Regarding Amazon buyer blackmailing me - LAUGHABLE! but what to do?! - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Subscriber Discussions

Subscriber Discussions The juicy stuff...

Old 08-05-2011

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 78%
Default Regarding Amazon buyer blackmailing me - LAUGHABLE! but what to do?!

So I received the following email on my way home from work today. I thought my head was going to pop when I read it but I collected myself and responded swiftly and politely. Please read!

"I have to leave feedback about the XXXXXX that I just received from you. I am upset that your company charged me 3 different shipping and handling charges on my order.

I will give you the opportunity to give me back 2 of the 3 shipping charges before I give you an awful rating on amazon.com. After that I will send an email to amazon to follow up on your procedures and then will proceed to inform the Better Business Bureau about your bad business practices.
I feel as though your company stole from me. You charged 3 shipping services and my XXXXX, all three XXXXXX, came in the same envelope at the same time and that is not worth $15.00. I'll expect a refund of my $10 and will give you the opportunity to make this right before I start filing paperwork against your company. You can expect me to begin this on Tuesday August 9.

Sincerely,
Donald "

Filing paper work against my company?!?! What a load of rubbish! ! That was my first thought lol

So you guys know, with the items he purchased my price plus shipping PER item was still lower PER item than the next lowest person selling it. And I was/am the lowest even with shipping at what it is!

needless to say after refunding his money I ALMOST broke even! He stole all my profits back!

BUT I really dont want the negative FB as im currently at 98% and only 130 ratings so that would take me to like 95% soI politely replied that I refunded his $10 as per his request and sent my best regards.

But what do you do with something like this?! I feel violated!

I did forward his e-mail onto seller support asking for their help. We will see what type of response I get
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 08-05-2011
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 91%

To be honest you kinda brought it on yourself. why would you charge that much shipping and sent like you did with no refund.?? I would be mad too. I wouldnt make up a bunch of crap like they did on how they were going to try to get their way but would be iritated for sure.

This new day and age with the EB and amazon business practices have to be changed, Making a killing off of shipping and getting away with it is old hat. That was the old way of doing things when you could get away with it.

Customers know they dont have to put up with it any longer.

Would you not be mad as well.

Yes you probably had it clearly stated in the listing but either way you should change your ways. People wrong or right wont have it like that any more and you are seeing the result of it.

If you cannot make money on selling that item then you are needing to work on your purchasing techniques, your competitors are ahead of you in that respect.

Time to make some changes it sounds. That product isnt working for you any longer.
Old 08-05-2011

Sorry to hear that happened temptation84. That is rough. Hope it works out

Here's a similar situation I encountered recently with an Amazon buyer pertaining to blackmailing but not to the extreme you experienced.

At first, I noticed 3 Emails from this buyer (wow) and began reading the first one. I replied to the first pm then read the second and replied and so on… He wrote Mr then my handle on Amazon not even bothering to realize i am female. Here is our conversation cut and pasted

Mr ********,

I am a furious customer that is extremely unhappy with the product I never received from you. I ordered a Star Wars Car Toy and recieved a micro machines version of it instead. I want an explanation for this. If this was done intentional then I will report you to amazon for false advertising. The toy car was one of my favorite childhood toys and i felt a bombshell was dropped on me when I recieved this micro machine version of it.

Please send me the right toy product. And I will ship this one back to you. I will also upgrade my rating once I recieved the right item.

This was my order:

Star Wars Starfighter Vehicle - Cloud Vehicle

001-4012545-0646648

Thank you,

Sir you need to calm down

You were sent an email prior to the transaction saying IF THERE IS A PROBLEM PLEASE CONTACT ME

YET…. you decided the transaction had ended and left feedback as if we are DONE BUT HERE YOU ARE

My feedback reads 100% for a reason, I cannot imagine it wouldn't speak for itself??

How do you think violating Amazons FEEDBACK MANIPULATION POLICY
is going to help? dangling feedback in front of me is going to get you your correct toy?

You have done some serious damage to my account. You left an impression that the transaction has ended and I did not correct it

Strangely, even though I have about 500 transactions I have ALWAYS reimbursed my Customers when they asked. And I NEVER had them even return the product to me

I have never heard of ANY AMAZON seller reimbursing shipping, they normally keep it. Yet you were sent the ship difference in cash. So where you got the idea you had to violate Amazons policy -AND- disrespect me by saying something which is not true- YOU CANNOT CHANGE YOUR FEEDBACK NOW

YOU CAN ONLY REMOVE YOUR FEEDBACK

Please take a few breathes, and come back to the computer when you are composed.

You have so much hate for me to mess up my account leaving an impression via feedback that is untrue. It appears I never helped you when all you had to do is ask. Your account would have been credited, you keep the product AND the extra money I sent you as the shipping refund

My head is spinning from all of this hate I woke up to. I am still trying to garnish some sympathy for you which normally comes quite easy anytime a customer is unhappy for any reason

Hello Miss *********,

I was very upset in my last email. But after I calmed down I realize that this could be shipping mistake on your end. I really hope thats the case. Since I'm generally a nice person and giving people the benefit of the doubt. I was just so disappointed in my last email I sent you. Please let me know if a possible exchange can be done or process a refund. I already ordered the 2 pilots for this cloud vehicle and they certainly won't fit in a micro machine version of it. If this can be corrected, I would like to upgrade my service rating with you. Please let me know what my options are.

Thank you,

Thank you for toning this one down, I appreciate it very much

Mistakes happen but can easily and quickly be corrected. Once this happened regarding a mini version of a toy and it turned out that Amazons catalog was wrong and i inputted the UPC code correctly. Since I do not have the full size version I cannot test it but it doesn't matte

You received the wrong item so to have you ship it back is unfair. That is Amazons return policy but it is not my return policy. I feel the customer deserves to keep the product. So please keep it. And the extra money sent to offset shipping

You will receive a credit within 24 hrs, a message within 24 hrs. I will also check my payments account to ensure it went thru. It always does but if needed, I am always ready to send cash in the mail

Please consider removing your feedback as my 100% rating is vital to us paying our bills. It represents the way I do business, and people trust the Sellers that hold that rating.

I do business honestly and to the best of my ability. I am so sorry you received the wrong product, it has been taken care of. And i will continue to monitor it to ensure it will complete

Blessings to you,

Hello ********,

Thank you again for processing the refund and allowing me to keep the item. I had some really bad experiences buying products on ebay the past few months which was why I was very upset with this transaction. This is why I switched to Amazon. I just removed the negative feed back in good faith . I apologize again for my earlier tirade. That was out of character for me. And I hope to plan on doing business again in the future.

Regards,

Last edited by Melissa1971; 08-05-2011 at 10:55 PM.
Old 08-05-2011

I hear Amazon support is removing feedback for things that aren't necessarily listed as violations so if he leaves you bad feedback, I'd ask Amazon to remove the neg

But maybe you can head it off by reminding your buyer, in a polite non sarcastic manner, that you did not take liberties to report him for violating Amazons feedback manipulation policy. This means you have something over on him so it is not desireable for him to anger you further by leaving bad feedback

Others here may have wiser advice
Old 08-05-2011
Executive [VIP]

That is how I would have wanted to handle it but have learned over the years to just say you made a mistake and you are sorry, harping on them for being mad has only worked bad for me in the past.

I completely understand why you said what you did and glad it worked out as it did this time. I just cant stand that moron customer that cannot be pleased which this type of email will just backfire.
Old 08-07-2011
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 93%

For most seller accounts, Amazon sets the shipping, including combined shipping. NOT the seller. The real problem is idiot buyers. If they reviewed the charges before they confirmed the order, they agreed to pay so & so. Can you believe the number of idiots who have come out of the closet with the anonymity of the internet to hide them from their fellow citizens?
Old 08-07-2011
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 77%

Amazon buyers are ridiculous.

Creep orders a computer with i3 processor, I send him a unit with an i5 processor.

After I see it got delivered, I ask message him if everything is ok? He answers "everything is fine, thanks for the business"

Next day he leaves a neutral.
Old 08-07-2011
Executive [VIP]

Yeah I hate that. Its because those sites all claim that neutral is middle of the road.

Not liked or disliked is usually neutral and people take it literally which sucks.

Yeah they got what they ordered. they were not overly excited or disappointed. VERY irritating when they use that thought process for posting feedback stars, etc..
Old 08-08-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingRay View Post
That is how I would have wanted to handle it but have learned over the years to just say you made a mistake and you are sorry, harping on them for being mad has only worked bad for me in the past.
I didn't "harp" on him
Quote:
I completely understand why you said what you did and glad it worked out as it did this time. I just cant stand that moron customer that cannot be pleased which this type of email will just backfire.
Amazon would have removed his neg upon request due to it breaking a policy violation. Being refunded means no claim. So my response couldn't "backfire"
Buyer needed to answer those questions with lies to obtain 1 out of 5 Stars.

His impression left in feedback, another form of deceit, was based in lies.

Then blaming ME for his false accusations against me, well, it would be wrong to allow him to delude himself further at my expense.

If I decided to "harp" at him then my guess is it wouldn't be conducive to him removing the feedback or us reconciling in unity. We pm'd a little after the refund, he was very nice
Old 08-08-2011
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 93%

Yeah I hate that. Its because those sites all claim that neutral is middle of the road.

Not liked or disliked is usually neutral and people take it literally which sucks.

Yeah they got what they ordered. they were not overly excited or disappointed. VERY irritating when they use that thought process for posting feedback stars, etc..

All you guys need to include printouts that make it clear you strive for 5 star feedback, and anything less can be damaging to your account.
The Following User Says Thank You to ovidiu For This Useful Post:
Melissa1971 (08-08-2011)
Old 08-11-2011
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovidiu View Post

All you guys need to include printouts that make it clear you strive for 5 star feedback, and anything less can be damaging to your account.

Got it covered. I send one with every item as posted many times on this forum.

Melissa, Didnt mean you were harping, was just trying to get a point across. sorry.