Competitor on ebay - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal

UK eBay & Paypal General discussions about eBay.co.uk Suspensions and Paypal.co.uk limited accounts. This forum is geared towards UK eBay & Paypal sellers.

Closed Thread

Old 08-12-2009

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 85%
Default Competitor on ebay

Hi all, this powerseller has links to his website in big bold letters on all his listings which is unacceptable to be honest seeing as I am competeting with him.

The last 45 days eBay have removed his listings 7 times but why has he not got suspended?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 08-12-2009
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 90%

Let me guess, have you been reporting him??

He probably has a long history with ebay and strong trust with them...

If your answer to my question is yes, then i would say stop.. there's no reason to be stopping someone's income because you cant do a better job at marketing your products.. Fight fire with fire, give customers better prices, more rewards from buying from you.. thats how u win
Old 08-12-2009

Longevity: 89%

Quote:
Originally Posted by brat42 View Post
The last 45 days eBay have removed his listings 7 times but why has he not got suspended?
Because you are not VERO and the violations appear to be not serious. eBay won't easily suspended those high points power sellers since they also consider their profit and loss. There are some rules to play internally.
Old 08-12-2009
Threadstarter  

Well actually we are both in the same industry and we only both have a few products where we sell the same thing, but I always sell more of the items, that we both sell, then he does.

We are both powersellers but still I think it is unexceptable to have so many of his listings have his website all over the description.
Old 08-12-2009
Executive [VIP]

What makes it so unacceptable, Because eBay says you cant???

last time i checked ebay said we cant use them once we get suspended... so much for that rule being upheld...

Move on buddy .... stop dedicating your time to what someone else is doing and use that time you better your sales and your methods of marketing
Old 08-12-2009
Threadstarter  

Im not dedicating my time to my competitor. It's just annoying that I am an abiding ebayer and others aren't.
Old 08-12-2009
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Longevity: 91%

well keep on reporting him then until either he is down or you go down for annoying the heck out of the ebay monkey reps..
Old 08-12-2009

Longevity: 89%

Communicate with her/him and see if you guys can build up any relationship, share experience, settle the pricing... etc.

Don't know what you sell. However, you can also be more creative on your listings. At mean time, dig out more other online market place to sell, such as Amazon... Do business in multiple ways would help.

p.s. two or four low frequency CPUs become more powerful when they work parallel/together, better than just focusing on increasing the frequency for only one CPU.
Old 08-12-2009

Longevity: 88%

Move on and let it go! If you were suspended and are still selling on Ebay, how are you an 'abiding' ebayer? Not one of us here has a right to complain about how another seller is breaking the rules.
Old 08-12-2009

Send a message via AIM to SevnSins Send a message via MSN to SevnSins Send a message via Yahoo to SevnSins

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Old 08-12-2009
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotGoodEnuff View Post
Move on and let it go! If you were suspended and are still selling on Ebay, how are you an 'abiding' ebayer? Not one of us here has a right to complain about how another seller is breaking the rules.
Actually I did get suspended for getting VEROED three times in total even after sending my reinstatement form in but I proved to eBay that there claims were ridiculous and I told all the VERO owners to write in to ebay to tell them they made a mistake and I got reinstated.

So there, I am an abiding ebayer.
Old 08-12-2009
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Pick the toys up and put them back in the pram. I sign in to look at your thread: it's titled 'Circumvention of ebay Fees'. I think two things, wrong part of the forum and will the OP need help?What do I read? Nothing to do with fees. Title changed & thread moved.
As we say pull your head in. Don't give me any nonsense about being a good little ebayer. Pay attention to what the others say. Then you may just be an abiding ebayer...maybe....maybe...
Old 08-12-2009
Executive [VIP]

abiding ebayer or not, you're on here looking for a way to get another seller suspended or his listings removed.. just worry about yourself.. obviously ebay is letting him/her live, you should too.... have a good day
Old 08-13-2009
Threadstarter  

Well thanks for all your "answers" I only came here to ask a question of can you get suspended from circumvention of ebay fees.

All of you seemed to have jumped to the conclusion. You all seem to think that I wanted to get him suspended (wrong) and that apparently I have no right to complain about others on ebay because I should be suspended seeing as I am on the aspkin forum (wrong) and still even though I have said I sell much more then the competitor, in the few items that we BOTH sell (correct), you seem to think I want him suspended (wrong)

Just close the thread please unless anyone is up for an arguement I am all ready.
Old 08-13-2009
Executive [VIP]

yes you can get suspended for non-payment of fees. And because ebay are really nasty, they sometimes suggest that if you pay the unpaid fees, they will restore the account. Money gets paid but no restoration of account Only happens in certain circumstances.

people responded to the text of your OP. Too often answers are given because the question has not been stated in a clear enough manner.
Old 08-13-2009

Send a message via AIM to SevnSins Send a message via MSN to SevnSins Send a message via Yahoo to SevnSins

Quote:
Originally Posted by brat42 View Post
Hi all, this powerseller has links to his website in big bold letters on all his listings which is unacceptable to be honest seeing as I am competeting with him.

Please tell me where you're asking about fees?

Not once in this post is the word "fee" even mentioned. You mentioned it in the title, but it had no relavance to your actual question. Therefore; GreenBean changed the title to fit the question. You are getting all upset because YOU didn't state your question properly, and therefore got an answer you didn't want to hear.

I can see why you call yourself BRAT.

Maybe next time you should clearly state your problem, instead of going on a rant about a rival seller. We have seen all kinds here, and we can generally pick out the bad apples fairly quickly.

Sevn
Old 08-13-2009
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by SevnSins View Post
Please tell me where you're asking about fees?
Lol course it fits circumvention of ebay fees. Someone tell me why people would put their own website link in an ebay listing?? Whats the point?? To get a sale off ebay? And possibly that could mean they don't pay fees as the item didn't sell on eBay?

I didn't say anything about not paying eBay fees. I said it was about circumvention of fees. For anyone who does not know what it means the definition is to go around or bypass, not to not pay something.

Quote:
I can see why you call yourself BRAT.
And whats the wrong with my username being brat? Bit of a generalisation seeing as I only have 17 posts now?!

Quote:
Maybe next time you should clearly state your problem
I don't have a problem. I asked a clear question at the start which was why he has not got suspended for improper links which #3 answered and instead you seem to be having all these asumptions.

Quote:
Sevn
to you too

Last edited by brat42; 08-13-2009 at 03:59 PM.
Old 08-13-2009
Executive [VIP]

Here's the bottom line: you made a title called circumvention of fees. Then you spoke about the competitor. You should have mentioned in the TEXT of the post that you wondered if the rival was trying to avoid fees. Your posts were about your displeasure about the rival. No word further about fees. Others answers. You answered, Still no comment about 'Gee I wonder what he is doing'. There was not one user here who understood what you were trying to say.
OK the orginial title was a lead in: the rest of your posts did not touch base about it. Answers are given on a lot of word not just three.
Old 08-13-2009
Threadstarter  

I don't understand what is so complex about my post.

Circumvention of ebay fees means he is trying avoid eBay fees. Then in the post itself I said there was a link to his website which don't you think is an improper link? The answer is yes it is.

And it is not a matter of whether he is trying to avoid fees, it's clear he is.

He put an external link on his item description which is circumvention of ebay fees when the site it goes to is the same products he is selling on ebay (just he does not pay a FVF). Its clear that that is not allowed.

I should not have to mention fees. Its an improper link where cirumvention is a sub category of improper links.

And also the question said why had he not been suspended for improper links.

That was my question and it has been answered. The rest of my posts were in response to other people all kicking it off.
Closed Thread