Musings - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Subscriber Discussions

Subscriber Discussions The juicy stuff...

Old 02-08-2011

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 79%
Default Musings

Lately I've been feeling a little guilty for my stealth ways. I mean, I love working for myself and having mini-businesses on ebay, and online in general, don’t get me wrong… but the fact that this is not being done in my real details is upsetting to me morally.

When I first got back on ebay it was joyous for sure… the fact that they banned me for (what I consider, at least, to be) no good reason made me feel quite victorious when I was able to find a work-around via stealth. But lately some required actions of being stealth is getting to me… and it’s not just the morals,
I guess I’m just wondering if anyone feels the same?
The Following User Says Thank You to kris For This Useful Post:
kswilfong (02-09-2011)
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 02-08-2011

Longevity: 77%

yeah mate, but why do you feel so, if you aint doing anything bad? How much morally sick should eby/pp feel? lofl! Chill X and enjoy life the stealth way

It is not simple and easy, but hard is thought and we need to stay for its rules
Relax mate and you feel greater :D

Old 02-08-2011
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,553 Times in 2,205 Posts
Activity: 50%
Longevity: 91%

if you:

1. Items are as described
2. You ship your items to paying customers in a timely manner
3. You pay your fees.
4. YOu give great service

I think that that enough of good ethics , when you are swimming with the sharks that BREAK the rules whenever they feel like.
Old 02-08-2011

As Saijin said Follow your rules, give your customer great service and never try to fraud and if you did, just give something back to :P

I think there are more important problems to think on mate
Goodluck with your accounts and look after them. Do not forget the hardwork you had to put in them

Old 02-08-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts
Longevity: 81%

Why feel bad? I consider myself to be a very moral person and I have no qualms.

I am not ripping anybody off, all of my customers get their merchandise, as described and quickly. Negative feedbacks are VERY rare and I get thank you notes from customers all the time for going above and beyond.

I have never left unpaid fees in my wake, and I file honestly and pay my taxes.

So who is hurt?
Old 02-08-2011
Threadstarter  

Yep... I totally stand by my products and would never try to screw over a customer... I actually pride myself on the great customer service I offer. I do work hard.

Its not that... its just the stuff we have to do,

I certainly appreicate your supportive comments!
Old 02-08-2011

personally, you know what I hate mate? When I need to go to the bank, saying listen I need a new CC... They look at me as if what are you doing with your CC that you did 2 months ago .. I feel really bad, but you mate, feel lucky you got bank account facility to add, and the important is giving your customer what he needs.

Goodluck mate
Best Regards,

:D
Old 02-08-2011
Red X

Longevity: 0%

FINALLY, someone understands me. It is a really bad feeling, and I'd rather sell without using stealth methods, I mean to each their own, but this is the reason why i'm looking for other ways to make money online using my real info. It just feels odd going through all of this, it's not about the money, and the knowledge here is great though, but it just feels uncomfortable.
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
kris (02-08-2011)
Old 02-08-2011
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 80%

Quote:
Originally Posted by kris View Post
Lately I've been feeling a little guilty for my stealth ways. I mean, I love working for myself and having mini-businesses on ebay, and online in general, don’t get me wrong… but the fact that this is not being done in my real details is upsetting to me morally.

When I first got back on ebay it was joyous for sure… the fact that they banned me for (what I consider, at least, to be) no good reason made me feel quite victorious when I was able to find a work-around via stealth. But lately some required actions of being stealth (lying when calling ebay, creating and faxing docs, accepting funds to my bank in stealth names, etc) is getting to me… and it’s not just the morals, but also the worry of possible legal repercussions that worries me.

I guess I’m just wondering if anyone feels the same?
Your feelings are honorable. Too bad politicians, wall street, and fianancial (banks) institutions didn't feel this way. They have no soul, and I hope they, most, go to hell!
The Following User Says Thank You to cherrqell For This Useful Post:
kris (02-09-2011)
Old 02-08-2011

Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherrqell View Post
Your feelings are honorable. Too bad politicians, wall street, and fianancial (banks) institutions didn't feel this way. They have no soul, and I hope they, most, go to hell!
wow thats a powerful statement. I agree totally but wow lets not get them after use on here

and yes I really do understand when I sign something or even in my closing in an email I hate putting "thanks, John Kennedy or Ronald Reagan" I use all ex prez names on my accounts

But like stated above I pride myself on getting customers products they want at a fair price and their positive feedback is a good measuring stick to make it level out. I dont sell a ton but i really dont think I've ever had a customer that would not buy from me again.
Think I'll buy me a football team
Old 02-09-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts

agreed, but actually doing business under your exact real details is bad for you, regrdless of if you got banned or not, I realised that lately. I like being behind a pobox or different address to home one, if something goes wrong or you get a psycho or stalker, its less personal. I actually moved AND got a new name a while back and choose not to use them, they belong to ME..I know that I give really really good quick service and I sort out problems as they arise fairly and in buyers favour, so my conscience is clear. I gift wrap things, add extra free gifts, expedite parcels for people in a hurry, save guys sorry butts when their wifes birthday is tomorrow..you would not get that kind of personal service from a company, not for free anyway! I agree with saijin (and she knows my story) I think I got banned totally unfairly..they cut me off purely because it was too much hassle to look in to my case and I was the little guy. They know people get right back up and sign up again, its a game.

Last edited by oompaloompa; 02-09-2011 at 10:29 AM.
Old 02-09-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%

@kris, I hear what you're saying but like saijin and oomps were saying, you are not defrauding customers.

When you do put eb ay in the context of a "game". think of it as your original "avatar" was killed off (likely UNFAIRLY) so you're just resetting under a new character. You figure buyers care about true identity vs. stealth? No - they want what they PAY for. Give them that, make them happy, solid customer service, and it's all good. Pay your fees, etc. and I would not worry.

There are many many other things to lose sleep over let alone feel "morally reprehensible".

Keep up the good work.
Old 02-09-2011
Threadstarter  

No, I'm not defrauding customers... just ebay and paypal.Although this is a MUCH better option, but I would prefer not to do anything to anyone. If there was anyway of going back to using my real details, I'd do it in a second. (Although I do agree with you Oompa, about the crazies out there, and would probably still choose to use a PO Box).

Rsot... LOVE the avatar analogy!!!

ALthough I've been feeling a bit down about this lately, I must say that it does help to have the support and assistance of like-minded individuals here in the forums. Once again guys, I thank you, and am happy to be a part of this community.
Old 02-09-2011
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 89%

^^^Let's say you started with your real details with ebay and you had no stealth options (they didn't exist)? How would you feel then? Buyers, Paypal ,Ebay the works, beating up on you every day till your gone for good! That feeling sucks!
Old 02-09-2011

Longevity: 76%

Quote:
Originally Posted by kris View Post
If there was anyway of going back to using my real details, I'd do it in a second.
I just made a post tonight about a conversation I had with eBay on the phone. It might be just my circumstances .. or it might be untrue. I don't know. The post is here: Is eBay lying to me?

I have not yet made my stealth account but the very same things are bothering me. It's not so much that I don't want to lie to ebay and paypal, I just don't like lying period. And I don't want to deal with this for years feeling like I'm some sort of fugitive or something lol. It all seems like it will be such a hassle to keep up with it when I have done absolutely nothing wrong .. my account was suspended solely because of something my son did.

In any case, I'm very tempted to try opening the account as I described in my post. It would be completely legal with all my own information .. but I WOULD use the new mailing address that I just got set up simply because it seems like a good idea for other reasons. And I might also switch to a different computer user account to log into paypal and eBay since its pretty simple to do if it helps at all. Only problem is .. if this doesn't work then I need to get a new mailing address all over again to go stealth :(
Old 02-10-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%

@kris

Your statement "No, I'm not defrauding customers... just ebay and paypal" is untrue =)

You pay your fees and don't bilk them out of money so you are not defrauding them at all.
Old 02-10-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts

exactly if you pay your fees you are adding to ebay and paypal profits

you can use a business name or real name mixed with business address if you want to anyway.

only issues that are a bit disconcerting, I will be honest can be providing ID...
Old 02-10-2011
Threadstarter  

Well Rsot, (if I wanted to be picky) by definition, fraud is an intentional deception made for personal gain. This I am guilty of when I call up and lie when asked for my name, and when I provide ID.

But I dont want to be picky

I just hate to lie. At the same time, I do not want to give up my online profits, and stealth is the only way I've found, so far, to keep those profits flowing. However Oompa brings up a good point regarding the business name. This is something I overlooked when first setting up stealth... but something that I will look into now.
Old 02-13-2011

Longevity: 76%

@kris - very interesting topic.

I have a few rhetorical questions. Just some things to think about. Why were you forced to go stealth? Was it for some crazy ebay/paypal policy that caused you to lose your hard earned identity on ebay?

How stealth are you? Just hiding behind DBA or LLC? You are entitled to privacy as was hinted previously.

If these things really bother you, why not move over to Amazon or your own commerce store?