Being productive and making $$ with multiple accounts. tips? advise? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Subscriber Discussions

Subscriber Discussions The juicy stuff...

Old 10-22-2010

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 78%
Default Being productive and making $$ with multiple accounts. tips? advise?

If I have 10 ebay/paypal accounts with 10 gmail accounts, how can I manage all 10 accounts in a timely manor and still have time to do everything else eBay related?

I already linked all 10 gmail accounts with outlook on my main windows account.

I should be safe if I JUST answer eBay questions, pickup paypal payment notice emails, ebay winning bidder notice emails, but never log into my accounts or follow any links within the email messages, correct?

Also, any other ideas of how a seller can be more productive with 10+ PP/EB accounts would be appreciated. Having multiple accounts = $$, but only if you can manage the time efficiently with low stress.

Thanks guys!

Edit: Also, if I use a new ****.com domain name on all 10 accounts, but use different subdomains for all 10, would that be stealthy enough since it is just the domain that would link the accounts?

Last edited by jhohman; 10-22-2010 at 03:03 PM.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 10-22-2010
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 86%

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhohman View Post
Bad idea! Outlook is not great for keeping your IP off the radar

And using the same domain with subdomains is risky. If they look they can tell all the domains are tied.

You need to be a bit more careful. Trying to keep stuff organized and "easy" can lead to simple mistakes. I know this first hand!

You know whats better then efficient? Accounts that stay up
Old 10-22-2010

Longevity: 79%

Quote:
Originally Posted by pod View Post
Bad idea! Outlook is not great for keeping your IP off the radar

And using the same domain with subdomains is risky. If they look they can tell all the domains are tied.

You need to be a bit more careful. Trying to keep stuff organized and "easy" can lead to simple mistakes. I know this first hand!

You know whats better then efficient? Accounts that stay up
you need to buy Amazon Ghost, there is a program called vmware you can use that will be right up your street, i cannot explain about it here on the forum as it give out to much info but it helps me to run multiple accounts, hope this helps.
Old 10-22-2010
Executive [VIP]

Me? I use multiple boot O/S setups so no need for cloud systems.
Old 10-22-2010

Longevity: 82%

i use multiple computers and seperate hard drives
Old 10-23-2010

Longevity: 82%

It really doesn't take long to just switch accounts. I finish the work on all my accounts individually. I figure working on accounts separately reduces the risk of getting things accidentally mixed up.

Switch IPs, logout of useraccount1 and login to useraccount2, it's pretty simple and fast. Takes no more than five minutes, I have a quick smoke while things are resetting and by the time I'm done, comp is ready for the tasks on the next account.

-Albert Einstein
The Following User Says Thank You to jamblix For This Useful Post:
pod (10-23-2010)
Old 10-23-2010
Threadstarter  

hrmmm, setting up multiple PCs might be a good option. I suppose I can reset my modem and check each account individually, but to do that 10 times every day is pretty time consuming. If I have questions from customers I want to address those in a timely manor so I can not really check each account every other day, are you sure outlook is risky? eBay wouldnt be able to link IPs if I have outlook linked to each email account if I do not open the email right? I just want to link the emails and just open outlook so I will know if I have questions/payments coming through on a particualr account. That is much more effective then loading 10 account every day.

Last edited by jhohman; 10-23-2010 at 03:31 PM.
Old 10-23-2010
Executive [VIP]

Quote:

to do that every day is pretty time consuming.
Thats just the way it is with multiple accounts. If you use user accounts in windows, multiple OS setups or multiple computers, you still need to work with separate IPs. Is it annoying sometimes? For sure. But remember you are making money from these accounts so you gotta do what you gotta do.

Again, taking shortcuts is simply the fastest way to lose accounts.

If you reply to emails all from the same desktop client off the same IP you will get burned. Period. And fast.
Old 10-23-2010
MU

Longevity: 81%
Cool

Quote:
If I have 10 ebay/paypal accounts with 10 gmail accounts, how can I manage all 10 accounts in a timely manor and still have time to do everything else eBay related?

I should be safe if I JUST answer eBay questions, pickup paypal payment notice emails, ebay winning bidder notice emails, but never log into my accounts or follow any links within the email messages, correct?

Also, any other ideas of how a seller can be more productive with 10+ PP/EB accounts would be appreciated. Having multiple accounts = $$, but only if you can manage the time efficiently with low stress.

Thanks guys!

Edit: Also, if I use a new ****.com domain name on all 10 accounts, but use different subdomains for all 10, would that be stealthy enough since it is just the domain that would link the accounts?
i use outlook the free version that comes with windows and no way in a logical mind would i answer questions too all ebay accounts from a single ip at my main user account just because of time. this is an instant kill on ebay if you do that meaning DO NOT DO IT! my best advice is that. take it or leave it.
Old 10-24-2010
Threadstarter  

yes but what if you don't open the emails, just used them as a reference to sign into the account(s) and answer the question(s)?
Old 10-24-2010

Longevity: 80%
Send a message via Yahoo to holymoly

The man who waits learns the most....

Simply put, you can speed up the process only SO MUCH before you start skipping steps to keep your accounts safe
Old 10-24-2010
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by holymoly View Post
The man who waits learns the most....

Simply put, you can speed up the process only SO MUCH before you start skipping steps to keep your accounts safe
What does any of that mean? What are you "learning" by "waiting"? I am attempting to "speed up the process" not to keep my accounts safe, but to be more productive and make bigger profits as I posted in the title....not quite sure what you are trying to say
Old 10-24-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Anyone hear the falling dominoes? Anyone else understand the dangers of 'speeding up the processes' and remaining productive Then what do some of us know?
Old 10-24-2010
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
yes but what if you don't open the emails, just used them as a reference to sign into the account(s) and answer the question(s)?
If you mean just to look but not to reply you would be much safer having them all forwarded to a gmail account with images turned off. I do this. However, still dangerous and risky. But better than a desktop email client. At least with gmail its web based and "should" use the servers IP. So a little safer. Your desktop client uses your IP and nothing else.

Its not bulletproof and there is never a guarantee gmail wont accidentally screw you up. But if you insist on getting them all in one, thats a better option.
Old 10-24-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,406 Times in 871 Posts
Longevity: 81%

Build a Computer that you can Change Hard drives,,Each Hard drive will Have a Unique Combination of Operating System, Browser, and Antivirus, and have 1 Ebay,,1 Paypal,,,1 Amazon,,1 Gmail,,,ect,ect Account associated with it,,,It is almost like having as MANY Computers that you Need built into One

Now all you need to do is "Plug in" The Hard drive that has the Accounts that you need to access into the Computer,,Reset you Router for a New IP Address and go,,,

Your computer should also have 1 large 250gb - 1 TB Built in Drive Strictly for Storage, (Photos, Movies, Games, Documents, ect, ect,) You can also Put your Programs File folder here for all Of your Programs.

Everytime you need to set up a New set of accounts,,Just go out and get yourself a Cheap 50-100 Gb Used hard drive,,on Ebay you can get them as low as $10.00, set it up as Described above,,,,Boot and go,,,

I Have been doing this for Quite some time now and I Find that although a Little Expensive and Tricky to Initally set up,,,Once it is ready it is Very Fast,,, Virtually Idiot Proof,,,For me Anyway

Last edited by slapped; 10-24-2010 at 09:09 AM.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to slapped For This Useful Post:
GreenBean (10-24-2010), jbluntz (10-24-2010), pod (10-24-2010)
Old 10-24-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by beaches View Post
i use multiple computers and seperate hard drives
REALLY OVERKILL, if you know what your doing...you can have 20 accounts one ONE computer.
Old 10-24-2010
Executive [VIP]

I'll take overkill over accounts going down any day. I do know what I'm doing and I also take extra precautions. Win win.
Old 10-24-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by pod View Post
I'll take overkill over accounts going down any day. I do know what I'm doing and I also take extra precautions. Win win.
True that, it's just I believe that really it can be a clutter ESPECIALLY if you run more than 5+ accounts (unless you like being on HOARDERS) lol!!!
Old 10-25-2010

Longevity: 79%

i use a 1tb hard drive split in to 10 partitions with different operating system on each partition, i also use a 500gb hdd for storage.

Bend it, Shape it, Anyway you want it...http://www.auto-professionals.co.uk/...lies/dance.gif
Old 10-25-2010
Executive [VIP]

Hell, one TB is wasted. Could hold 40
I use an old 100 gb for 4.
Old 10-25-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,938 Times in 8,229 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

...I have set up multiple accts on one for eb, az, etc. on dial-up...now that's torture =)

And yes I am looking at getting dynamic IP soon...
Old 10-25-2010
Executive [VIP]

Oh man, that's torture. I would get a cable setup...