Developing my Business!! - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Subscriber Discussions

Subscriber Discussions The juicy stuff...

Old 09-12-2010

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 81%
Default Developing my Business!!

Just Hoping all you entrepreneurs out there could give me a hand!

Just finished a Law degree at university but always had the aspiration to create my own online and offline business. I've currently purchased via a local vendor (5 mins drive) clearance pallets of clothing, electricals etc, hoping to move on to furniture etc when the funds allow and i've agreed a deal with a local 'BIG Storage' Facility! Hopefully I can become a wholesale distributer myself in the future!

The plan here for the larger collection Items was to store them in the Warehouse and meet people there for purchase. Plus it has the preofessional look to the operation.

However, im looking to move on to the next step. Im promoting what im doing and selling via personalised letter for each item I sell. Thinking about putting an advert in a local paper, local message boards, handing papers out around univeristy etc!

Where would you propose I go and I do in regards to online. Hoping to build up a good customer base via eBay and im recording an excel document with all the emails from my buyers, but would like my own Online store too! would this prove costly and would people be able to create something simple yet professional?

Furthermore I don't and never have wanted to put all my eggs in one basket so I have somewhat of an advantage there seeing as I have never had an amazon account except for recently and only sold like two university books. So im relatively fresh-faced. No need for stealth etc. One question about amazon though is with my clothing etc I will be focusing on eBay and Car-Boot's. Would amazon be a good choice for my electrical goods such as Vacuums, Microwave's etc and also toys?

And one last point. Where would you guys recommend for selling furniture in the Uk. are there any specific websites?

Hope I didn't rant too much but your input would be greatly appreciated.

Oh and BTW, im only 21 but always been an entrepreneur, ever since school when I sold sweets and drinks I bought wholesale from Costco!!

Regards,

Vimto!
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 09-18-2010
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 88%

Nice personal essay about yourself. That must be very stealth of you to post your age...

Anways, you need to take a look as how much you are willing to invest in your website. I suggest you start on ebay and see how your business goes. Then make your website if you are successful, there's no point to create a website if you don't even know if the item you are selling is profitable or not..

”I am an optimist. It does not seem too much use being anything else.”
Winston Churchill

“If you’re going through hell, keep going.”
Winston Churchill