was suspended as soon as I verified his Debit Card, so that screwed me.
I'm new at all of this, I'm reading Ebay Stealth and the forums but still need as much help as I can get.
Thanks

MtnDew 07-08-2010 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jodaco (Post 149961)
Boogernaut, do you think you might be doing something different from other people? Identifying the triggers should be one of the top priorities.

problem solving nice!...i dont know...i start with small things and then build on that.

btw right after this post i tried to list within 10days of creation and boom goes the dynamite...easy call later and im good.

Basically i think alot of it is common sense but there are plenty of long time posters here that give great advice. some might be just random checks but alot of the times you guys have to look over what your listing how you created the account and dont go nuts trying to get 1000's in your bank account within 90 days or in some cases probably 10days.

Post above says a guy sold a $1200 item...what do you expect? i'll start doing my own tests with accounts but the 10 day thing where limited for me i listed 2 dumb things too. I'll update as i go along. But I could use some help with some feedback as well.