Newbie with questions about items being sold - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Subscriber Discussions

Subscriber Discussions The juicy stuff...

Old 07-07-2011

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 74%
Default Newbie with questions about items being sold

Just read through the eBay Stealth Book and thought the information was fantastic. I have been going to bat with eBay and Paypal for my entire adult life. Ive had thousands of dollars held by paypal over the years. My eBay accounts are always solid, sometimes making it into the thousands with 100%feedback until the suspensions/limitations by paypal.

Ive been selling used golf equipment on eBay for years, through a plethora of names and accounts.

Now, I have a few questions that I could really use help with!

Are my products, used golf balls and clubs considered high risk?

I sell Titleist, Callaway, Mizuno and TaylorMade products.. all used. I have always stayed away from selling Nike products, as I have found initial limitations hard to deal with when relisting. Are these brands considered high risk?

What am I doing to get continually limited?

I have always changed ISP's, misspelled my name, changed addresses, used new bank accounts, left money in my paypal accounts, used multiorder shipping in paypal, ect ect. My passwords have been very similar though, and I never thought of really switching up my item descriptions and photo names. Is it because I sell specific products? I think my latest one was due to a spike in sales that I wasnt expecting. I had some old raggedy stuff to just throw on and see how it worked. Ended up selling all of it, on an account that was 3 weeks old.

Is it better to pay for shipping out of pocket with USPS, then upload shipping data to paypal and ebay? Does that keep your transactions down?

Will buying on an eBay account in bulk then selling on the same ebay name have any consequences?

My 2nd last paypal account got messed up in February. I still had a great eBay account. I was approved for a merchant account and tried to link it, and they said they wouldnt do it because of me having a burned paypal account. Now, can I use that same merchant account again with new keys from authorize.net? Its in my name actual name, and I dont plan on using that ever again on the ebay or paypal.

How much is too much in a sales persepective? Is withdrawing $1000 a month going to cause problems? How abot $5000?

My new plan is to open 10 eBay and Paypal accounts to sell 10-20 auctions each a month, at $50 an auction. Is this type of volume small enough to stay under the radar?

Thanks in advance for all of your answers!

Last edited by tmollison44; 07-07-2011 at 09:34 PM. Reason: aDDITION
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 07-07-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Welcome to the forum.

http://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-di...ew-people.html

Impending death is the ONLY reason to call for Help.

Quick look at your post, you need to read again again again.
Old 07-07-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmollison44 View Post
Just read through the eBay Stealth Book and thought the information was fantastic. I have been going to bat with eBay and Paypal for my entire adult life. Ive had thousands of dollars held by paypal over the years. My eBay accounts are always solid, sometimes making it into the thousands with 100%feedback until the suspensions/limitations by paypal.

Ive been selling used golf equipment on eBay for years, through a plethora of names and accounts.

Now, I have a few questions that I could really use help with!

Are my products, used golf balls and clubs considered high risk?

I sell Titleist, Callaway, Mizuno and TaylorMade products.. all used. I have always stayed away from selling Nike products, as I have found initial limitations hard to deal with when relisting. Are these brands considered high risk?

What am I doing to get continually limited?
Such items are known to be troublesome to sell long term. Without knowning what your buyers are doing, I would not comment on why your accounts are being burned.

Quote:
I have always changed ISP's, misspelled my name, changed addresses, used new bank accounts, left money in my paypal accounts, used multiorder shipping in paypal, ect ect. My passwords have been very similar though, and I never thought of really switching up my item descriptions and photo names. Is it because I sell specific products? I think my latest one was due to a spike in sales that I wasnt expecting. I had some old raggedy stuff to just throw on and see how it worked. Ended up selling all of it, on an account that was 3 weeks old.
Did you remove cookies, clear cache etc? Similar items, passwords and re-using the same photos is enough to cause LINKING if you get reviewed. Stealth means really really new you. Not seeing an image like that so far, tbh.

Quote:
Is it better to pay for shipping out of pocket with USPS, then upload shipping data to paypal and ebay? Does that keep your transactions down?
Best to do whatever you prefer. Others can answer too.

Quote:
Will buying on an eBay account in bulk then selling on the same ebay name have any consequences?
Of course it will. If something goes wrong with the buying side, the whole account gets looked at. Conversely, if something goes wrong wtih the selling, yada yada yada. Rethink this plan

Quote:
My 2nd last paypal account got messed up in February. I still had a great eBay account. I was approved for a merchant account and tried to link it, and they said they wouldnt do it because of me having a burned paypal account. Now, can I use that same merchant account again with new keys from authorize.net? Its in my name actual name, and I dont plan on using that ever again on the ebay or paypal.
If it's off ebay, then you shpould be fine. Check with their customer service.

Quote:
How much is too much in a sales persepective? Is withdrawing $1000 a month going to cause problems? How abot $5000?

My new plan is to open 10 eBay and Paypal accounts to sell 10-20 auctions each a month, at $50 an auction. Is this type of volume small enough to stay under the radar?

Thanks in advance for all of your answers!
Your NEW plan should be to get say x3 accounts working, earning and going OK.
Whilst I applaud aiming high, too high is too far to fall.

Read my post above. Bit more reading, then a refined plan should be done
tmollison44 (07-08-2011)
Old 07-08-2011
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 74%

I re-read the Stealth Book, and Ive came to the conclusion that ive answered emails that are from eBay messages from my Blackberry from my account that got burned in February and the one that was burned yesterday... Didnt think that they would be able to trace that.
Old 07-08-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,920 Times in 8,212 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

GB has nicely - as usual - dissected the thread and addressed your main points.
Old 07-08-2011

I know that knockoff clubs and balls are available from Asia, so maybe this is a VERO based issue?
Old 07-08-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,342 Times in 961 Posts
Activity: 11%
Longevity: 76%

Yes, anything golf related is super high risk. Same goes for baseball bats and such equipment.
Old 07-08-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,406 Times in 871 Posts
Longevity: 81%

Honestly,,I Have been at this for Years,,,and a Long time ago I simply decided to take every Precaution Possible to promote the Longevity of my accouints, while at the same time keeping myself ready for the Ultimatly Inevitable,,,,The BOOT,,,,

Simply do the Best you can to Avoid Suspension (Follow the Guide),,and Accept that Suspensions are a Way of Ebay Life,,and Make THAT your plan instead of Ripping the Hairs off your Hear trying to come up with the "Holy Grail" of account Creation and Management,,

Its MUCH Easier,,,
Old 07-08-2011
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 81%

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmollison44 View Post
I re-read the Stealth Book, and Ive came to the conclusion that ive answered emails that are from eBay messages from my Blackberry from my account that got burned in February and the one that was burned yesterday... Didnt think that they would be able to trace that.
I have mentioned it in several posts where sellers cant figure out what is causing link. I think email beacons are overlooked way to often... And it really is easy to mess this one up with one wrong click.