eb ay refunding seller fees - anyone have any luck? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Subscriber Discussions

Subscriber Discussions The juicy stuff...

Old 05-19-2011
Subscribed [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 76%
Default eb ay refunding seller fees - anyone have any luck?

When eb ay shut my accounts down recently, they ended all the active listings and refunded all the fees, as they do, and i have ended up in credit on one of my accounts to the tune of nearly £100. I owe them £20 on the other account, and funnily enough, they email me twice a week at least to say that the balance is outstanding, and will i pay them, etc - they even suspended my account which is already indefinately suspended, which made me laugh.

Anyway, i finally got through to eb ay UK customer services (which i think are based in Calcutta or somewhere like that, as no-one there speaks english very well), and told them to take the money i owed them off the money they owed me, and do a bank transfer to me for the balance - the accounts were both in my name, one business and one personal, all this was pre- stealth guide stuff.

After them saying they would refund some money to my pa yp al account, and me telling them it was no good because that was also suspended, about 5 times, i finally lost my rag and asked for a manager.
After being on hold for about 10 minutes, one came on the phone, and very quickly agreed to send me a cheque for the amount they owe me, and i then need to send them back a cheque for the amount i owe them, as although the accounts are both linked, and both in the same name and address, they cannot deduct one set of fees for another apparently!

The manager said i would receive a cheque in the next 15 days, but it sounds a biit too good to be true, has anyone else had any experience with getting seller fees refunded like this?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 05-24-2011
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

sorry to sound impatient guys, but could really do with knowing if anyone else has experienced any joy in similar circumstances - they are now phoning to chase the 20 odd quid i owe them, and saying they are adding on debt collection agency fees, yet when i told them i was waiting for a cheque from them they just didnt give a damn!
Old 05-24-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

I have no experience with this - just making a comment to show that your thread is alive and kicking.
Old 05-24-2011

Longevity: 75%
Send a message via MSN to ShadyOne

Hey Daz,

So they are sending you £100 and you owe them £20?

Can you not pay them and save yourself the debt collection? If you can, just make them wait a week or so to make yourself feel better haha

Yeah many people have received a cheque for the fees eBay owed them.
Old 05-25-2011
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Hi Shady,
thanks for the answer - there are a couple of problems i have:

a. i am so damn skint at the moment, i really cant afford to pay them £20, when i have to scrap about in the pennies jar to pay for the kids school dinners or find petrol money, £20 would make a lot of difference to me - i used to make a full-time living out of eb ay, and 3 months without an income has taken all of my savings up just paying the bills.

b. Why the hell should i send them money while they still owe it to me? Both accounts were non-stealth ones, linked, in the same name and address, using the same p pal account. I told them to deduct the £20 from the £100 they owe me and send me a cheque for the balance, which i think is more than reasonable, but they said they couldnt do that. I had to speak to a manager to get them to agree to send me a cheque, which apparently takes 15 days to process!

Its good to hear you know of people who have received cheques, so there is every chance of one arriving, it would come in really handy at the moment
Old 05-25-2011

Longevity: 79%

No debt collection agency would purchase this debt to chase you up anyway.

You will however do your credit rating damage as pp will black mark you and under your current circumstances i would say you need that a hole in the head.

Not paying the 20 quid would cost you more in the long run if you try and get credit

If you was stealth then it wouldn't be so important

Bend it, Shape it, Anyway you want it...http://www.auto-professionals.co.uk/...lies/dance.gif