I just owned Paypal, now I am goin to lol at them - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Subscriber Discussions

Subscriber Discussions The juicy stuff...

Old 10-22-2010

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 78%
Default I just owned Paypal, now I am goin to lol at them

So I didn't know about the paypal 21 day hold. My paypal account is about 2 years old and I sold 3 things on ebay. Then I found out that I can't touch the money it is being held. So I said **** ebay and **** paypal and refunded all the orders. In the process of doing this, after i refunded the 2nd one I noticed the $116 available in my account (not pending). so I went to withdraw it and I withdrew it. And the money made it into my bank account 3business days later rofl. So I checked my email today, which i hadn't done in a couple days. and I find this email:

Hello ***** ******,

You recently attempted to transfer funds from your bank account.
Your bank has declined the funds transfer because your account did not have sufficient funds available. We will automatically re-attempt this transfer in 3 business days. Please fund your bank account immediately to ensure this transaction can be completed.

-----------------------------------
Transaction Details
-----------------------------------

Transaction Type: eCheck payment to .......@optonline.net
Transaction ID: (removed)
Transaction Date: Oct. 18, 2010
Transaction Amount: $116.02 USD
Reason:
This bank account has insufficient funds.

Sincerely,
PayPal Operations

Now then, I have since removed my bank account (i opened it with a greendot card) and all cards i have linked. I never keep any money in my bank account affiliated with anything online simply because of the amount of fraud, by companies and individuals alike. I am now going to e-mail paypal and explain to them that their money is on a 21 day security hold period and will be released after that 21 days are completed and there are no claims filed against paypal from the customer's side. Also mind you I still have 1 order pending that I have shipped but its $5 less than what I took.

This made my lol when I read that email. Karma's a bitch, aint it?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 10-22-2010

Longevity: 91%

Email them and tell them their money is on the 180 day hold like they do to thousands of sellers! Wish you could have gotten them for more...
Old 10-22-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

So you withdrew money but your echeck to someone else got nixed?

Or is that en error e-mail - slow Friday but I don't seem to follow...

Or did you refund your orders AND manage to turn your account into negative?
Old 10-22-2010
Threadstarter  

I was going to refund all my orders, and just stick it to ebay and not let them get any money for any sales I made, since my listings were free. I refunded the first one and it got completed. Then somehow when I refunded the second one, the money stuck in my paypal account. I went to refund the third one and I noticed that there was real (not pending) money in paypal, so I withdrew that money and didn't refund the 3rd one so I could make at least one sell, plus I wanted to see the quality of a dvd box set I ordered for future references. The money successfully made it into my bank account 3 business days later. But yeah, I am going to hold their money until my money for that order gets released, kind of like a hostage trade off situation. And since they allowed me to delete all my bank/card information, (my primary being an accountnow or something card thats long expired) they have no way of getting their money now. Weird thing is, is it says that the refund is on hold till nov.4 tho they told me they would be retrying it every 3 business days (obviously with no success). I just hope that buyer quits ebay and paypal. I am going to try emailing him and letting him know that i refunded his order but paypal is holding his money for reasons beyond my control (lol). And see if I can get him to stir some **** with paypal and ebay. Then of course, email him again and apologize for all the bull**** through paypal and ebay and sell him the same item for a few dollars less for his trouble through a third party checkout.

But yeah I am going to do the 180 day hold if they don't release my money from the third order lol. Just mirror whatever they do. My account is not a negative either, it's just a zero with the other $111.14 pending. they did however formally place a 21 day holding period wait on all money I received, although they were doing it informally so what the **** do I care?
Old 10-22-2010
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 86%

Unless I'm reading it wrong: That money was from a buyer. You didn't screw PayPal. You screwed a buyer.
Old 10-22-2010

Longevity: 80%
Send a message via Yahoo to holymoly

pod, buyer WILL get refunded...PP loses...you misunderstand, I know PP will screw SELLERS out of money BUT NOT the BUYER. They will see this money in about 21 days OR LESS...

PP LOSES!

Old 10-22-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

daft thread title. Daft. Only paypal owns themselves.

Wishful thinking that you've beaten them. You might win a battle but they win wars
Old 10-23-2010
Threadstarter  

Oh I know there is no way to beat them. You'd have to do a completely coordinated DDOS attack worldwide to crash a few specific servers to be able to actually steal money from them, and then to cover your tracks on top would be near impossible with the money they have, and then its only a stone in a teacup. But it's nice to put them on the other end of the stick.