Auctiva checkout is no more. - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Subscriber Discussions

Subscriber Discussions The juicy stuff...

Old 10-04-2010

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 89%
Default Auctiva checkout is no more.

I go into my account which is about 4 months old and listed an item which was set up to use Auctiva checkout with my Authorize.net account and also to accept Paypal. Guess what it has been disabled, so I go and make a new one by changing the ebay registration name, add new token with a brand new auctiva account and I get the same message and cant even select to use the checkout: This is the message I got

Auctiva Checkout is being discontinued by eBay. You have already disabled Auctiva Checkout for your account, and no further action by you is required.

I never disabled it because I just generated a token and havent even posted an item through them yet.

So then I go to a current 11/07 account that I use, and I got this new message:

Hello Community,

Since eBay has announced that 3rd Party Checkout including Auctiva Checkout will be phased out next year, we are encouraging checkout users to make the change over to eBay right away. All the pieces needed for you to make the migration are now in place. Note that support has been added to eBay checkout for Authorize.net, which was a key ingredient needed for some Auctiva Checkout users to make the changeover to eBay Checkout.

As part of our update to the Auctiva site we made earlier today, we have added the functionality which was needed to allow users of Auctiva Secure Checkout to migrate themselves over to eBay Checkout.

First, Auctiva Secure Checkout is now closed to new users. We have put in place a measure that will prevent users from enabling Auctiva checkout if it is not already enabled.

Next, if you navigate to the Checkout Settings Page, you will see messaging that indicates that the Use Auctiva Checkout setting has now become “off only” at this point. Checkout users may turn checkout off, at which time your account will then transitioned to eBay checkout in a direct cut-over rather than a slow migration of having a portion of your checkouts go through Auctiva and a portion through eBay.

For users who are using Auctiva Checkout with Authorize.net merchant accounts, you should set up your Authorize.net information on eBay before you disable your Auctiva Secure Checkout setting. Instructions on how to do this can be found on the eBay site at this link

For sellers using Authorize.net in Checkout, you will see a warning message that you must first setup your merchant account on eBay prior to disabling Auctiva Checkout for your account.

Once you disable Auctiva checkout, we will revise all of the seller’s active listings to add a special payment option known as IntegratedMerchantCreditCard. This allows the item to be paid for by CC in eBay checkout. If you have not setup your Authorize.net information on eBay, then your buyers will be given a message to contact the seller for payment.

Auctiva Tony M.
Sr. Product Manager, Auctiva.com

Back to work guys, and as you may or may not know authorize.net is not intergrating yet and if you try to set it up on ebay your going to get an error message. Call up Authorize.net and they will tell you the error is on ebays end.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 10-04-2010

Longevity: 87%
Send a message via Yahoo to IDK

Found this out for myself yesterday. I'm sure a lot of people were banking on at least being able to fiddle with Auctiva until June, but no. The option for checkout is turned off for new sign ups. Lucky for me I never used them so I wont miss what I never had. I personally think Auctiva are dumb asses for disabling it. I guess they don't need money.
Old 10-04-2010
Threadstarter  

Yeah, feels like I walked into a wall this evening when I went to list and seen the checkout has been disabled without me eveing selecting. This sucks because you still cant get authorize.net to work with ebay yet. I guess I will be opening another merchants account under a new corp so I can use Payflow again, but the cost to use it is expensive.
Old 10-04-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by bansheezone View Post
Yeah, feels like I walked into a wall this evening when I went to list and seen the checkout has been disabled without me eveing selecting. This sucks because you still cant get authorize.net to work with ebay yet. I guess I will be opening another merchants account under a new corp so I can use Payflow again, but the cost to use it is expensive.
Are payflow fees upfront? Something tells me there wont be any problems using that gateway.
Old 10-04-2010
Threadstarter  

I tried it over the summer using my 1st Data merchants account with ease. But ebay suspended me after 4 months due to linking not sure if it was because of Payflow aka Paypal giving me up. But I did like how smooth it was, no bitching from buyers was nice as I would usually hear from them " you dont take Paypal? "

But exisiting Payflow accounts are a dead end, ebay wants you to register a new account. If you had a old one working and the fee's to start using it are really high.

But some good news. I just added my authorize.net account I guess they were waiting to pull this **** with Auctiva.

Here is what the finished message said:

You can now accept credit / debit card payments directly from eBay checkout with Authorize.Net.
Remember, your current listings will NOT reflect this change until you edit your payment preferences in each listing.

Last edited by bansheezone; 10-04-2010 at 07:56 PM.
Old 10-04-2010

IT'S NOT WORKING!!!!

Old 10-04-2010
Threadstarter  

I had to edit my response giving away too much info. First payment with this new set up went smooth.

Last edited by bansheezone; 10-04-2010 at 08:17 PM.