New Account - Rapid Sales? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Subscriber Discussions

Subscriber Discussions The juicy stuff...

Old 01-20-2011

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 77%
Default New Account - Rapid Sales?

Im building up 3 stealth accounts slowly following advice on here and pottering around on various forums while i do this.

I came across a new business seller yesterday - account is 2 weeks old, hundres of listings and already quite a few sales. In the past i had opened legit accounts and done similar without thinking about it as i didnt know what i do now.

This got me thinking, as far as ebay is concerned my stealth accounts and his legit accounts are no different.

If we became restricted we could both provide the documents needed right?

So my question is - has anyone on here just gone full hog with a new account like this guy? Did it work out?

thanks
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 01-20-2011
Threadstarter  

Just to add, i know slowly is the best approach but then im also thinking at the back of my head that a lot of people will do the exact opposite.

for example - local plumbing wholesaler decides to list on ebay, loads of mid value items so account hits well over the 100 listing mark within a few days. Account is limited and he sends off supplier and registration details - account is given a green light and he is away without problems.

Im speculating here as i was in this kind of scenario a few years ago with a business i had, new account listing hundreds of mid value items from day 1. Account was restricted until we provided the documents. we faxed them in and 3 days later we were back on. Account never had another limitation or restriction until we lost it through seller non performance

This was years ago though, does anyone have experience with this recently?

Is there a way to fax these documents in prior to a limitation? Maybe contact ebay and explain that you expect a high volume of sales and wish to validate the account to avoide any issues?
Old 01-20-2011

Activity: 1%
Longevity: 76%
Send a message via Yahoo to WasTopRatedThenBanned

I think you would raise a flag going ahead of time.

Remember you are supposed to be new with no idea how eBay works.
Old 01-20-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Some people go all out but chances are not great. Operate slow and steady - have docs ready just in case but don't act pro-actively. If you get limited, you must absorb the impact that you are virtually barred. That's why you need to spread out sales.
Old 01-20-2011

My Formula: "Worked 25 out of 27 times" -Numbers updated

1. Look for "new homes" that no one has lived there before near your ip address.

2. Create an eBay and paypal account as an "18 year old" using the address from the new home.

3. Verify everything so that you can start selling.

4. Spend "1 hour" searching on the item you want to sell and bid on "1" item that is below $50 dollars not similar to the one you are going to sell.

5. Now scan your ID, drivers license, bank statement and phone bill. Get creative with documents if need be.

6. Now list a "non vero" item and start it above $20 dollars and wait 30min to 2 hours to get hit with the limitation.

7. Now call eBay and they will ask you to answer some questions answer non of the above. He will say he can't find you on the database "it's ok you will not be foud in any database since you are barely 18" you are barely starting your life. So it will be a 50/50 chace if he asks you for the documents, but if he does just fax them right away and account should be re-instated.

Magic number is not to be old is to be barely legal.

NOTE: You want to start selling as soon as you can to get hit with the limitation, That way you can get it out of the way. No need to sit on the account 30 days. It's the same thing, you will most likely get hit with the limitation anyways.

Last edited by TGMT²; 01-20-2011 at 07:36 PM.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to RedDevil® For This Useful Post:
BlackberryGuy (01-26-2011), bronwyn (02-02-2011), darko310 (04-01-2011), Mattcain (04-06-2011), OFFICE (02-02-2011)
Old 01-22-2011
Threadstarter  

Thanks, will give this a go today.
Old 01-22-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,406 Times in 871 Posts
Longevity: 81%

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedDevil® View Post

1. Look for "new homes" that no one has lived there before near your ip address.

2. Create an eBay and paypal account as an "18 year old" using the address from the new home.

4. Spend "1 hour" searching on the item you want to sell and bid on "1" item that is below $50 dollars not similar to the one you are going to sell.

5. Now scan your ID, drivers license, bank statement and phone bill. Get creative with documents if need be.

6. Now list a "non vero" item and start it above $20 dollars and wait 30min to 2 hours to get hit with the limitation.

7. Now call eBay and they will ask you to answer some questions answer non of the above. He will say he can't find you on the database "it's ok you will not be foud in any database since you are barely 18" you are barely starting your life. So it will be a 50/50 chace if he asks you for the documents, but if he does just fax them right away and account should be re-instated.

NOTE: You want to start selling as soon as you can to get hit with the limitation, That way you can get it out of the way. No need to sit on the account 30 days. It's the same thing, you will most likely get hit with the limitation anyways.

There is a lot ot merit to the Belief that you may want to Prepare yourself to deal with a Violation, and then kind of Run Towards it as opposed to trying to avoid it and "Get it out of the Way"
Old 01-24-2011

Longevity: 78%

That will work to get by EB, but your still in the hole when you bring in a high volume of payments and get a PP SSN request, so your still going to have to go slow regardless if you get the EB limit out of the way.

"6. Now list a "non vero" item and start it above $20 dollars and wait 30min to 2 hours to get hit with the limitation."

Ive never got hit with a limit after listing my first item??? Am I missing something? I suppose you mean list an item that will possibly get you limited such as computer software?

Quote:

Last edited by jhohman; 01-24-2011 at 12:06 AM.
Old 01-26-2011
Threadstarter  

Quick update.

New account, about 6 days old.

PP account verified and both eB and PP accounts are business.
(thought the business accounts may make me look more "Legit" when moving volume early on, to add to this i sent various emails to eB and PP saying i was a business new to eB and wanted to move some of my slow moving lines online and asked for advice how to do this quickly etc - All BS but i have them saved on file if anything crops up - even threw in a few live chat convos on the subject as i know they record these on your account)

Around 60 items listed, all "safe" items under £100.

Im going to slowly work this up to 100 listings by the weekend and see if i get a request for more information like i did last time i did this.

1st sale today and PP account is on the 21 day hold as to be expected - no big deal as i guess i cant get round this at this early stage of this account and the funds will clear after item is tracked as delivered.

Dont know if anyone is interested in my progress , perhaps forum newcomers like me? regardless i will update as it ties up time between making accounts and downloading new apps! ha ha.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to lucrative For This Useful Post:
bronwyn (02-02-2011), darko310 (04-01-2011), fdafdafda (01-28-2011), noteveragain (01-26-2011)
Old 01-26-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%

Looking forward to your updates lucrative - seems like you are pushing way too hard from the starting blocks but all the best.
The Following User Says Thank You to rsot For This Useful Post:
lucrative (01-26-2011)
Old 01-26-2011

Longevity: 76%

I definitely want to know. Please keep us posted.
The Following User Says Thank You to noteveragain For This Useful Post:
lucrative (01-27-2011)
Old 01-29-2011
Threadstarter  

Little update.

Things are moving along ok, I have been in contact with eB a lot about this account to document the growth on file with them through logged conversations.

Obviously there advice was to gain high dsr ratings and good feedback and the account should not face any limitations, so that is basically my "job" on this account for the next few weeks. I have listed a lot of items with no reserve that i'm happy to sell at cost just to get a lot of high ratings and 5 star dsr's in as quickly as possible. I have also listed fixed priced listings with the same ethos.

Sold perhaps 20 items so far and got them all out on a next day service with ups to ensure the best feedback possible. Got a lot of items ending this weekend as i set a lot up to end on the evenings of Saturday and Sunday.

I went with auctions as an attempt to lower any chances of red flags from eB early on. My thinking being that listing 100 items with a market value of £100 but starting them at 0.99 is better than listing 100 items at £100 buy it now incase the amounts worried they system.

I have set up another 3 accounts following the same ideas as this one, i have a thought in my head that if they all work ok i can rotate each one over a 90 day period so my "main" one of these 4 is not effected by the odd rogue low dsr score that we all get from time to time. In my experience a string of unfair low DSR's can cut the income of an account by 90% or more due to lowered search standings. Hopping off and onto a new account with high sales trends recorded on it may help avoid this dip.

I do have several other stealth accounts listing 1 item every few days but as a business seller i ideally would like 4 accounts that are suitable for high volume, hence me trying this.

Any advice welcome.
Old 01-29-2011
Threadstarter  

Just to add, the PP 21 day holds come straight off the funds as soon as positive feedback is received, so i have some funds already at my disposal from these new accounts. :D

Im sure all of you already know this but it may help assure some new users that the hold is not the end of the world.
Old 01-29-2011

Longevity: 81%

Keep updating im interested in how you progress :-)
Old 01-29-2011

Longevity: 80%

Lucrative, I prefer your method than going slow!

At least if they are going to close the account down (normally PayPal I have issues with) I'd rather they did it when the account is only a couple of months old than a nice aged account!
Old 02-02-2011

Interesting method, I'll have to give it a shot.
Old 02-03-2011

@jhohman: Yup lol thats what i meant.

@slapped: Huh?? did not get what you meant by your post lol.
Old 02-03-2011

he meant sometimes its easier to get limited with valid documents to get it over with and then....VRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOMMMMMMMMMM go go go go = cash

i havent made any new accounts lately and dont feel like trying it either tricky stuff
Think I'll buy me a football team

Last edited by MtnDew; 02-03-2011 at 02:58 PM.
Old 04-02-2011
Threadstarter  

Another Update:

Forgot about this thread, if anyone is still interested then here is whats been happening on these accounts lately.

As i mentioned i wanted to try this method on 4 accounts, they are all about 2 months old now and have been going well. One netted 3800 GBP in the past week so thats my best week for an account so far since going stealth.

I did have to scan in and email "documents" to PP, i was worried about this at first but it was definately nothing to worry about. Once they were on my file the ball was rolling.

Strangely one PP account still has the 21 day hold in place while the other 3 dont. This account in question is a business account, verified with a debit and credit card on file - So its actually as legit as i can make it. 2 Of the accounts never actually had the 21 day hold placed on them. I feel this hold may be somewhat random as it definately does not apply to all new accounts, perhaps i ticked some kind of green box in the set up of these 2 account which bypassed the hold? I will go over my steps to see....

Now that i know these accounts have been screend i just need to keep them well maintained.

On the flip side i have other accounts running below the monthly threshold jst incase, the most important thing i have learnt since using eB is dont have your eggs all in one basket.

The only nightmare is that im so meticulous about the stealth accounts and the process involved in using them safely that i wont let either of the 2 lads who work for me use them so im doing all the listing and messages etc meaning im in the office a hell of a lot more....

Last edited by lucrative; 04-02-2011 at 09:41 AM.
Old 04-06-2011
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 75%

Quote:

sending you PM about this