Does anyone use Paymate? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Subscriber Discussions

Subscriber Discussions The juicy stuff...

Old 01-18-2010

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 85%
Default Does anyone use Paymate?

I just listed a few items with paymate as the only payment option. Does anyone else here use Paymate and if so have you had any problems receiving payments?

Do you guys state in the item description that you only accept Paymate, or do you just wait until the buyers receive the checkout info?

Thanks
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 01-18-2010
MU

Longevity: 91%
Send a message via AIM to First Edition Send a message via MSN to First Edition Send a message via Yahoo to First Edition Send a message via Skype™ to First Edition

I used paymate before... wasn't a fan. If someone has a credit/debit card, they can process the payment through paymate. In my opinion, I try to emphasize the return policy and eBay's buyer protection, without really mentioning payment methods.

For example, someone can ask you to take a money order, however you can't ask them. I still make a decent amount off of people wanting to pay with a check or money order... If I say I only accept one payment service, these people would not even ask.
Old 01-18-2010
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by First Edition View Post
I used paymate before... wasn't a fan. If someone has a credit/debit card, they can process the payment through paymate. In my opinion, I try to emphasize the return policy and eBay's buyer protection, without really mentioning payment methods.

For example, someone can ask you to take a money order, however you can't ask them. I still make a decent amount off of people wanting to pay with a check or money order... If I say I only accept one payment service, these people would not even ask.
Have you had any buyers not wanting to pay, because they did not realize that you did not accept paypal? I'm trying to figure out if buyers even pay attention to the payment options before they bid. What about moneybookers, have you tried using them?

Thanks

Last edited by Enigma; 01-18-2010 at 07:51 PM.
Old 01-18-2010
MU

Longevity: 91%
Send a message via AIM to First Edition Send a message via MSN to First Edition Send a message via Yahoo to First Edition Send a message via Skype™ to First Edition

I've noticed this isn't as big a deal as it used to be. Of course, eBay pushses buyers towards those who accept paypal, but don't let it get you down. I've been asked why I don't accept paypal... I simply explain their rates are too high, and I want to pass the savings on to my customers. And you can make a million positive reasons as to why you don't use them. Just be honest. The fact you communicate with the buyer is reassurance enough for most people who are paying.

On a lot of my accounts I do accept paypal. (I don't say paypal ONLY) My point is, it's not the only game in town.

I've never used moneybookers.
The Following User Says Thank You to First Edition For This Useful Post:
Enigma (01-18-2010)
Old 01-18-2010
Banned

I've used moneybookers before I thought it was great however customers didn't think the same. I even did a test and sold the same item with moneybookers and the other with PayPal & the bottom line is that people pay more from my experience with PayPal. I guess it depends on if the customer wants the products bad enough. I've heard everything excuse as why not to pay with moneybookers (credit card decline, they don't trust another company, why don't use except PayPal etc...) The way I see it PayPal is good unlimited accounts just let them age and everybody is happy.
Old 01-20-2010
Threadstarter  

A few items have ended and already have been paid by the buyers. From what I read, it takes paymate 1 business day for the funds to clear and another 3-4 days for the funds to get deposited into your bank account. It's been a full business day and the payments are still being processed. Does anyone know why the funds are still being processed? Also, are the buyers also notified when there payment has cleared? Or do they think that once they make there payment, it automatically clears? Thanks.

Last edited by Enigma; 01-20-2010 at 10:14 PM.