Want to operate accounts on the go? DATA Plan? Hotspot modem? - Page 2 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Subscriber Discussions

Subscriber Discussions The juicy stuff...

Old 07-11-2011

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 74%

ok i figured BOOO lol
but hey its worth it!
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 07-12-2011

Longevity: 77%

Got unlimited 3G for only $20 here,talk about sweetness
Old 07-12-2011

this mifi 2200 ... do u basically put it in front of u in ur house or if ur driving u can have it next to u and u connect thru the mifi 2200 and the mifi connects to the 3G?

can this be purchased anywhere in the UK?
Old 07-12-2011

I am not sure how it works I havent gotten it yet but I believe it is a portable hotspot/internet connection.

Hey how did you get the $20 unlimited 3g? That would be sOOOO much faster than dialup!
Old 07-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by unkown5454 View Post
They treat the MiFi box and USB dongle separately from the phones.
Hey unknown I have another question for ya, or anyone that knows the answer. I have about 5-6 accounts all in different states all over the country. My question is if I get theis mifi and try to use it on at least some of the accounts, wont the ip addresses I get be local from where I am? Or is there a way to get the ips to be from certain states (like with dial ups)?

THANKS GUYS & GALS I always appreciate the help
Old 07-12-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,342 Times in 961 Posts
Activity: 2%
Longevity: 76%

Quote:
Originally Posted by culexevilman View Post
Got unlimited 3G for only $20 here,talk about sweetness
Asia is the birthplace of 3G, so of course you get the best deals!
The Following User Says Thank You to unkown5454 For This Useful Post:
Bluemag66 (06-18-2012)
Old 07-12-2011
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by livelifewild View Post
Hey unknown I have another question for ya, or anyone that knows the answer. I have about 5-6 accounts all in different states all over the country. My question is if I get theis mifi and try to use it on at least some of the accounts, wont the ip addresses I get be local from where I am? Or is there a way to get the ips to be from certain states (like with dial ups)?

THANKS GUYS & GALS I always appreciate the help
Wireless IPs like this come from all over the place and have a huge radius on how the generate. They will base out of your state, but could be dozens of miles away from you.

You can use MiFi on any account you want, does not matter. It only causes problems at times when sending money from Pa yP al to your bank account because the IP is always changing. You can do it, but you won't clear huge transfers so keep the withdraws moderate.

Also, don't use the MiFi to purchase items outside of eB ay while using one of your Pa yP al accounts. If they don't recognize the IP, they will freeze the payment and limit your account. Then you have to verify your identity evey time.
Old 07-13-2011

oh wow ok...thanks that does help out HUGE!! and I guess I could still keep the dial up thing in the works that way if I need to ever use my paypal outside ebay I can just log on to the dial up accounts. Seriously you guys have NOOOOO idea how much this mifi thing will help me. It takes me like 13 hrs a day to do all my accounts with dial up it drives me up the wall. Having 3g or 4g would cut everything in half maybe less.

Now to start saving for a mifi!
Old 07-13-2011
Executive [VIP]

T-Mobile 4G and Verizon LTE have been the fastest for me. Like as fast as cable modems...

3G is usually the equivalent of a moderate DSL service, which is still plenty fast.
Old 07-14-2011

Longevity: 83%
Default How to enable tethering on the LG Optimus V

I've been planning on getting the prepaid Virgin Optimus for a while. They are going for $129 on Amazon right now. T-Mobile has a prepaid version too, but the plan's don't look as good

Here's info on how to use the hot spot without spending and $$$, I haven't bought the phone yet to test this out, but I will try this soon myself.....

How to enable tethering on the LG Optimus V | How To - CNET

Virgin Mobile's LG Optimus V is selling like hotcakes right now (it's out of stock just about everywhere), and with good reason: It runs Android 2.2, requires no contract, and costs as little as $25 per month--a price that includes anytime voice minutes and unlimited data.

The only drawback? Despite the presence of Android 2.2, which offers native support for tethering (i.e., using the phone as a mobile Wi-Fi hot spot), the Optimus V comes with the feature disabled.

Thankfully, there's a very easy workaround, one that requires no rooting and no expense. All you need is a free app called Quick Settings, which is available from Android Market.

When you run the app, you'll see a list of settings: brightness, Ringer, Volume control, Wi-Fi, and so on. Here's how to add Wi-Fi hot spot to that list:

1.Press your phone's Menu button, then tap Customize.
2.Scroll down under Hidden Settings until you see Wi-Fi hot spot, then tap and drag it up to the Visible Settings section.
3.Tap the Back button to return to the main screen.
4.Now you'll see the Wi-Fi hot spot option. Tap the Off button to turn it on.
That's all there is to it! Now your Optimus V is a mobile hot spot. When you're done, just tap On to toggle the feature off again. (You'll need to manually turn on Wi-Fi again as well.) I've tested this several times, and it works beautifully.

The caveat, of course, is that because Virgin Mobile doesn't support tethering, there's the potential for blowback (though I think it's very unlikely). Thus, use this tip at your own risk.

Now if we could just do something about the Optimus V's lack of Flash support...
The Following User Says Thank You to Road-Kill For This Useful Post:
MichaelW (07-15-2011)
Old 07-14-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,406 Times in 871 Posts
Longevity: 81%

Road-Kill,,with all Respect,,what is desribed in your Post is Enabeling the Hotspot feature on the Phone,,a LOT of phone makers Bury this Feature because they Do NOT Want their Phones being used as Hotsopts putting Extra Strain on their 3G/4G Systems, so they Bury the Feature,,With a Hotsopt 2,3,or more People can use the Internet with a Single Hotsopt and they want to avoid that at all costs,,,

Tethering and Hotspots are really a Little Different,,,phone companies like Verizon will Charge you for the "Hotspot" feature SEPERATLY from your Phone Plan,,,With Tethering You will use the SAME Data plan that you pay for on your Phone.

If you are already paying for an Unlimited data Plan for your Phone then you really should look into Tethering,,which is simply Hooking up your Laptop, computer, or Tablet to your Phone and getting onto the Internet thru your Phone,,the phone will be the Modem,,,

you need to download some software on your phone which you will find in your App Store (Android, apple, Whatever) and then you need to download some Software to your Computer, laptop or Tablet,,connect to your Phone with the Proper USB Cable,and your DONE!!

I use the Paid ($9.99--ONE TIME Payment) Version of Easy Tether and I Love it,,Read this:

EasyTether - Android tethering F.A.Q. EasyTether with Froyo, EasyTether T-Mobile, EasyTether for Mac, EasyTether with Ubuntu, EasyTether with PS3, Wii, XBox

Last edited by slapped; 07-14-2011 at 11:20 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to slapped For This Useful Post:
livelifewild (10-14-2011)
Old 07-14-2011

Longevity: 83%

Thanks for the info.

What I want to do is get the Virgin Optimus and use it's 3G network with my laptop. So it sounds like I don't need the MiFi box and all I need to do is turn on the hot spot feature?

Is there any reason to buy the tethering device you are talking about, in my case? I think the hotspot is part of the plan and dosn't cost extra. I want to change IP's, so whatever works easier with doing that would be the way to go.

Last edited by Road-Kill; 07-14-2011 at 11:55 AM.
Old 07-14-2011

Is there anyway to tether a LG android with virgin mobile service to your laptop?

If its not too crazy with the technicals I might be able to do it.
I already have the phone, and already pay for unlimited internet, and email with the plan. I hate to have to go out and buy a mifi and service for it.
Appreciate the help!
Old 07-14-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,406 Times in 871 Posts
Longevity: 81%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Road-Kill View Post
Thanks for the info.

What I want to do is get the Virgin Optimus and use it's 3G network with my laptop. So it sounds like I don't need the MiFi box and all I need to do is turn on the hot spot feature?

Is there any reason to buy the tethering device you are talking about, in my case? I think the hotspot is part of the plan and dosn't cost extra. I want to change IP's, so whatever works easier with doing that would be the way to go.
You are Correct,,If the Hotspot Will NOT Cost you anymore Money then all you need to do is Unlock the Hotspot on your Phone and Simply Turn it on,,and your laptop will see it and Connect,,,

@ livelifewile,,,Simply Download EasyTether from the Android Market onto your Phone,,Get the Paid ($9.99) version Lifetime Updates among many other things then with your LAPTOP go to:

Easy Tether Android; USB Modem - tether your smartphone to Mac/Win/Linux; Bluetooth tethering; USB tethering; iPad games; Nokia games; Meteor Block Breaker for Android, iPhone, BlackBerry and more

and Click on the Android Solutions Link and Download and install the Drivers for Your Operating system,,then get a Cable to connect your Phone to your Laptop and thats it,,,Go Online with your Laptop

Last edited by slapped; 07-14-2011 at 11:51 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to slapped For This Useful Post:
livelifewild (07-15-2011), MichaelW (07-15-2011)
Old 07-15-2011
Red X

Longevity: 0%

Go to Target or Prepaid Cell Phone Service and Pay as You Go | Virgin Mobile

Purchase Samsung Intercept, or any of their other android phones, and get unlimited Data for $25 per month, soon it'll be $35 per month.

Download PDAnet for FREE

Now you're ready to go! Good Luck
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
MichaelW (07-15-2011)
Old 07-15-2011
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 77%

Do you have to "register" these mobile broadband dongles on your real name? Or do you use stealth details when registering them?
Old 07-15-2011
Executive [VIP]

Stealth mercurial333.

And I want some people to confirm all this nonsense with Virgin's device first. All I see is talk.

Normally these devices have to be rooted, even with that app suggested called PDAnet.
The Following User Says Thank You to unkown5454 For This Useful Post:
mercurial333 (07-15-2011)
Old 07-15-2011
Red X

Longevity: 0%

What's the point of rooting them, when you can use them for business right out of the box? The only reason I'd see a need for rooting Is to use it wirelessly.
Old 07-15-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by slapped View Post

@ livelifewile,,,Simply Download EasyTether from the Android Market onto your Phone,,Get the Paid ($9.99) version Lifetime Updates among many other things then with your LAPTOP go to:

Easy Tether Android; USB Modem - tether your smartphone to Mac/Win/Linux; Bluetooth tethering; USB tethering; iPad games; Nokia games; Meteor Block Breaker for Android, iPhone, BlackBerry and more

and Click on the Android Solutions Link and Download and install the Drivers for Your Operating system,,then get a Cable to connect your Phone to your Laptop and thats it,,,Go Online with your Laptop
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!
I will try this soon...my screen actually just broke lol talk about perfect timing. Anyway I am getting another screen asap and will try this within the next few days!
Old 07-15-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by unkown5454 View Post
Stealth mercurial333.

And I want some people to confirm all this nonsense with Virgin's device first. All I see is talk.

Normally these devices have to be rooted, even with that app suggested called PDAnet.
Can you explain what "rooted" is?
I will be trying some of the tricks soon with my virgin mobile optimus v andriod by lg. As soon as I get my screen replaced, and I will let you guys know if it works...if not i'll be asking you more questions lol
Old 07-16-2011
Executive [VIP]

Rooting Android is like Jailbreaking iPhones.

Basically you are able to install completely stock Android experience as it was originally developed by Google, completely open and unlocked.

Any device using Android 2.2 or higher has the personal hotspot feature for free when the device is rooted.
Old 07-16-2011

Gotcha, anyone know how to route an android?
Be willing to pay a little lol