using old mac address for new stealth account advise? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Subscriber Discussions

Subscriber Discussions The juicy stuff...

Old 10-10-2010
MU

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 81%
Question using old mac address for new stealth account advise?

so for example as the book says i change the last 2 digits of the mac address to 19 and i had a stealth account on that mac address 19 and it got banned so i went back on 19, but i got a new ip address now that hasen't been used on any accounts and i want to create a new stealth with that new ip, but is it a problem since i used that mac address or no?

please advise soon, thanks!
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 10-10-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts

If I understand the question correctly, the answer is YES and NO. Yes on Amazon but No on eBay.
Old 10-11-2010
MU
Threadstarter  

ebay records mac addresses?
Old 10-11-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FandangoKango View Post
No. Amazon does.
Old 10-11-2010

Why don't you change to something else like 20 or 21 and worry free?

What I do is preset the MAC with a user name, every time I want to change I just click that profile name and get the right MAC and IP. Also, on the windows account name it with the MAC also for easy to double check to make sure I got the tight account and MAC.

Another thing If you used Firefox and open multiple windows? Close them and DON'T save it when it asking to save. It will save you from accidently when click on the wrong windows profile.
Quote:
Old 10-13-2010
MU
Threadstarter  

another question...

i have a main account where all files are, but when i create a new user account for a new stealth account i go to it, but i dont have any info so what i do is go to local disk on the new user account and then to users then i click on the main user i have all files and i get this: you dont currently have permission to access this folder. click continue to permanently get access to this folder. so i click continue and it loads and im in the other user account from the new user account.

what i want to know is will this intefere with cookies transferring over or something or no? i usually do this for many accounts since i don't have a usb stick right now or some external hard drive... i have had no problems so far that leads me to believe that this links me somehow, but everything is possible so any fillers?
Old 10-13-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

I can't really comment on the cookie links and what not - though I doubt it since you are using new browser on new account. Just for future use, when you create a user account, make sure it's administrator -type and not guest.

I use Win XP so ...that's my knowledge.
Old 10-13-2010
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 86%

Quote:

click continue to permanently get access to this folder. so i click continue and it loads and im in the other user account from the new user account.
I had to read your post 3 times and I'm still not 100% sure what you are asking but will guess

You are not on that other user account, you are just accessing the files on the hard drive. You are talking about documents and notes right? You are not copying cookies or anything?

Reading files from hard drive are no problem at all.

But if you need access to certain files for all users, dont put them in documents or desktop. Gets way too messy after a few user accounts. Create a separate folder on the hard drive away from user\documents. That way every user can get at them.

IE C:\ebaystuff\
Old 10-13-2010

When I partition the HDD I made a bunch of small partitions like 20GB each and name them as Picture, Template, Docs, Ship..... and in those patition I created folder by user name

My friend do it different and seem more easy than mine. What he does is everything in under the user "my document"
Quote:
another question...

i have a main account where all files are, but when i create a new user account for a new stealth account i go to it, but i dont have any info so what i do is go to local disk on the new user account and then to users then i click on the main user i have all files and i get this: you dont currently have permission to access this folder. click continue to permanently get access to this folder. so i click continue and it loads and im in the other user account from the new user account.

what i want to know is will this intefere with cookies transferring over or something or no? i usually do this for many accounts since i don't have a usb stick right now or some external hard drive... i have had no problems so far that leads me to believe that this links me somehow, but everything is possible so any fillers?
Old 10-15-2010
MU
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by pod View Post
I had to read your post 3 times and I'm still not 100% sure what you are asking but will guess

You are not on that other user account, you are just accessing the files on the hard drive. You are talking about documents and notes right? You are not copying cookies or anything?

Reading files from hard drive are no problem at all.

But if you need access to certain files for all users, dont put them in documents or desktop. Gets way too messy after a few user accounts. Create a separate folder on the hard drive away from user\documents. That way every user can get at them.

IE C:\ebaystuff\
you understood my post correctly, why would it get messy like you say after a few user accounts? im doing fine unless there is something i should know to avoid problems...

by the way im using windows 7 basic right now...
Old 10-15-2010
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 86%

Quote:
why would it get messy like you say after a few user accounts?.
I just find having to go into each users "documents" folders from another user if I need to look at something clunky. Some files are shared by all users like mac addresses and IP logs. So I just like all my eBay/PayPal stuff in folders not under each user. But that just personal preference