Buyer dramas - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Subscriber Discussions

Subscriber Discussions The juicy stuff...

Old 11-11-2010

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 80%
Default Buyer dramas

Just had some jerk bid on my listings at a ridiculous price so won all my items. They have sent me an email saying that they have emailed all my buyers to demand a refund. I just don't get it - This eegit bought something from me and left me positive feedback and then goes and does this! Getting loads of refund requests now because of this. I wouldn't mind my account had 100% feedback before this. Some people really have sad lives and have nothing better to do! I have now blocked this buyer and will do from my other accounts. Can I report him for non payment if goods purchased? Will eBay flag their account?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 11-11-2010

Longevity: 86%

First....people dont just go around and do that sort of thing for no reason. Did he/she ever contact you about a problem....

if not, why dont you ask him/her what is wrong? Learn from mistake, if people want a refund, offer the same as they would get if/when they file with paypal and give your "I am sorry's" and try and save the account since you had 100% feedback. If the buyer doesnt pay of course report him, nothing wrong with sending an email to ebay trust and saftey with a copy of his threatening email to you....good luck!
Old 11-11-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

How can he e-mail all your buyers? That info is usually private - unless he is contacting all the people who left you feedback?

You can't report him for non-payment but you can e-mail eBay if you want to retaliate.
Old 11-11-2010
MU

Longevity: 91%
Send a message via AIM to First Edition Send a message via MSN to First Edition Send a message via Yahoo to First Edition Send a message via Skype™ to First Edition

In the future, list your items under a private auction so he cannot contact the other buyers.

Also, yes, email trust and safety... that is a clear violation on very many levels.
Old 11-11-2010

Longevity: 78%

needhelpplease

You would be surprised how many nuts you can run into on ebay and how many reasons people seem to be able to make up to act like this.

jayne.w1

Contact ebay sending them the email and the header details and explain what you can.

They may not do anything about it unless you get your buyers to send in complaints about those messages he is sending.

If they are contacting all your customers through your feedback then do the same and and try make it sound as if ebay will be contacting them about this matter but that as you hold their custom so highly that you wanted to make sure there is no problem, and to explain what the problem is with this nut who seems to think I NPB'd them for fun, rather than to get my fees back.

Then you explain ebay will be asking you to send in any messages from this person to them so they can deal with the problem and hopefully remove this person from ebay so I would ask you to do the same just in case the ebay system does not work. If you get a message from this person then please report them to ebay through the ebay system.

Hopefully this way you will get your buyers sending in messages to ebay, on your side and we all know ebay react on the word of a buyer, when they will more likely just ignore the seller
Old 11-11-2010
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 81%

How has he managed to contact your buyers?

Not much you can do, you have this person's address so think about your options.
Old 11-11-2010
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayne.w1 View Post

Getting loads of refund requests now because of this
For what reason? Are these knock offs and he told them?

How eBay can let a buyer just contact all your customers is beyond me. The system is so badly broken in some places its truly sad.
Old 11-11-2010
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 80%

Thanks for your responses. Yes he was able to contact buyers through their feedback and no the items I am selling are completely legit. I will take your advice and report this nut. But don't want eBay fishing too much as is a stealth account. Also have noticed paypal have placed a hold on all my monies for the forseable future because of this. I feel like war is beginning!
Old 11-11-2010
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayne.w1 View Post

Yes he was able to contact buyers through their feedback
Why is this even allowed?? I can not think of a single reason why this is even an option. Its not a social network

At least they are legit. But what are they asking for refunds for?
Old 11-12-2010
MU

Longevity: 91%
Send a message via AIM to First Edition Send a message via MSN to First Edition Send a message via Yahoo to First Edition Send a message via Skype™ to First Edition

Through feedback? Well.... sounds like those deals are already done.

I don't think you would have a hold on your paypal balance because of this... and ebay is untouched? Something else is a foot here....
Old 11-13-2010

Longevity: 78%

If it were me, I would walk away from the account. Close the bank account associated with it. Something is very wrong when someone does this.

Another option is to contact ebays trust and safety dept and turn them in for harassment. Nothing will be done but this person sounds very aggressive to me

Tell them he has been harassing you at home, maybe by making threatening phone calls. Normally I wouldn't encourage lying but this sounds crazy. It should be stopped. I came here looking for answers because of something kinda like this but it wasn't this bad.

Also note the buyers name.

The person who tried to do something similar to me just changed "her" name and started selling. Perfect time for me to use this ebay account i don't want anyhow and do what she did to me, lie on her feedback. She just changed her name because she's probably screwed over many people. Maybe I'll leave fb that she is a stalker, she has an established account so it's weird she changed her name to something so long it's hard to type in to block her. Even the customers would see this as weird, I wouldn't bid on her items that's for sure.

Actually this he is a she. A buyer who got mad at me and used one of his numerous accounts to neutral me twice, my only neutrals on a 200 fb account, no reds.

He likes me now though...I kinda guided him into it after his second neutral by listing an item up auction he would want in the x rated section so that ended it.

Last edited by Melissa1971; 11-13-2010 at 04:53 AM.