competitor hijacking accounts to take me out - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Subscriber Discussions

Subscriber Discussions The juicy stuff...

Old 09-23-2010

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 80%
Default competitor hijacking accounts to take me out

The item im selling is very competitive lets leave it at that, i was a noob at the start and listed without buyer requirements and guess what, i got owned, a competitor created an account that same day and bought all my items, so next time i put the buyer requirements up ticking all the boxes and guess what, i still got owned by competitors buying my items with accounts made that same day with paypals attached to it, so i put immediate payment request on, so that they have to fork over the money and I GOT A SALE with money in my paypal account then guess what, i got an email from paypal 20 mins later stating the buyers account did not authorise the payment, then i get an email from ebay explainging that the transaction had been cancelled for the same reason, so the competitor hijacked someones account or fiddled with his own in a way to just stop me from selling, now my paypal is limited,i doubt it was all the same person but its ridiculous the lengths competitors will go to take you down.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 09-23-2010

Longevity: 81%

Yup i had some of those competitors before. one time he contacted all my previous buyers and told them i had sold them foo foo items WHICH WHERE NOT but guess what.. i had about 15-20 buyer disputes just because they believed him, so i had to call them all to thier phones listed on paypal and make them think i was going to keep calling if they did not end the disputes.. nightmare
Old 09-23-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by art888 View Post
he contacted all my previous buyers
Please explain how they can do that? I don't see anyway they can do it.
Old 09-23-2010
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 86%

Quote:
Originally Posted by art888 View Post

he contacted all my previous buyers
Thats impossible
Old 09-23-2010

is possible. I had the same thing happen to me by a psycho competitor - over really cheap jewellery selling in 10-20 $ range!!

anyone can look up your items currently listed, then go to your items sold. From there they can click in to the buyer and contact ebay member,

I found out about it because my buyers contacted me about "someone" emailing them telling them I was selling ****, I asked my buyer to forward me the email they had received ( I sounded ever so concerned)
in the header you will have the culprits details , including IP - if you forward this to ebay , ebay theoretically will suspend them for "interfering with a sale" , cause for suspension.
Old 09-23-2010

forgot to add, they can also contact your buyers from your feedback
Old 09-23-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEM View Post
forgot to add, they can also contact your buyers from your feedback
Something I need to double check again, I though eBay did fixed that problem long time ago
Old 09-23-2010

Yes, I just checked, they can see buyer using when look at your feedback :>
Quote:
Originally Posted by JEM View Post
is possible. I had the same thing happen to me by a psycho competitor - over really cheap jewellery selling in 10-20 $ range!!

anyone can look up your items currently listed, then go to your items sold. From there they can click in to the buyer and contact ebay member,

I found out about it because my buyers contacted me about "someone" emailing them telling them I was selling ****, I asked my buyer to forward me the email they had received ( I sounded ever so concerned)
in the header you will have the culprits details , including IP - if you forward this to ebay , ebay theoretically will suspend them for "interfering with a sale" , cause for suspension.
Old 09-23-2010
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpcpqcsco View Post
Yes, I just checked, they can see buyer using when look at your feedback :>
I didnt think you can contact a buyer unless they are selling an item

eBay would be the bloody wild west if you can just spam users
Old 09-23-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by pod View Post
I didnt think you can contact a buyer unless they are selling an item

eBay would be the bloody wild west if you can just spam users
Don't know what eBay will do to you when you spam other users but there is the way to contact other buyer as OP said
Old 09-24-2010

yes a competitor can , and they do - if they are **** - contact your sellers should they want to cause trouble.
If your buyer lets you know about it before giving you negative or getting all in a lather asking for a refund or whatever chicken brain thing they can do - you are lucky.

It is also a way you can MAYBE get ebay to stop it.

If your buyers don't contact you , and just give you bad feedback because they get suspicious of you - it can get you enough strikes against you to shut you down in one month.

anyone can contact another member via the ebay message system - if you are not involved in a direct sale/buy , you just have to fill out that encrypted gibberish in the box- I gues it will cut you off at so many messages , so real spam cannot happen, but it will let enough through for a competitor to cause you problems.

trust me , it happened to me.
Old 09-25-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpcpqcsco View Post
Please explain how they can do that? I don't see anyway they can do it.

umm people its not impossible!!! umm look at my feedback and click on the buyer and then click on contact lol..

what i did was get the email from the guy who started all this mess i added every contact he had on facebook and told them how he was being a little kid by ruining my ebay business and i also told everyone that i was a single mom divorced trying to provide for my 4 kids i even went out of my way to post and send the pictures from my aunts photos lol. a lot of his friends got very pissed off not to mention his two sister he had in facebook plus the father lol it was great, i had a field day with it lol.. btw he never apologized!!! a$$-o so i called him one week straight at all hours at night an just hanged up until he changed the number lol. Then after all that i did the same thing to his buyers.

Mess with the best, Suffer like the rest. I hit 10x harder!! i dont bother you, dont bother me..

I was going to take it further by paying to see his background and stuff on intelus.com but i felt like it was enough.

Bottom line: Get creative hit them where it hurts

Last edited by art888; 09-25-2010 at 03:48 AM.
Old 09-25-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

'lick'
art888 (09-25-2010)
Old 09-25-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean View Post
'lick'
hahah fixed, i saw it immediately but i was writing more stuff on the post lol sowwi
Old 09-25-2010
Executive [VIP]

I've never had a reason to just contact someone on ebay for no reason so just assumed you cant. But if you can just contact anyone you want, thats sad. Why in the world would two ebay members need to contact each other if it wasn't about an item? eBay want to be facebook now too?

Surprised the spam isn't much higher. They must have a pretty tight filter and I just never see any
Old 09-25-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by pod View Post
I've never had a reason to just contact someone on ebay for no reason so just assumed you cant. But if you can just contact anyone you want, thats sad. Why in the world would two ebay members need to contact each other if it wasn't about an item? eBay want to be facebook now too?

Surprised the spam isn't much higher. They must have a pretty tight filter and I just never see any
Well if you try and contact a member and your account is pretty new you will get hit with a suspension, so i guess they do have some sort of filter lol.
Old 09-27-2010

another reason to suspend someone!!
Old 09-27-2010

Longevity: 92%

Private feedback may help