Competitor left me 2 BS negs! - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Subscriber Discussions

Subscriber Discussions The juicy stuff...

Old 06-14-2010
Subscribed [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 93%
Default Competitor left me 2 BS negs!

Hello everyone, hope everyone is doing well! I stopped in to download the new ebook and saw the section about dealing with BS negs is gone, I was hoping for some new info.

Regardless, I received 2 negs from a competitor recently. I was able to figure out it was a competitor through some slick investigating but of course ebay would never believe me and it would cause them to just scrutinize my account. I remember in the past I tried using the technique from the older Stealth Book but when I got to the point of listing an item for sale I was asked for a CC. Are there any new developments on this front? PM's more than welcome!

Thank you in advance,
Francis K
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 06-18-2010
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 90%

...it is war on eBay, trust me I know, sales are down competitors are rising! Receive numerous negs for nothing!
Old 06-18-2010
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 86%

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrancisK View Post
I received 2 negs from a competitor recently.
This crap just bothers me to no end. Every time I see it, and its a huge problem, my blood boils.

If your customer service, product and prices dont do enough for you then get out of the game. If you have to kill the guy across the street to survive you are scum.

I had competitors do cheesy things before just bad feedback killed you. Reporting little infractions like offering options or links, whatever. A listing would get killed and you had to revise it. Now all they have to do is buy a couple things and hammer you. Bang, you're dead. Way way way too easy!

I wont tolerate it. If I cant beat you with a good product and great service I have no right to get in your way. If someone comes after me I will come back ten fold. People seem to think they are invincible on the internet. Do they think they can kill you and not get hit back? Its like drug dealers on the corner these days....

I'll quote the great Sean Connery "send one of ours to the hospital, send one of theirs to the morgue"

I've said it before: We have enough of a fight on our hands with the system alone. Is adding wars between users smart? All that ends up happening is both parties have to start the game all over...

Pointless for a few sales when you look at the big picture!

I cant help you on fixing it. I don't believe its possible. A very very unfortunate aspect to ebay is they have absolutely no recourse to competitors slinging mud. That I know of anyway. Why they don't have something in place for this issue is beyond me... The day after they made changes to the feedback this became an issue... This is not a silly customer but a deliberate attack. So odds are that's how it is and you are screwed if the 2 negs are damaging :(

But me, I would fight back hard core. Take a few days and hurt back... But that's me.

Old 06-18-2010

Longevity: 81%

Great reply Pod! I really respect your business ethics. You are so very right.....sellers not understanding the big picture.