Is eBay lying to me? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Subscriber Discussions

Subscriber Discussions The juicy stuff...

Old 02-09-2011

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 76%
Default Is eBay lying to me?

My ebay account was indefinately suspended because it was linked to my son's account and he was selling some VERO. We each had our own separate EB/PP accounts but he lives with me and pays his rent to me through our paypal accounts. Apparently that is why we were linked (I managed to sweet talk the eBay rep into agreeing that was most likely the problem).

I've called eBay on several occasions trying to get my account back to no avail. I called tonight one more time and spoke to the Safety and Trust group (or something like that..) and asked them ever so kindly ... that since my paypal account has never been limited over this, if I could simply open another eBay account without getting suspended. She said no, it would definitely get suspended because it would be linked to my old PP account which is linked forever to my son's account.

Sooo, then I asked her if I opened a brand new PP acct and NEVER transferred money between the accounts .. PLUS never transferred money between MY old and new PP accts ... could I then used this NEW PP acct for a NEW eBay acct .. and would that one get suspended eventually? She said NO, it would NOT get suspended under those conditions provided I didn't break any eBay policies with my new account, etc.

Does this sound possible? Here I am poised and ready to go completely stealth but hating the idea of switching out IP's every time I want to log into PayPal (my son is still using another old PP acct for non-eBay related business so I don't want him logging in with my stealth IP).

This sounds just too good to be true. Any opinions?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 02-10-2011

Longevity: 78%

You have to go stealth, other than that it will be link
Old 02-10-2011
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 76%

I think you are probably right. But I was very specific with the eBay rep. I asked "will my account be suspended because of my last name and IP address?" And she said no, that ebay knows that family members live in the same house with the same IP but have different accounts.

My account was suspended because it had a "hard link" which is because I transferred money between paypal accts. But she said IP and cookies are not hard links. Maybe they make exceptions?
Old 02-10-2011

Longevity: 78%

No, no exception. They follow their rules very good. Once you linked it is done. Even you provided everything they need they still limit your account or closed for good.
The Following User Says Thank You to BlackberryGuy For This Useful Post:
rsot (02-10-2011)