eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Subscriber Discussions (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/subscriber-discussions/)
-   -   PayPal STEPS... 1,2,3 :Tips + TRICKS... (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/subscriber-discussions/2379-paypal-steps-1-2-3-tips-tricks.html)

Lulu 02-07-2008 12:31 PM

Quote:

them...Yes,exactly.if they don't get the laundry list-money stays limited..Then after they get it..They can still decide to keep acct frozen..Or,they unfreeze till 2,3,6 months from now-when You're pretty comfy...and you've got $3000-$5000 sitting in there on a sunday night after a bunch of closed auctions...That's when they Freeze u again.. -Have a 6 yr pp acct-been frozen about 12 times-so that's avg. every 6 months... -That's why we're all Brainstorming in here...trying to protect our families assets..our Ca$h!
I remove my money from Paypal as soon as it is in the account. I have had too many accounts frozen with money in them and I never got it back.

Lisa B 02-11-2008 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ebayhateluv (Post 21745)
HI:
Well, For some of you, this is "no news"/ "old news", but we have alot of new folks on the forum who need immediate help...

A.) First and foremost, be certain you have already Verified your Paypal account BEFORE using it...
(this will avoid a pre-mature limitation)
>>>>>>>ONCE AGAIN....First and foremost, be certain you have already Verified--BEFORE USING...!!! <<<<<<<
--WELL< How do I do this ??
I.) You need to do only "2" out of the "3"--the EASIEST 2 are:
1.) Give them a credit card--let them charge the $2.95, (expanded use fee)-- in 2-3 days, check your cc on line- or debit card-- get the 4 digit code, right by the line that says:
PAYPAL EXPANDUSE9999, therefore in this example,. the pin their are looking for is the "9999".
2.) Give them your checking acct info-- they will make 2 small deposits into that acct.
--again, wait a few days, go online, or call your bank, or stop in and ask for a statement printout for the last week..
--- Paypal would have placed 2 small deposits, they will say:
Paypal acct Verify .11, and Paypal acct verify .16
SO- Therefore you are going to input the amounts ".11", and ".16", into Paypal..
*****************NOW- You're Paypal account is VERIFIED**********

Great stuff - I've done 1 out of the 3 and already added and verified my virtual bank account with PayPal and been selling for over a week now.

Now I want to lift the $500 monthly limit on my account.

Should I give PayPal my Simon Gift Card? this is the same card I added to my eBay account with no problems.
My Simon gift card is the physical card, not the virtual card.

I guess my main concern is this....will PayPal know my Simon Gift Card is one of those non reloadable cards and reject my card?

Thanks!

Lisa B 02-11-2008 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by koalawash (Post 21749)
The 4-digit # always comes before the word "Paypal" in my experience.

Yes, the 4 digit # comes before the word paypal.

In any case, it worked, woohoo

Thanks everyone.

ebayhateluv 02-11-2008 05:47 PM

Great! Good Luck ! :)

GoingToWinTheEbayWar 04-20-2008 04:13 PM

PayPal is asking me to do two things:

1 - Provide SS
2 - Enter address that matches SS

My account is limited with the only restriction "Can not close account." If I ignore the SSN request, will they impose further limitations? If not, I'm just going to press on and continue to withdrawal daily. I also need to add a bank to lift my send limit, but don't want to waste a good acct knowing that they may limit my PayPal more if I ignore their request.

Thanks

divine422 04-20-2008 04:59 PM

Its best you move on... if your account isnt limited yet it will eventually be limited as soon as any money goes through your account. If you SS is linked to another account then your done.

Thechronicles 04-20-2008 04:59 PM

thanks, great info.

GreenBean 04-21-2008 04:03 AM

...ebaywar, What do you want to do with the account? If it is a selling account, can you
get a merchant account? Quite a few things to consider B4 walking away, I think.

ebayaintstupid 04-27-2008 02:22 PM

They never limited either of my accounts...

just took down every associated EBAY account and any new EBAY account created and linked to them. Making them both essentially useless.

temps425 07-12-2008 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ebayhateluv (Post 21750)
SECONDLY:

--What do you mean by "direct link"??
>> Direct LINK IS BY choosing Auction Tools in Paypal + adding the Ebay account, as well as in Ebay, adding that Paypal directly..
--Now, YOu CAN simply place that email address in your auctions,

So this is different than "linking ebay and paypal accounts" which I have read is required after 10 listings?

In my experience they have only limited international shipping options and particular brand names. Not sure what new changes have occurred. Anyway, I need to link that clean PP account to my new ebay account....but NOT "direct link"?

What would be the benefit of someone doing a "direct link" if it is different from "linking ebay and PP accounts".

Also, I have a PP account which is very old since PP first opened. It once had a suspended ebay account attached to it. Is this account perm. tainted? Should I start a new PP, link with ebay, but take payments (by simply entering the email) in my old account which is unlimited? (thus avoiding problems with limitations?)

I really appreciate any help with this right now...

georgesmith 07-28-2008 04:48 PM

Creating a new paypal acct

Id like to create another paypal account.

Tips?

I don't care if it gets limited after a few days of receiving payments, but not after the first payment received.

New address not used with a ppal account, real phone number?

thanks.

generalgeorgie 07-28-2008 11:31 PM

I've never even seen a place mentioning 'expanded use' for a credit card. I just used the bank account and listed the 2 small deposits and was verified.
Where do I find the 'expanded use' ? Do I really need it now ?

asim7766 07-30-2008 03:18 PM

paypal is asking me to provide 4 steps to remove my limitation. i opened a new account with a new name and address. i can confirm 3 of the steps but the 4th asking me for my ssn? will i be remove from limitation if i don't provide that?

need answers asap.

thanks.

generalgeorgie 07-31-2008 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ebayhateluv (Post 21745)
HI:
Well, For some of you, this is "no news"/ "old news", but we have alot of new folks on the forum who need immediate help...

A.) First and foremost, be certain you have already Verified your Paypal account BEFORE using it...
(this will avoid a pre-mature limitation)
>>>>>>>ONCE AGAIN....First and foremost, be certain you have already Verified--BEFORE USING...!!! <<<<<<<
--WELL< How do I do this ??
I.) You need to do only "2" out of the "3"--the EASIEST 2 are:
1.) Give them a credit card--let them charge the $2.95, (expanded use fee)-- in 2-3 days, check your cc on line- or debit card-- get the 4 digit code, right by the line that says:
PAYPAL EXPANDUSE9999, therefore in this example,. the pin their are looking for is the "9999".
2.) Give them your checking acct info-- they will make 2 small deposits into that acct.
--again, wait a few days, go online, or call your bank, or stop in and ask for a statement printout for the last week..
--- Paypal would have placed 2 small deposits, they will say:
Paypal acct Verify .11, and Paypal acct verify .16
SO- Therefore you are going to input the amounts ".11", and ".16", into Paypal..
*****************NOW- You're Paypal account is VERIFIED**********

Your info was incorrect for me.
First- The fee was only $1.95 and they refund it within 24 hours of verification.
Second- The number they wanted was the FIRST 4 numbers. So, let's say your number was 5462PAYPAL *EXPUSE 2215334622.
The number they wanted from me was 5462.
Using your info freaked me out :eek: because when I entered the wrong number, I stated that I would need to use another card if the incorrect numbers were entered, but if you go to account info and then back into it, it will let you re-enter another pin number. WHEW, SCARY. But now my $500. limit has been lifted. :)
Hope this helps !

generalgeorgie 07-31-2008 02:19 PM

Oh yeah.... I guess you can see the EXPANDED USE option. haha

generalgeorgie 07-31-2008 02:20 PM

I'm a dummy.... "I FOUND" the expanded use.

Claire Voyant 08-14-2008 03:16 PM

HI everyone! I am new at this. When did Paypal start asking for SS#? I opened an account in May, they never asked for it, account was verified on the Paypal site. Another quick question.I was suspended 7 years ago with my real info. My Paypal can beconnected with a restricted account where my step daughter sent me money. I am going tomorrow to get a new checking account, can I get a 2nd Paypal account? Also have to use a ⊗⊗⊗⊗ name on 2nd one? By the way, I only sell vintage patterns and fabric, so I am not a big $ amount dealer :)
Thanks in advance

ebayhateluv 08-14-2008 06:31 PM

HI Claire--Welcome!
Well-- this and many other questions are answered more in depth in Aspkins Ebook, Stealth..
I can quickly answer a few of your questions:
a.) SSN-- Paypal has always asked for this from me, at on etime or another--or maybe your volume has never set off any triggers yet??
b.) 2nd pp acct-- well, if u are current with them and ebay--yes, iVE HAD A PERSONAL PP ACCT AS WELL AS A PREMIERE BUSINESS ACCT
c.) if-u get restricted by ebay-then pp goes down, and vice versa

latnoklord 08-18-2008 07:49 PM

have they ever limited you for spending too much?

hi

as it well has been seen, making too much money too soon or going from $10 sales to $1000 sales has caused limitations.

my questions is if you open up a pp acc and spend 5k off the bat, will they limit you if you arent making any money?

SheerGold 09-13-2008 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aspkin (Post 21754)
Great information as always ebayhateluv!

Users really need to become confirmed and verified before jumping into eBay sales. You'll save your self tons of time later on figuring out what went wrong if you do.

Hi Aspkin,

Two similar BUT different questions:

1. Does that ALSO apply to ebay accounts that were created prior to 11/07 where one intends using PayPal?

2. Does that ALSO apply to ebay accounts that were created prior to 11/07 where one will be selling "cash on collection" (ie not offering payPal) ?

ebayhateluv 09-13-2008 03:15 PM

HI:
The rules have changed recently.
Ebay Wants a Paypal acct period.
IF you want to use a merchant acct--they want the merchant acct monthly statement faxed in.

TMiles 09-13-2008 04:09 PM

Good posts Ms. Hateluv.

Ebay is losing market share in the US to Amazon. The funny thing is their revenue and profits are up, even though they are losing buyers. Why, some might ask. Well, by forcing sellers into using Paypal, they are making up lost profit from declining Ebay fees by increasing revenues from Paypal.

We all hate them, but they know how to force a profit....