Am I in trouble?? PLEASE HELP - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Subscriber Discussions

Subscriber Discussions The juicy stuff...

Old 04-23-2010

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 85%
Default Am I in trouble?? PLEASE HELP

Hello,

I hope that I can find some help or any advice, because I am really worried about this.

The fact is that I was selling #### Microsoft Software last year with a stealth account. The account is burned now, but I have just recieved an Email from a Lawyers firm that Microsoft has instructed to start court proceeding aginst me.

All the infos they have are ####, but I was wondering if they can get my real infos since they'll start a legal action. All the Infos they have is my Stealth Ebay account infos (#### Name, #### Adress).

They said that they will start court proceedings if I refuse to be to a meeting at Microsoft Offces at Montreal.

The Email was sent to "Michel.B", and it says that a copy of the attached letter was sent by registred Mail. Ofcourse, this was sent to an adress that doesn't exist.

Can you please telle me if there is something to worry about, or I'm just paranoid?

Thank you
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 04-23-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,406 Times in 871 Posts
Longevity: 81%

Did you get a VERO Violation from Ebay? if no Just kill the bank account attached to the Accounts and sleep well.

If you go to the bank and cannot close the account it means that it is frozen, the only people that can do that is law enforcement, which means that you have a problem, how big of a problem depends on how much you sold, and how cooperative you are, (like telling them where you bought the goods)
Old 04-24-2010
Threadstarter  

Here is a copy of the letter I recieved (Some infos are blacked out)

In the letter they said that MS has evidence that I sold #### MS Software under XXXX Ebay Username. However, this user name doesn't exist anymore, it was suspended on November 2009.
I recieved a frst letter of cease and desist from an other Lawyer firm in January 2010. Ofcourse at this time I was not selling anymore with this account since it was suspended.
Then last week I recieved the letter above that says that MS has instructed them to pursue me if I will not be to their meeting. The crazy thing is I AM NOT SELLING WITH THIS ACCOUNT ANYMORE.

The strange thing is that I have made a search on the Paypal account related to this Ebay username, and all I found was 3 MS Office 2007 transaction, no more.

1- Do you think that MS will puruse me for a such Qty?
2- Also, are they able to link this account to other accounts I had at the same period, and that were suspended too? I mean I had 2 other ebay accounts that was selling the same products, but I have never recieved an EMail from MS or their lawyers in the email inbox of these 2 ebay accounts.

Last edited by suza; 04-24-2010 at 10:43 AM.
Old 04-24-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

What's the state of the info on the two other accounts? Are they suspended as well? You mentioned a C&D letter: did that come via the postal service or to an email address?
Old 04-24-2010
Threadstarter  

GreenBeen,
THe 2 other accounts were suspended too, not for a VERO Violation though. I never recieved an Email to any of these 2 other accounts.
When I recieved this EMail (above), they said that a registred letter was sent to the "stealth" adress. The stealth adress does not exist.

I have never recieved any correcspendance to my REAL adress, or to any Email adress. The correspandance was sent to M.XXXX (The name of the stealth account).

What do you think about it please.
Old 04-24-2010
MU

Longevity: 91%
Send a message via AIM to First Edition Send a message via MSN to First Edition Send a message via Yahoo to First Edition Send a message via Skype™ to First Edition

Of the LETTER? yikes..... Abort, abort....

I think the selling of keys is illegal, and is shouldn't be done.

Although, often times you could be selling legit retail copies, and these morons have no idea.
Old 04-25-2010

Longevity: 95%

If your accounts been banned and ur not selling no more and u used a stelth account then i wouldnt worry about it unless u have a real address on file they would have a hard time tracking you down and begin that your account was banned it would be a waste of time/money unless they got u under a new id selling the same thing.
Old 04-29-2010

Longevity: 81%

Here is what I'd do:

Close down paypal / ebay / bank accounts linked to this entire transaction. If you did this running stealth, you should be OK. It would take extensive time and money to dig and get your real identity.