thinking of starting again with friend's account - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Subscriber Discussions

Subscriber Discussions The juicy stuff...

Old 05-28-2011

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 76%
Default thinking of starting again with friend's account

Hi all,

Relative newbie here- have bought and read the guide and been browsing the forums for a few months, finally got it together to post the questions I've been pondering since, as really need to now get selling again ASAP!

My situ: banned from selling on ebay after nearly ten years and 99.8% positive feedback (got restricted due to DSR's, their restrictions meant they effectively prevented me from ever getting back "up" again, and essentially forced an inevitable suspension on me a few months later), buying still totally fine. Paypal totally fine.
My friend: opened an ebay account one year ago, literally to only ever buy one thing. Has not used it since. Has never sold anything on it. Her ebay therefore totally fine to buy and sell. Her paypal account totally fine. Also (not sure if this matters), her paypal account is not yet "linked" to her ebay account, as in, it appears on file there when I log onto her account, but gives some info about needing to get it linked/confirmed or something when I tested it the other day running right through to the end of the "list your item" process.

She basically doesn't want her account anymore and has no plans to use it again, so has given it to me.
I am going to use her account, and set up a new paypal account to link to this ebay account.

Right, here comes the question!

Let's call my friend Amy Barnes, in order to accurately lay out the following. Her ebay account is her actual name, so her username is amy_barnes. Her paypal account is similar but not identical, i.e. amy_barneswild231.

What I'm trying to say is, this ebay account (or at least, ebay's coffers of information they ask from you when registering) has her address details. Her paypal account has her address details. Am I able to link her ebay account, to a new paypal account, that has totally different details?
i.e. the ebay account is in the name of "amy_barnes", who lives at 10 south road, manchester. I access her account to start selling on it, but obviously need to confirm and link a new, different paypal address, that has new, different name, and new, different bank information.
When looking at her account and viewing the link between her ebay and paypal, the page obviously automatically provides me with the paypal address they assume I want to link to the account (hers- the one she used to buy that single item) but gives me an option to change it, so I am assuming this will be ok? But how so? Surely they assume something inherently 'weird' or 'wrong' when the paypal account linked to this ebay username is now a different name, with different address details, and different bank details? or is it literally as simple as that: you can just start up a new paypal account, and link an old, unused ebay account (and remember, her paypal address currently there in relation to this account has not been confirmed for use with selling as she has never sold) to a brand new paypal account with brand new details?

To clarify, currently:
ebay username: amy_barnes
ebay address: amy barnes, 10 south road, manchester.
paypal username: amy_barneswild233@gmail.com
paypal bank account details: 555555 666666
paypal card details: 777777 888888

after changes:
address: amy barnes, 10 south road, manchester.
paypal username: followthedream@yahoo.com
paypal bank account details: 111111 2222222
paypal card details: 333333 444444

So, the entire batch of ebay information has not changed at all (I am simply using her account), yet the entire batch of paypal information LINKED to it has (I will be using my own, brand new, bank account). Problems?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 05-28-2011

Do NOT start a new Paypal account

First of all add a new bank account (yours) to the existing paypal account and get it verified. Make sure you use a bank that accepts different name deposits.

Change the email address one month later.

Leave the card alone for now. Deal with that at a later date.

In order to sell you may have to link the PP and EB

You have a good opportunity here but you must tread very lightly and not raise red flags

Best of luck with it
The Following User Says Thank You to GrannyT For This Useful Post:
jpennell (06-02-2011)
Old 05-28-2011

Longevity: 79%

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamonda View Post
Hi all,

Relative newbie here- have bought and read the guide and been browsing the forums for a few months, finally got it together to post the questions I've been pondering since, as really need to now get selling again ASAP! A little similar to the person above, I'll try to keep it as efficient as possible.
My situ: banned from selling on ebay after nearly ten years and 99.8% positive feedback (got restricted due to DSR's, their restrictions meant they effectively prevented me from ever getting back "up" again, and essentially forced an inevitable suspension on me a few months later), buying still totally fine. Paypal totally fine.
My friend: opened an ebay account one year ago, literally to only ever buy one thing. Has not used it since. Has never sold anything on it. Her ebay therefore totally fine to buy and sell. Her paypal account totally fine. Also (not sure if this matters), her paypal account is not yet "linked" to her ebay account, as in, it appears on file there when I log onto her account, but gives some info about needing to get it linked/confirmed or something when I tested it the other day running right through to the end of the "list your item" process.

She basically doesn't want her account anymore and has no plans to use it again, so has given it to me.
I am going to use her account, and set up a new paypal account to link to this ebay account.

Right, here comes the question!

Let's call my friend Amy Barnes, in order to accurately lay out the following. Her ebay account is her actual name, so her username is amy_barnes. Her paypal account is similar but not identical, i.e. amy_barneswild231.

What I'm trying to say is, this ebay account (or at least, ebay's coffers of information they ask from you when registering) has her address details. Her paypal account has her address details. Am I able to link her ebay account, to a new paypal account, that has totally different details?
i.e. the ebay account is in the name of "amy_barnes", who lives at 10 south road, manchester. I access her account to start selling on it, but obviously need to confirm and link a new, different paypal address, that has new, different name, and new, different bank information.
When looking at her account and viewing the link between her ebay and paypal, the page obviously automatically provides me with the paypal address they assume I want to link to the account (hers- the one she used to buy that single item) but gives me an option to change it, so I am assuming this will be ok? But how so? Surely they assume something inherently 'weird' or 'wrong' when the paypal account linked to this ebay username is now a different name, with different address details, and different bank details? or is it literally as simple as that: you can just start up a new paypal account, and link an old, unused ebay account (and remember, her paypal address currently there in relation to this account has not been confirmed for use with selling as she has never sold) to a brand new paypal account with brand new details?

To clarify, currently:
ebay address: amy barnes, 10 south road, manchester.
paypal username: amy_barneswild233@gmail.com
paypal bank account details: 555555 666666
paypal card details: 777777 888888

after changes:
address: amy barnes, 10 south road, manchester.
paypal username: followthedream@yahoo.com
paypal bank account details: 111111 2222222
paypal card details: 333333 444444

So, the entire batch of ebay information has not changed at all (I am simply using her account), yet the entire batch of paypal information LINKED to it has (I will be using my own, brand new, bank account). Problems?

Did you reread your post before you posted it ? it reads like it was wrote by edward sissor hands (joke) i sort of got lost a few times,

it seems to me your trying to make something really simple way too hard.

if it was me i would open and add my NEW email address to paypal, link the PP account to eby, i would add my own unused bk acc to PP (first inital and second name) but before adding my bk acc i would get it all verified with limits lifted

Bend it, Shape it, Anyway you want it...http://www.auto-professionals.co.uk/...lies/dance.gif

Last edited by Stigger; 05-28-2011 at 02:59 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Stigger For This Useful Post:
jpennell (06-02-2011)
Old 05-28-2011

the thing about the name veriation is that is a load B

you dont need to do it.

Well kind of, you dont need to do it for adding bk acc or withdrawing.

Bend it, Shape it, Anyway you want it...http://www.auto-professionals.co.uk/...lies/dance.gif
Old 05-28-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by TizWoz View Post
the thing about the name veriation is that is a load B

you dont need to do it.

Well kind of, you dont need to do it for adding bk acc or withdrawing.
Absolutely!!
Old 05-28-2011

ha ha got to use your head when your kicking a ball :D

Old 07-10-2011
Threadstarter  

Many thanks for your continued help and sincerest apologies for the delay in responding- I had not forgotten, by heck how can I when I'm in this much financial strife thanks to flaming ebay!- it's thanks to my current financial ruin that I've been dragged here there and everywhere recently struggling to keep my head above water and the debts from mounting.

Ok, so to get this straight regarding my situation: as you've said above, I do indeed have to link the PP account to EB, this is what's causing me concern and treading slowly.

When you say in your first line "add a new bank account to the existing paypal account and get it verified", I'm assuming you mean not just add, but OPEN a brand new bank account, then add this brand new account to the existing paypal account of my friend amy barnes (i.e. so when you say "new" you don't mean add my own current bank account, the one registered to my selling-suspended ebay account, to hers- which would obviously be "new" to her paypal account but not new to paypal themselves at all- you mean open a brand new bank account and add it to her paypal address).

Isn't there a problem there? If you see my earlier post, with paypal having all her info on file, surely I can't bowl up and add a fresh set of totally different info- name, address, bank info, etc- to this currently active paypal account? Shouldn't I be starting a fresh paypal account?

My concern is- as in previous post- that use of Amy Barnes ebay account is all fine, it's the paypal I'm stuck on. I want to leave Amy Barnes current paypal account alone for her to use, she simply does not need her ebay anymore. i.e. i just need to link her ebay account, to a brand new paypal account. Her details- both ebay and paypal- are currently on file with ebay for that one single transaction she made, but not linked- I know because when I did a test run through of listing an item under her ebay account and stopped a few steps short, I was told on screen I had to link a PP acct to this EB acct to sell, and was prompted to link/confirm the one on file that she'd used that single time, which of course I did not do.
Old 07-10-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Simplest thing would be to make your own accounts and not use anything belonging to a friend. It's silly. You've not started and you've got problems already.

Let's call friend's ebay account amy-one and paypal account amy-one. All info is in name of amy-one and obviously on record. Agree?

Your need is to 'feed' the amy-one account with a new paypal account. Agree?
You will need a new bank account should you do that. Agree?

If you agree, then this is the less than 10,000 word answer.

Make a new current account in your name. Attach that to the amy-one paypal account.
Make it the primary banking account and link/verify the paypal via the bank account which you will use for funds.
Old 07-10-2011

Longevity: 75%
Send a message via MSN to ShadyOne

You have the guide and as you have stated, you have been browsing the forum for months, so why are you invloving friends in your stealth activities. Their is no need at all.

Using other peoples accounts and details, is not considered stealth by many members. It is seen a shortuct. Usually either a shortcut so legit docs can be provided or a shortcut because for some reason, you have not learned stealth enough yet. So not knowing enough about stealth and using other peoples details, is a recipe for disaster.

I do empathize with you, though this is the problem, many people have eBay as their main income and before long they find themselves here and realise they never even knew the basics of their own business. You have to link a PayPal to sell on eBay, they will ask for a reason.

New accounts and start from the bottom, work your way up.

Last edited by ShadyOne; 07-10-2011 at 07:13 AM.
Old 07-10-2011
Threadstarter  

Shadyone- thanks for your advice- I've seen people "told off" or "advised against" using friend's accounts, but of course there's always reasons and so many different situations behind everyone's decision that whilst I understand and appreciate the concern, obviously I am the only one who knows the relationship/situations/any other words you care to throw at it between myself and my friend and thus my decision is ultimately mine- and that of any one else who chooses to do so- to make. Which I have made and will live by: I just need advice moving forward with it.

GreenBean- thank you- yes on all counts, but I still see confusion: you say:
"You need a new paypal account"
Agree.
"You will need a new bank account"
Agree.

But then, in the final two lines, you are saying to add the new bank account, to the already there paypal account of amy_one: therefore there is no new paypal account as suggested in the first two lines? Instead, amy_one current paypal account is now linked to my new bank account?
Old 07-14-2011
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrannyT View Post
Do NOT start a new Paypal account
You have a good opportunity here but you must tread very lightly and not raise red flags

Best of luck with it
Thank you- this is what I realised early on, hence treading carefully.

Shadyone thank you too "so not knowing enough about stealth..." etc. This is exactly why I'm taking long- far, far longer than I can afford to and far, far longer than I expected- asking questions, reading stealth multiple times before actually doing anything, and treading carefully.

Of course, like so many people I literally wanted and needed to start a fresh account there and then that same day I got suspended. But I didn't, and I'll be damned if I cock it up now, months on. It's a hard line to walk: it seems many people come here asking a lot of silly or 'basic' questions as they haven't done their homework, so are (understandably) told to go away and do it, then people like me come here from the other direction, nitpicking carefully over everything, and are told the opposite "you're making something simple way too hard".
Can't win! My belief is better to be safe than sorry.

Having read stealth through yet again- twice alone today!- I still have some questions/concerns. I have also spent a significant amount of time browsing the forums and posts in these areas, so if I ask questions that have already been answered chances are my situ is different, or the threads I found were over a couple of years old, or simply I'm not only paranoid, but thick too :-D Some of my questions still remain as per my last post:

Surely I should be starting a NEW paypal account?
I do not understand why I've been advised against this in this thread? Remember, I am using Amy One's ebay account, that is up and running with all Amy One's real info. (one year old, never used to sell on, is essentially a "new" account as only bought one thing, one year ago.)
Amy One also has a paypal account with obviously MATCHING INFO to the ebay account.
Amy One's paypal account is NOT LINKED to Amy One's EB account (i.e. to sell you need to link a paypal account to the EB account).
To clarify: both EB and PP accounts currently exist, with matching name/address/etc info, but the two have not been linked on ebay for selling.
Amy One has no use for her ebay account: this is now mine.
Amy One DOES want to keep her current paypal account for her own future use.

In this thread above, I am being advised that instead of starting a new paypal account, to CHANGE details on Amy One's paypal account (i.e. telephone number and email address, which is no problem to do).
Then link my newly opened bank account details and pre-paid card to Amy One's paypal account.
But, this means- surely- that Amy One's paypal: the one she wants to use for other things nothing to do with ebay, has now not only a) had multiple changes made to it: email ad, phone number, bank details, but b) is now linked to Amy One ebay account, just with the whole host of changes that have been made?
I thought the whole idea, and the reason I was fortunate in my specific situation, is that Amy One's paypal is currently NOT linked to Amy One's ebay?
Old 07-14-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

A synopsis of the last post with Cliff Note's is required - I elect GTran =P
Old 07-15-2011
Threadstarter  

heh sorry rsot- I've read it through again and it doesn't seem confusing to me:
Basically, in this thread, taking into account my situ, I have been advised NOT to open a new paypal acccount.
i.e. use the Amy One PP account that is already set up, which has the same details as the Amy One ebay account, which is also already sitting there, but NOT linked/verified with each other yet.
However, considering what I have said- my friend would still like to use her paypal account, but has absolutely no interest or use for her EB one, surely I SHOULD be setting up a new PP account, as the other option appears to be changing Amy One's details (email ad, phone number, bank acccount) on Amy One's current paypal account.
Old 07-15-2011
Executive [VIP]

Personally I wouldnt advise using friends details for many many reasons.

Why would you even need to when its so easy to set up stealth accounts of your own?

the futures bright....the futures stealth
Old 07-15-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

1. Go get a fresh bank account (hopefully you can). 2. Do stealth methods - "easy peesy".

Why get other folx tied up into your money-making activities is beyond me.

Imake$ speaks the truth.
Old 07-15-2011

OK - here's how I see it.

AmyOne wants to keep her Paypal account but, because you want to use her Ebay account you need a workaround - I think that chops everything you said down to one sentence.

Your problem - If you start a second Paypal account the nasty bots at Paypal are going to throw up the fact that AmyOne is already on their books. Therefore you are pretty well unable to register a new account to attach to the Ebay account. If AmyOne is not moving house any time soon it would seem that your only way forward is to start new accounts in stealth mode.

If AmyOne was happy to hand over her Paypal account as well then you would not have a problem - just open a new account at the right bank and hang it on there.

In an ideal world, if you are sure you want to use your friends account, you could open up a stealth Paypal account for her because buyers accounts do not get looked at as much as sellers accounts.

Best I can come up with at the moment I'm afraid

Old 07-17-2011
Threadstarter  

Many, many thanks GrannyT. Such a useful post with all the info needed/things I was wondering. That was exactly it, as I went over this thread and the guide time and time again and just could not figure out what I was missing, and turns out I wasn't missing anything as my understanding of it matches your confirmation. Great info to know in general too.... once paypal details are matched to ebay ones even if not verified/linked to each other there's no room for movement adding a new PP to the EB account, and that stealth paypal for buying is easier, etc. Many thanks.